Current State of Dead By Daylight

Link
Link Member Posts: 135

After they released the graphs and now that people have had time to let it sink in, what are your thoughts on the current meta of dbd and who is the more stronger side, or have we reached perfect balance? I personally feel like the only problem we are facing are coordinated survive with friends groups and maaayybeee gen rushing, although i'm kinda contempt with that all thing since the healing nerf.

Comments

• LightsOut88
    LightsOut88 Member Posts: 123
    edited November 2018
    Honestly 2 months ago this game had reached a point where at rank 1 I didnt even want to play killer anymore. It was so unbalanced (unless you bandwagon nurse or billy) and survivors had a huge advantage. Even the games I won were very difficult and left me feeling exasperated after every harrowing match! 

I recently came back last week and started playing again and I must say it seems much more stable now. It seems like each side is having to struggle in their own way to do well, and that all around it comes down to player skill. I have been able to use killers at low rank recently that I normally cant use and survivors are putting up good fights but not being able to abuse me as much as before. Im not even sure what the exact changes have been but all around I think that DBD is in its best form yet.
    My only beef is insta blind is back with flashlights i have been dealing with a lof bogus saves as killer, from the back or side, but i wont complain. We are getting there slowly but surely!

• Arsoul
    Arsoul Member Posts: 320

This post. At least once per day.
    Getting the post count up?

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    The most accurate info from the charts is the mori... the whole survivors live and die is flawed to hell.... suicides, DC, stupid farms etc.... those increase the death ratio.... along with the games that should have ended with 3 people surviving but went for saves and then 2 or 3 end up dying... DBD is in the best state ever and the devs have been working hard and moving in the right direction... survivor is still super strong though..
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

The stats are not useful, because survivor do not need to survive.
    If they would need to survive to… rank up … or keep their points, the stats would look very different.
    To many matches I play turn from a sure 1k into a 3k (or even 4k) just because the survivor refuse to leave anyone behind (or overconfident/cocky).
    Also the Devs did not say if they included DCs as kills. And we all know how bad DCs leave the rest of the team. So one DCs and the rest of the team dies also, just because they ve been left with 3 player and 5 gens to go.
    This is messing up the stats and is ruining their value.

• Link
    Link Member Posts: 135

@Arsoul said:
    This post. At least once per day.
    Getting the post count up?

I generally come here at least once a week and i was genuinely just curious for peoples opinions on dbds current state, sorry if you're seeing similar posts.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Wolf74 said:

If they would need to survive to… rank up … or keep their points, the stats would look very different.
    To many matches I play turn from a sure 1k into a 3k (or even 4k) just because the survivor refuse to leave anyone behind (or overconfident/cocky).
    Also the Devs did not say if they included DCs as kills. And we all know how bad DCs leave the rest of the team. So one DCs and the rest of the team dies also, just because they ve been left with 3 player and 5 gens to go.

@Wolf74
    Killers dceing increase the win rate for survivors as well.
  • Fenix
    Fenix Member Posts: 13

You can see who is killer main here.
    The state for me atm is
    Solo surv rank2: terrible, i mean its good they took the vacum away. Buth now i get hit even if i stun the killer first .
    The same with windows , jump tru them still get hit even if i finneshd the jump.
    Not even talking about the map design (not all of them)how are you gonna escape with straight walls next to each other.
    And if there is a window, you can just walk by it.
    And not even speaking about the biggest enemy your teammates.

Killer rank2: i feel way more powerfull than used to be, sometimes even to powerfull.
    Even with killers im not good with like freddy and trapper, im doing good.
    Dont feel like im getting looped that mutch anymore.
    3K is more the average now while it use to be 2k.
    The only issue is still swf, buth only like 0.01% are frustrating.

Overall : i like wath they did buth ,the hitboxes really feel like a mess . And alot off maps are a bit weird as surv. As soon i hit rank1 with surv, im gone keep it to killer.
    I think alot off killer mains are lying here. or they just want the surv do nothing and get on that hook themself

• benzos
    benzos Member Posts: 178

@Vietfox said:
    Wolf74 said:

@Wolf74
    Killers dceing increase the win rate for survivors as well.

lol. So true.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Fenix said:

You can see who is killer main here.
    The state for me atm is
    Solo surv rank2: terrible, i mean its good they took the vacum away. Buth now i get hit even if i stun the killer first .
    The same with windows , jump tru them still get hit even if i finneshd the jump.
    Not even talking about the map design (not all of them)how are you gonna escape with straight walls next to each other.
    And if there is a window, you can just walk by it.
    And not even speaking about the biggest enemy your teammates.

Killer rank2: i feel way more powerfull than used to be, sometimes even to powerfull.
    Even with killers im not good with like freddy and trapper, im doing good.
    Dont feel like im getting looped that mutch anymore.
    3K is more the average now while it use to be 2k.
    The only issue is still swf, buth only like 0.01% are frustrating.

Overall : i like wath they did buth ,the hitboxes really feel like a mess . And alot off maps are a bit weird as surv. As soon i hit rank1 with surv, im gone keep it to killer.
    I think alot off killer mains are lying here. or they just want the surv do nothing and get on that hook themself

I can switch your "killer" to "survivor" and every critique you move on killer would make sense anyway

BTW its but not buth, much not mutch and I can go on but you got the point

For hit through pallets, just be smart. I don't think I'm the only one who can predict I will gonna get hit if the killer is at X range from me. I know what distance I need to drop the pallet safely getting a stun bonus so you just need practice

Vaults, same as the above

Map design, yeah map sucks sometimes but most of the time still advantage the survivor not the killer. Finally they closed some dumb double windows or those with huge loops after that but still. Very few maps advantage the killer, the only one I can think of is The Game and even there almost every pallet is a safe one with 0 mind game potential

If you think only 0.01% swf I a problem you are lying or just never found decent one. Lucky you. As survivor, solo survivor, I can loop the killer decently but some that I had in my team and were 3 SWF made a living hell for the killer. They saved me all the time with flashlights, eternal loop while doing gens almost in front of them. Your % its pretty deceiving and wrong

More kills overall, yeah because you new to actually think a little bit now. Before I just opened YouTube while playing survivor. I still do and have no issue surviving most of the time (farmers mates apart)

you think a lot of killer lie but as far as I can see you lie a lot too so I guess its even

The only thing I don't like atm is the vault changes, it was a lazy fix for maps problems. They still made improvements but I would've kept the vault the same as before, kinda arcade, and fixed the maps more deeply instead of this unintuitive midvaults 

Still I like the way they are at least trying to improve and its more enjoyable overall
  • redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    The I just like now if a dc happens on a hook it counts as a sacrifice for the adept trophys or if your in the hook animation there hooked or even when your mori they can't cheat you th 1k points 
  • TheLegion
    TheLegion Member Posts: 10
    Link said:

After they released the graphs and now that people have had time to let it sink in, what are your thoughts on the current meta of dbd and who is the more stronger side, or have we reached perfect balance? I personally feel like the only problem we are facing are coordinated survive with friends groups and maaayybeee gen rushing, although i'm kinda contempt with that all thing since the healing nerf.

Tbh the only balanced killer we really have is wraith and huntress