Hatch Easy Solution

Make it take 6 seconds to open , standoffs wont exist, and if the killer camps the hatch, you can do gens, don't get why this would be a bad solution or why this hasn't been thought of yet. Please post counter points.

Comments

• DCilantro
    DCilantro Member Posts: 4

Oh and to add, When the hatch opens is when the hatch should appear, the hatch shouldnt exist until you are able to use it. The animation would be the survivor unlatching it, and shoving it up like a chest, then jumping in. Stopping the animation resets progress.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

Not a bad idea , but not 6 seconds.If anything then it should be around 1 second longer than the hit cooldown so that you could still grab if they start opening it afterwards.

But the problem with that idea is - how will a downed survivor open it? Will they be able to do it while downed?
    And don't say "a downed survivor doesn't deserve hatch" ok? If a killer loses a slug then he doesn't deserve the kill.

• SiftHeadsDude
    SiftHeadsDude Member Posts: 34
    Interesting idea. Although I feel hatch standoffs can be frustrating, the debate of whether survivors deserve the hatch or not will certainly come back up if it’s changed. I like your concept, but some people will feel it’s unfair to the survivor. And doing gens as the last alive can be even slower and riskier, so it might create a different type of standoff. 
  • TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164
    edited November 2018

I posted this idea in another thread. It's not necessarily the right answer or anything, but I feel like it's a better balance of being fair to both killer and survivor.

A reasonable option might be that, one second after the killer hits the survivor, the hatch is blocked off by the entity for five (or whatever number seems fair) seconds. A survivor who gets hit by the killer mid-jump still escapes, but a survivor can't bait a hit to abuse the killer's post-hit animation and get a free escape. Hatch grabs would still work as normal.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    BigBubs said:

Not a bad idea , but not 6 seconds.If anything then it should be around 1 second longer than the hit cooldown so that you could still grab if they start opening it afterwards.

But the problem with that idea is - how will a downed survivor open it? Will they be able to do it while downed?
    And don't say "a downed survivor doesn't deserve hatch" ok? If a killer loses a slug then he doesn't deserve the kill.

If the survivor gets slugged, he doesn't deserve the escape. Same logic. 
  • apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245

Doesn't retain original hatch mechanics because if the doctor gets a survivor to madness level 3 they wouldn't be able to interact with the hatch and as things are now, survs can enter the hatch with an RBT on their head. I suppose they could add an exception to allow for it to be interacted with, regardless of any status effects, but that could just mean bugs.

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

I like the opening the Hatch like a Loot Box idea.
    AND how its spawns when it's available. It's basically a race to the hatch once someone dies, especially for someone like myself, they're running around with a timer on their head and they can still escape.

As for a survivor, I wouldn't mind the killer NOT KNOWING where the hatch is, gives me more pleasure in playing even more stealthier than I already do.

• venom12784
    venom12784 Member Posts: 666
    This would heavily favor the killers. You can do gens as it is now and the killers has to make a choice to camp the hatch or go after you. Making the hatch appear only when you can use it as well will make it harder to find thus harder to use and defend. If you wanted to do something where if only one survior is left and the others escaped and the hatch closes then had to be opened in the way you are talking about that would be interesting
  • ReneAensland

@venom12784 said:
    This would heavily favor the killers. You can do gens as it is now and the killers has to make a choice to camp the hatch or go after you. Making the hatch appear only when you can use it as well will make it harder to find thus harder to use and defend. If you wanted to do something where if only one survior is left and the others escaped and the hatch closes then had to be opened in the way you are talking about that would be interesting

Excuse me, but most of the time the survivors already know where it is.

• venom12784

@venom12784 said:

Yes but what is being  saying that the hatch shouldn't spawn until you can use it. What I get from that is that the hatch won't spawn until all 5 gens are done or there is only 1 surviors left.
  • ReneAensland

@venom12784 said:
    ReneAensland said:

@venom12784 said:

Yes but what is being  saying that the hatch shouldn't spawn until you can use it. What I get from that is that the hatch won't spawn until all 5 gens are done or there is only 1 surviors left.

I see what you mean...
    There can be 1 generator left, 2 survivors, 1 Black Lock key.

Where will the hatch spawn?
    I see.

• venom12784
    I just had a thought of a way that may work with your idea spawn 2 hatches. To make it fair for the killers they can see the hatches like they can see the exit gates. The hatches still spawn normally but have to be opened.