12 hooks or just 4k is satisfying for you killer players?

Options
Trickstaaaaa
Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,256

What do you people who are killer only or once In a while killer players get more satisfaction from. Do you guys have a goal of 4k for each match, or trying to get max hooks. What makes you happy. Me personally I get satisfaction from getting as much hooks and mind-gaming, that is what makes me feel satisfaction from this game. Even if I get 1 or 2 downs in the whole game .

Comments

• Trickstaaaaa
    Options

I messed up I meant max hooks such as 8 or 9, as 12 means 4k.

• Sowbug
    Sowbug Member Posts: 139
    edited May 2021
    Options

12 hooks are satisfying, don't care too much about 4ks. I'll let someone get the hatch if they can find it before I do, unless I am doing a challenge.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,687
    Options

My happy ending in a match is to get 2 hooks on every survivor, and then down them and leave them enough times for them to figure out something's up so that they eventually start memeing/approach me/stop caring when I show up at their generator. That's where I'm having the most fun.

I'll switch to killing them if they BM me. Though it's also satisfying to finally down that person who's been looping you for a hot minute throughout the match. Successful mindgames really do feel good.

• KiolL
    KiolL Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2021
    Options

For killers mains 4k = balanced game. cause "killers are the power role"

10000 IQ

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634
    Options

3 kills, doesn't matter how many hooks. Personally

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

No hooks, they can bleed out from bad teamwork and leave when gens are done

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

I prefer hooks. I just like to chase people around and mess with them and unless I'm going for an adept it doesn't matter to me whether you escape or not. I got the achievements a long time ago.

I do tend to "overlook" easy kills if people are being teammates (ie, I chase the obvious bait to give the weaker link a breather) but if you don't do the gens then up ya go.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    Options

6+ is fine. I don't want to tunnel people out of the game, but I'm also not going to sweat it if I don't give every Survivor every hook phase. I just try to be reasonable about picking my targets when the option is there.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Options

I mean those games are not really fun for any side. Because on one side killer wait, on the other side survivors have to wait as well. I see no fun in that style of gameplay.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

@Trickstaaaaa

I'm not talking about a 4man slug and I don't camp the ones that are down. They bleed out cause bad teammates or they failed to hide and escape chases to many times.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,146
    Options

Hooks is more fun and interesting. Additionally i don't like eliminating anyone before 6 hooks.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

I think the question is kind of loaded to be honest. A satisfying game to me, at least, is hard fought. It doesn't matter if I win or lose, as long as the outcome was in contention and all parties were all in. I play for love of the game. Now if you are actually asking me what I consider a win, and what kind of metrics I like, I would say:

1. A win for me is 3+ Kills.
    2. I like to maximize both Blood Points and Emblem advancement.
    3. A perfect game is 32,000 and I hit that now and then. *You have to stretch games to get it though.

Satisfaction and maximum metrics aren't necessarily the same thing.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

4k most of the time, if I was against babies it is not satisfying.

12 hooks followed by 2-3 hooks is satisfying because I did very well against a good team as killer.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Options

So if you don't get 4k how do you feel?

Lets say you get 1 or 2k?

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

It depends, if the team is just a bunch of douches who bring a strode key with all sorts of meta perks it can feel very cheeky if they escape.

If I get a 2k, I usually chalk it up to me making mistakes, same for 1k's. Although every once in a while, it is because I am put against a spec ops squad. I usually feel slightly disappointed, but just move on to the next game.

• Moundshroud
    edited May 2021
    Options

You asked him, not me... but I'm going to give my answer to this too:

1. 3-4K = Win
    2. 2K = Tie
    3. 0-1K = Loss

If the game was good, hard fought and challenging, why would I feel anything other than amped up by a good match?

• Trickstaaaaa
    Options

Because I seen some people only get satisfaction from only getting a 4k each match. I think it's unrealistic. But I asked him since I believe he is a killer only player.

• Moundshroud
    Options

I don't know if he only plays Killer or not, but I see he answered you already. Everyone wants to win, and there is always going to be a bit disappointed in myself if I don't play perfect. That is a natural reaction from competitive types. I'm never upset with the other Players though. We all know the rules of the game when we step into the arena. But as I said before, if it was a GOOD game, in contention and hard fought, that is what matters. It is the journey, not the destination. Besides, there is no shame in losing to a good opponent.

• Gay_Police_Dept
    Gay_Police_Dept Member Posts: 743
    Options

DCs are what i am after, either if i'm playing as killer or survivor.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

A mori or bleedout is never satisfying (unless the person in question was a sh*tlord, in which case...glorious!. I would prefer a large amount of hooks without it feeling like i have to cheese the entire match, but sometimes it's the only way. Very much why i have a preference for survivor.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 976
    Options

I think that the question that you should be making is: What do you prefer? 8 hooks but no kills but 4 kills with every survivor dying on the first hook. Of course getting 12 hooks 4 kills is the most satisfying, but of those two options that I mention, I would always go for the 4 kills, even though I know it's not the healthiest thing. I bought the game to kill survivors, not to farm them.

• bobateo
    bobateo Member Posts: 368
    Options

Don't personally care. As long as I get better, that's all that matters to me.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245
    Options

If I get at least 25k and safety pip - I have no issues. Whether that is a 1k or a 4k - doesn't matter to me.

Rank is meaningless - I have been a red rank killer for almost 4 years so all I care about is bloodpoints.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

What's satisfying for me is a well played game where I don't have to play dirty to win. 2k-4k feels fine so long as I get fun chases, get to use my perks and abilities and don't have to be a scumlord.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,447
    Options

I don't even need a 4K. they're a bonus for me. If I can get 2 or 3 kills a game with good run I'm happy. I've even got Entity displeased doing that so sometimes it feels like I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.

sometimes I can't even do that with how some survivors play the game.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

If I get 4 hooks 4k it's a miserable victory. It most of the time means someone just give up and ruined the game for his team.

It can be fun when you hook one guy, then chase someone nearby and hook him before they regroup to save first guy and get third guy without letting him save someone. You get 4 hook 4k because survivors ######### up and it feels good. But if you win only because they don't resist it's not fun.

12 hooks 4k is always satisfying. It means you create enough pressure to distract survivors from gens to hooks. So more hooks is always better.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

1k lost, 2k = tied, 3k win, 4k win.

If I get all my bbq stacks then I'm good with whatever.

• DbD_Enjoyer
    DbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 459
    Options

I get satisfied when i 4K, all survivors depip and drop salt on the chat or on my profile.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,101
    Options

4 stacks of bbq and as close as possible to 32k bp. It gets either annoying when there is atleast on god (better than me) looper and I can't even get all 4 stacks or when survivor catch on that I avoid killing them to give them more time to play (slugging instead of death hooking a survivor that has been hooked twice) and take their sweet time to get generators going. Then they get their third hook.

0-4k? Don't really care but leave the gates once they are open instead of waiting the full egc to get an audience.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

definitely 4k. Who cares about amount of hooks when survivor is escaping and teabagging you on hatch or gates

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 766
    Options

When I go into a match, I try to win the match. A win for me is 3k or more. A tie is 2k and a loss is 1k or less. I don't care for going for max hooks.

Matches that are too easy are somewhat boring.

Matches where survivors barely outplay me but gens just fly are frustrating, even if I get them all during the endgame, it's just frustrating that it got to that in the first place.

Matches that are hard but where I get the chance to outplay survivors are fun. If I lose it's somewhat frustrating in a good way. If I win it's immensely satisfying. I especially like matches where both sides are at a point where one crucial mistake will get them to lose the match.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

the thing is that it doesnt matter. I start out to play a thrilling game (thus spreadding hooks and maximising it) but then you get a red rank swf who start bullying you yet again. To me, teabagging is morse code for " please camp and tunnel me and my team, thank you", and thus what i do if they start teabagging. They want to be rude, i make the game as unpleaseant as i can.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

It all depends. I play a ton of The Pig, which means I inevitably end up with meme matches of survivors Booping the Snoot, which gets any number of people free escapes, farming matches, mercy hatches/doors, etc. I've lost who knows how many pips doing that, but rank isn't everything -- I've made it to Rank 1, so it's more about having fun in a match.

That fun depends on the survivors I'm up against. I've had 2K matches against great survivor groups where just accomplishing that was a victory in my eyes. I've gotten a 3K or a 4K even where, I've played so sloppily, I almost have felt like the match was a loss. A perfectly satisfying match for me is when I can get a 12 hook, 4K game with as close to a perfect score as possible, and where the match comes down to closing it out at the end of a drawn out struggle. I've had some insane comebacks that were incredibly satisfying too. The more toxic the survivors are, the less I care about the number of hooks and more about the number of dead, but for the most part, like someone else pretty much said, if I feel I played well and am improving somehow, that -- along with having fun -- is what makes things satisfying first and foremost.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    edited May 2021
    Options

I prefer a lot of hooks. 5min 4k's are pretty boring most of the time, unless it is a funny compilation of fails that leads to it, like a massive trapper trap triggers at once or people body blocking vs my STBFL Demo.

But on the other hand, there is nothing more annoying than 4 people escaping after 8 hooks. Kills are nice, having a lot of good chases is better, but a bit of killing as reward is also part of it. In this scenario, I'm mostly just happy when the team really managed to take the aggro well, so the dead-on-hook guys can survive.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

4k, I don't wanna drag out my games to 10 mins+.

Fast games and Fast BP pls

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

3K with all BBQ stacks before the first death is how I try to play. If someone works gen injured straight off the hook, screw the stacks.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

On the rare occasions I play killer, I want kills. Getting a ton of hooks without kills might make me feel like I at least had a shot and ######### up, which takes away some of the bitterness of failure, but it won't make me feel like I've won.

Killer=Killing

Survivor=Surviving

That's how I play.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,394
    Options

I play for kills. I still "respect" ds even if it is not there and tunnel only if i would otherwise lose the game.

I dont play for 12 hooks anymore bc survivor who let this happen are so bad in chase its more like a chore and no fun. If a team is bad i just want it to end quickly or i try stupid things like sniping with huntress, dumb bear traps etc.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
    Options

Legit, if there's a really good survivor, and they aren't being toxic, I'm happy if I can down them. If I accomplish nothing else, I'm still satisfied.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    edited May 2021
    Options

my win conditions

• Getting my snoot booped as Pig and/or getting kills with traps
    • Getting 4 BBQ stacks
    • Downing survivors using only knifes as Trickster
    • Downing survivors with Victor
    • Getting 3+ trapped survivors as Trapper

It's less frustrating that way :)

• TheShocktor
    TheShocktor Member Posts: 134
    Options

It would be nice to get 12 hooks a game but sometimes just not possible. The goal is always 12 hooks for the 4k. I try to protect gens, always go for the ones doing the unhooking, spread the injuries around and try to get as many hooks as I can but if I start losing gens and need kills I'll switch strategies and start focusing on trying to get kills. In that case it just depends on the situation. If it calls for slugging, tunneling, or camping it may have to be done.

• Karkashan
    Karkashan Member Posts: 20
    Options

Actually using my power in a way that got me multiple hooks during a match is probably my main criteria. There have been a few games where I barely throw hatchets as Huntress and somehow wind up dominating and as nice as that was, it didn't feel as satisfying as getting a single survivor to step in my poorly planned Bear Trap.

Now as for the question itself:

My minimum satisfaction outside of the above is getting at least 4 unique hooks for BBQ, but what'd I'd like to get is at least 7 or so to feel like I was applying the pressure and wasn't flat out bullied. A 3K usually means I feel like I had fun if I get that (and a 4k makes me feel epic), but as I've said there've been games where I've gotten that 4k and it felt more like it was because the survivor team was an entire circus than any amount of skill or good play on my end.

• RainbowPatooie
    RainbowPatooie Member Posts: 322
    Options

At least 2 kills will usually satisfy me, but 3 or 4 feels like a win.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,365
    Options

Landing good hatchets and learning, finally stared using my headset to play it's making a difference.

But in terms of performace, any game i break even with im generally happy. But there is alot of things outside my control so it's not all about me.

eg. swf and mm.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

3k is win enough in my book. The fourth k is gravy, and the 12 hook is gravy's gravy. An early DC takes the wind out of my sail, but only really enough to maybe let the last person escape sometimes if I can get enough hooks.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,997
    edited May 2021
    Options

A 4k with few hooks doesn't feel like an accomplishment, it feels like the survivors were bad, rather than I was playing well.

I'd take 2-3k with 8-10 hooks over a 4k with 4-7 hooks.

So long as I get the four stacks of BBQ and 30k or so bloodpoints I'm happy.

• KillerKirby
    KillerKirby Member Posts: 79
    Options

I play exclusively to try to scare people when I see the character spagetti into a wall I have done my job.

• KillerKirby
    KillerKirby Member Posts: 79
    Options

I play exclusively to try to scare people when I see the character spagetti into a wall I have done my job.