The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Getting hit after the pallet drops

Jmang1245
Jmang1245 Member Posts: 31

Can some one please explain this to me. Is this an issue with the new patch or is it due to differences in the ping between Killers and Survivors. I mean, I would definitely get some questionable hits before this update , but now it seems to be happening a lot more frequently. At least its good for killer mains. lmao

Comments

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

I haven't had this happen once since the patch and I have played around 30 survivor matches - so prolly a lag issue.

• brubli
    brubli Member Posts: 214

can't be worse than last patch. I would say it's a ping issue

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

On the killer's side they hit you before you dropped the pallet.

• Jmang1245
    Jmang1245 Member Posts: 31

To be honest I noticed this happening more against The Shape and Ghostface. Whenever I join a game I usually have the lowest ping, so......

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Had a demogorgon game where he would just shred every pallet and get hits that he shouldn't have.

This game can't seem to handle crossplay as it is usually the console killers that get dodgy hits and console survivors that mess up the killer auto aim and other things.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I’ve had this happen a couple of times since the update (most pallet drops have been fine though), and it’s usually when the killer is a bit laggy so it’s probably a latency thing.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

It happened me when i play both roles.

As survivor i said, "#########, how i get that hit".

But when i play as killer it was normal hit for me. I mean i get stunned but before that i hit survivor. So possibly ping issue.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

If you are camping pallets then yep you get hit therough them a lot.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

The best is when you're playing survivor with less than 40 ping and you throw the pallet, the pallet drops completely, then the killer swings, then they get stunned, and then you get hit.

Bonus points if they then turn out to be several continents away. Completely off-topic but the devs haven't mentioned mich about Hit validation recently have they?

• Toblerone007
    Toblerone007 Member Posts: 598

Probably got swept under the carpet. It doesn't work.

Not the first time either.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,085

The killer you're facing might have a deceptively long reach, or you were greedy and should have gone around the loop 1 time less.