Is Spirit Balanced?

SkeletalElite
SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
edited May 2021 in Polls

Vote on how balanced you think spirit is

Is Spirit Balanced? 100 votes

The Spirit's base kit is too strong
19%
[Deleted User]MazoobiFreddoScary_Punk_GhostRothlonRattiusxtr4meNormal1PatatesGannTMbowoThr_ustInk_EyesIWasLeft2Die[Deleted User]Badonkadonkash13Splatman08simpforfelixDemogorgeouse 19 votes
The Spirit has add-ons that are too strong
14%
WeederickSurvJoeInsaneCoasterMattie_MayhemOGSebaOutbreakLumionestyTripleStealShinobuSKCheeseAntonZestyDistortedDreamHaunterofShadows[Deleted User]Hex_Ignored 14 votes
The Spirit's base kit and add-ons are too strong
37%
Nos37TapeKnotHoodiedSkeletalEliteMrPenguinSillierHorizon5AhoyWolfPlantCollectorHannonGothicPrincesslandromatDoug_FAwkward_Fiendtazerling7953SlamitieGenerator_RepairerPixel_BoomBotDerZuntorglitchboiFobbo 37 votes
The Spirit's fine as is
19%
GibberishAdelookodiakyBlueberryDimekTaigaNemmy_WemmyGlamourousLeviathanWarcrafter4Bigbubbabam270UndershotOmputingetuy45u4iuTheDarkTyrantKirkyladViktor1853[Deleted User]SickamooreSirGando 19 votes
The Spirit's base kit isn't strong enough
3%
WoodywoolDbD_EnjoyerOtakucherrys 3 votes
The Spirit's add-ons are not strong enough
0%
The Spirit's base kit and add-ons are not strong enough
0%
Other (please comment)
8%
musstang62DawnMadMadLordJackCrowmanYordsQwQwgilgameryikesama 8 votes

Comments

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

I think duration add-ons are too strong because they also help her recharge faster.

I think they should reintroduce the bug from a few patches back where you could hear her during a phase because it gave survivors a little bit of information on what she was doing in the chase which let them make smarter choices.

• InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305

Although her basekit is no doubt one of the strongest (if not the strongest) in the game, I can deal with it mostly fine. I think the real problems lie with her add-ons. There are some that are simply ridiculously overpowered, and with a decent player are borderline uncounterable in far too many scenarios for survivors.

• DbD_Enjoyer
    DbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 459
    The Spirit's base kit isn't strong enough

The recharge time and duration on base kit, needs a buff.

• yikesama
    yikesama Member Posts: 24
    edited May 2021
    Other (please comment)

The Spirit is not "Broken" or "OP" as alot of people say, like "theres no counterplay she is so Broken" yeah well Iron Will and Spine Chill would be an Option.

Spirit is as fine as she is but i need to say Spirit with Ultra rares and Stridor is very very Strong and there could be some options for buffs.

Post edited by yikesama on
  • ryseterion
    ryseterion Member Posts: 445

Considering how oppresive this killer is, no it doesnt

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017

Overall, Spirit needs a nerf, or even a rework.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,383
    Other (please comment)

Well her duration addons are bugged and also make her power recharge faster which should get fixed. But overall I don't think her addons or basekit is too strong.

Spirit does have some counterplay, but I feel a lot of her counterplay is currently too unreliable and should be adjusted so survivors have better opportunities to counterplay spirit.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Other (please comment)

The thing with spirit is that I can't tell if she is op or not. If she is played by someone who has a good headset, it doesn't matter if you have iron will because you are screwed. On average though, she can be somewhat dealt with.

She has no counterplay, but her power is not necessarily OP because it still has a cooldown. Now nurse on the other hand, lol SHE is OP.

She definitely needs a nerf, or better yet a rework that is well-done. I don't want a repeat of freddy's rework, I want a rework that makes spirit have counterplay, still strong, and overall fun to play. But this is just a dream honestly...

• Badonkadonk
    Badonkadonk Member Posts: 79
    The Spirit's base kit is too strong

I forgot most of her addons, but I think most of the really messed up ones have been fixed (if not I guess fix her addons?). Otherwise, honestly, her power would be fine, just give the survivors some sort of cue to be able to tell where the spirit will be coming from or just some actually useful info without the use or need for perks.

I dunno if you'd really call it her 'kit' it's mostly just people asking for more information when she phases.

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030
    Other (please comment)

Her basekit is very balanced in high skill matches. Her addons are pretty problematic since stronger ones can make her a bit overpowered. Her information also needs fixing since in lower skill matches she is much easier to play than face, give something to work with to those survivors and she will be fine.

Oh also injured sounds are a big problem, she shouldn't be able to hear them while she is phasing at all. Just being able to hear breathing, grass and footsteps makes her phasing much more balanced.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

Her base kit is strong, but balanced. The main issue is that most of her add-ons (Mainly the Mother Daughter Ring + Yakuyoke Amulet combo) can be too powerful or downright overpowered.

• Relix
    Relix Member Posts: 9

The spirit is a strong killer but pretty balanced. I dont think it needs a nerf (Also it already got one).

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759

semi-agree, although spirit does have the cooldown, its short enough where you can recover fairly easily in a bad chase.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

The nerf I would make to add-ons is have them not able to stack.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Some of her add ons are busted, base kit is fine. Touch her power and she is gone. We need strong killers too

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074
    The Spirit's fine as is

She's fine. Maybe just the MOST MINOR change to things but that's it.

• SoapNSpook
    SoapNSpook Member Posts: 151

I think the poll says it all

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

There’s no argument that I’ve seen for her not be nerfed

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Other (please comment)

it depends, what is she going against? a tournament squad? then yeah she's perfectly fine. Is she going against a team of random solo queues? then absolutely not she is way over tuned in both addons and base kit. Should she be balanced around that tournament squad or the team of randos? I don't know probably somewhere in the middle or maybe towards the higher end? again I don't know but that's the way I see it.