What's the best killer for farming?

Options
akbays35
akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

I'm trying to get bp for the next killer and wondered what killer and effective perks get the most bp. So far been using The Shape with Distressing, Thrill of the Hunt, BBQ and Chili, and Ruin to get 50-60k every round.

Comments

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

BBQ/Distressing are always great combos and instead of say Thrill/Ruin which can easily get destroyed throw in Rancor and say Bitter Murmur or Agitation for faster hooks.

For farming you can go Myers with his Scratched Mirror then use Lery's offering and rampage for tons of points. Wraith if you know how to play him with his all seeing eye combo is evil as well. Doctor with Distressing and Gideons isn't fair either.

I main Spirit and if I'm going for jump scare I'll swap out Distressing for M&A or sometimes even keep it because it makes people run out of hiding before you even get to their location.

• akbays35
    Options

@powerbats said:
    BBQ/Distressing are always great combos and instead of say Thrill/Ruin which can easily get destroyed throw in Rancor and say Bitter Murmur or Agitation for faster hooks.

For farming you can go Myers with his Scratched Mirror then use Lery's offering and rampage for tons of points. Wraith if you know how to play him with his all seeing eye combo is evil as well. Doctor with Distressing and Gideons isn't fair either.

I main Spirit and if I'm going for jump scare I'll swap out Distressing for M&A or sometimes even keep it because it makes people run out of hiding before you even get to their location.

I like ruin with thrill since it helps me locate survivors and slow the game down just a little bit.

• nikodelpino
    nikodelpino Member Posts: 27
    Options

The Nurse is the best killer for farming when mastered in my opinion. You always get 28K or more with her per game, even more if you use BBQ.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options
    Doc: bbq, distressing... + shock therapy
  • akbays35
    Options

@nikodelpino said:
    The Nurse is the best killer for farming when mastered in my opinion. You always get 28K or more with her per game, even more if you use BBQ.

Usually get 50-60k with myers, I get 35-45 with doc but I don't have distressing on him. Myers gets tons of points from just stalking and distressing really boosts that.

• GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460
    Options

You can also farm with The Doctor, using Distressing, Barbeque & Chili, Hex: Thrill of the Hunt, Hex: Ruin!

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@akbays35 said:
    I'm trying to get bp for the next killer and wondered what killer and effective perks get the most bp. So far been using The Shape with Distressing, Thrill of the Hunt, BBQ and Chili, and Ruin to get 50-60k every round.

Nurse is probably the best. You can finish the game real quick and get all BBQ stacks.
    Sure, you might get higher points within a single game with killers like wraith or doc, but its all about time efficiency, isnt it?

But of course you need to be a good nurse, otherwise it wont work :smile:
    I can also recommend hag

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178
    Options

Just play well with Billy/Nurse/Huntress/Spirit and you'll get more points faster than doing some farm build.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Options
    Freddy gets an extraordinary amount of points once you mastered the heckling/hit and run. You will max out deviousness and brutality in no time.
  • akbays35
    Options

Might grind more points into nurse, doc, and freddy to see. I just get efficient games with myers because of his overall kit and how easy it is to find survivors unless they are SUPER IMMERSED or corn maps but I can use the tractors for tracking :/.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited November 2018
    Options

Just play well with Billy/Nurse/Huntress/Spirit and you'll get more points faster than doing some farm build.

How does Huntress figure into this? Aside from Thrill of the hunt which doesn't factor in anymore once destroyed, iirc.
    And Thrill of the hunt has potential to be taught to other killers.

I think the only way she gets points outside the norm is with hatchet hits.
  • akbays35
    edited November 2018
    Options

@Mister_xD said:
    if all you care about is BP, id recommend you to play Freddy.
    and before you come here and LOL rate this, please hear me out!
    i know Freddy is the weakest killer in the game. still, you will get tons of points playing him, due to the fact that he will always use his ability when doing an action with the survivors, which grants him massive amounts of bonus points.
    e.g. when you find a survivor and tag them, you get 150 dream demon points, then 200 survivor found points, then 500 dream chaser points, then 300 brutality points and another 300 brutality points, 500 hook points and the additional chaser points. and this is only one hook.

I know freddy is strong getting points, problem is dealing with coordinated teams and having the games end too early. Plus him and doc are add-on reliant, I get non sweaty 2-4k on brown add ons with myers.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

@akbays35 said:

@Mister_xD said:
    if all you care about is BP, id recommend you to play Freddy.
    and before you come here and LOL rate this, please hear me out!
    i know Freddy is the weakest killer in the game. still, you will get tons of points playing him, due to the fact that he will always use his ability when doing an action with the survivors, which grants him massive amounts of bonus points.
    e.g. when you find a survivor and tag them, you get 150 dream demon points, then 200 survivor found points, then 500 dream chaser points, then 300 brutality points and another 300 brutality points, 500 hook points and the additional chaser points. and this is only one hook.

I know freddy is strong getting points, problem is dealing with coordinated teams and having the games end too early. Plus him and doc are add-on reliant, I get non sweaty 2-4k on brown add ons with myers.

well, you've asked for a killer who is good at farming BP, not for a killer who is effective.
    as i've said earlier, freddy is great for the BP, but he sucks when you want to keep a certain rank.
    also, i'd recommend you to run vanilla freddy without any add ons, cuz otherwise you'd be forced to spend the BP you've just earned on him in order to get the add ons back you've just used.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

@akbays35 said:

If you want to run Distressing anyway, better go with a killer that benefits from a bigger TR; like Doctor.

• nikodelpino
    nikodelpino Member Posts: 27
    Options

@akbays35 said:

@nikodelpino said:

Usually get 50-60k with myers, I get 35-45 with doc but I don't have distressing on him. Myers gets tons of points from just stalking and distressing really boosts that.

I think most killers can be good for farming points if played effectively. Except for the Pig probably, in the deviousness category she simply doesn't get many points. Also for the case of the Trapper, you can have games in which any of them will step on your traps denying him for deviousness points. Leatherface is another killer which can be looped by good survivors and not getting to chainsaw them, leading to a poor performance in deviousness. Other than those, I think the rest can do fine.

The Nurse is just the Nurse. If played well and you blink efficiently, you can farm Deviousness and Brutality at the same time, and probably you will 4K leading to max in Sacrifice. I tell from my experience that I feel it's the Nurse the killer which I usually get more points per game on average (if survivors don't DC of course, which also happens form time to time).

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 984
    Options
    Freddy and Doctor with BBQ, beast of prey, distressing etc makes a ton of points.
  • Darksilk
    Darksilk Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Like some said Freddy is my main and i make 40 to 50k in bad matches and up to 65k in good matches.
  • LRGamer
    LRGamer Member Posts: 160
    Options
    akbays35 said:

The Doctor BOIIIII
  • friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162
    Options

scratched mirror myers with distressing bbq and chili trill of the hunt and any filler

• akbays35
    edited November 2018
    Options

@friendlykillermain said:
    scratched mirror myers with distressing bbq and chili trill of the hunt and any filler

might try that out, been looking at beast of prey instead of distressing since the point gain is stronger.
    EDIT: Scratch mirror gives garbage points cause it cant stack with distressing :/

Post edited by akbays35 on
  • friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162
    Options

@akbays35 said:

might try that out, been looking at beast of prey instead of distressing since the point gain is stronger.

use that as filler too
    make sure you burn jigsaw piece and watch the points roll in iv made 1000000 bloodpoints in 4 hours

• akbays35
    Options

@LRGamer said:
    akbays35 said:

The Doctor BOIIIII

I'm getting 8-10k easier with myers than with doc so idk, more staring, less shocking imo plus it's easier to down people with and get bbq stacks. I'm using both though

• akbays35
    Options

@akbays35 said:

use that as filler too
    make sure you burn jigsaw piece and watch the points roll in iv made 1000000 bloodpoints in 4 hours

Looking at the wiki, I'm surprised that Myers is really the only killer with bp add ons.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    BBQ and Distressing are the usual perks people take. BBQ is good because you get bonus points and it reveals locations. Distressing gives bonus points BUT the downside is it increases your terror radius.

This is why people take Doc - because he benefits from a larger terror radius due to the madness effect.

Freddy in herr is also a decent suggestion. His terror radius isn't affected until they're in dreamworld so you can still sneak up on survivors. Once they're in the dreamworld you've got them so the larger terror radius doesn't matter.

Spirit may be ok to. A larger terror radius just gives her a larger area with no phasing sound.

All the rest suffer though as it just gives survivors a bigher warning that you're in the area.
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

I generally max deviousness and brutality on Spirit every game, even if I don't end up with a 3-4k.

• akbays35
    Options

@The_Crusader said:
    BBQ and Distressing are the usual perks people take. BBQ is good because you get bonus points and it reveals locations. Distressing gives bonus points BUT the downside is it increases your terror radius.

This is why people take Doc - because he benefits from a larger terror radius due to the madness effect.

Freddy in herr is also a decent suggestion. His terror radius isn't affected until they're in dreamworld so you can still sneak up on survivors. Once they're in the dreamworld you've got them so the larger terror radius doesn't matter.

Spirit may be ok to. A larger terror radius just gives her a larger area with no phasing sound.

All the rest suffer though as it just gives survivors a bigher warning that you're in the area.

That's usually why I take it on Myers, survivors usually freak out when you hit tier 3 and either hide or run. I run the same thing on Doc and it feel less effective both playstyle and bp and it just feels like more ability usage with less of a trade off. Might grind points into spirit, I like playing her but she is so add-on reliant like Doc.