Demo still sucks

I don't know what it is about him. I can work with any other killers power. I can 4K with Trapper at least 60% of the time in reds, but no matter what, I can't ever do shot with this killer. Maybe I'm not perk synergiesing, maybe it's something about his undetectable being uselessly stupid because you can hear his footsteps 30 feet away, idk. I know someone likes him and gets results, but he's hardly ever mentioned amongst worst killers, and I just don't get why?

Comments

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Do you use his Shred to zone and deal with long loops and sight lines? You need to use his Shred often because it’s a valuable part of his kit and helps a lot with chases. Play a few matches with no add ons, not expecting to win, and practice his Shred in every single chase until you have it down, and you’ll start to have a lot more success with him.

• PeaceNGrease
    PeaceNGrease Member Posts: 673

The thing about Trapper is there isn't a tell for everything's ng he does, where as for Demo, everyone knows what you're doing and your give your location away at a constant. I think against the best survivors, he gives way too much information to be considered good. I fully conceed trapper is worse overall, if only because RNG influences his use, but on a practical scale, Demo is like a worse twins to me. That's just my opinion on him tho.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017
    edited May 2021

Demo was never a bad killer, actually.

• PeaceNGrease

Solid advice, I'm actually trying that. He's definitely the only killer I don't play ever, he, like new freddy, just doesn't interest me completely tbh, but I was hopeful maybe that can change due to his changes. I'm starting to see that with him, it's a good habit to always keep your lunge active and go for lunges, rather than playing like other killers I'm the past where you would want to be careful about where to decide to "feather" your charge at in order to not lose ground.

Zoning is something I do a lot with Deathslinger, but I guess my instinct was not to rely on that as demo since he can't really fly over anything like Victor or actually pose a threat on the other side of a pallet like DS. I see he has a specific habit you have to develop for him in knowing where you want to abuse his pounce.

• PeaceNGrease

Yup, and look at the engagement it's generated. Almost like hyperbole was used for that exact reason, if you think about it.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Demo never sucked for starters. With his buffs, he’s firmly a mid tier killer who is one of the most balanced in the game at the moment. I’d say Ghostface and Doctor are two other examples of killers that give both sides a fair shot.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Nah, he's pretty good. Shred is free zoning.

• PeaceNGrease

He's doctor good? Are we saying that? Doctor denies loops and has in-built delayechanics, not to mention revers skill checks. Demo is just a 1v1 killer without range. I'm trying to be positive, but the more I play this killer, the more I'm starting to think he's like Hillbilly.

"Oh, he's fine, there's nothing wrong with this killer. The nerfs didn't effect him at all. Do I play the killer alot? What a strange question, of course not"

Or maybe he needs his add ons to be good, idk

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Demo can also deny loops and zone survivors outside without doing anything, from fear of his shreds. He also has much better map mobility than doctor with his teleports. They both have their own strengths and weaknesses.

• n0suchluck
    n0suchluck Member Posts: 35

Well he's not a pick up and play type killer. As others have said, practice his shredding. Also he sucks at the beginning of the match because you have to set up his tunnels. I put his tunnels on top of gens because his undetectable IS useless. Once you you have his tunnels down you can pretty much lock down parts of the map. Just some tips. As far as perks, I think Im running PGtW/Surge/Discordance/BBQ&chili. I swap bbq with sloppy butcher from time to time. I'm no expert but I do pretty well with him

• PeaceNGrease

Appreciate the tips cheif, this killer has been so neglected by me I don't even think I have all those perks on him. It's entirely possible a new perk set up could change my outlook. I just can't see it yet.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017

Yep. In fact, I think it's safe to say Demo is now stronger than Freddy.