Hook skill checks not awarding points

So why does second stage literally award no struggle points now? I'm saying this because it was hard enough to get survival points before this change since there were so few actions that gave it, but now they took away one of the main actions. It would be very easy to give bloodpoints for struggling, just give 5 points every second of struggling which equals 300, like the old version. Or better yet, make the skill checks give points. This wouldn't even be inconsistent since hook skill checks appear at regular intervals, not by chance. And you would probably get more points than before which would really help to fill up that category.

Comments

• deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 795

the old struggle was actually roughly 900 bloodpoints, if you continued to mash all the way through the entity taking you up into the sky (as you are considered still on the hook and still struggling) as opposed to the 650 or so if you stopped as soon as you can no longer be saved.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

I'm glad the points are gone.

Now when I see the last survivor struggle on the hook in the basement, I know they're doing it intentionally to deny me the hatch instead of simply "I want muh struggie pointzz..."

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

BHVR giveth and BHVR taketh. We wanted it easy on struggle. So, we must now suffer otherwise.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

By that logic if someone gets facecamped they can just not struggle at all since they dont get anything for it, so the killer can go facecamp the next person and get a free 4k

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

My logic is sound. The only other suvivor struggling in the basement only serves to buy the killer time to find the last survivor.

Being face-camped still requires struggling to buy survivors time.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,601

That, versus all the times there are still 2/3 survivors left other than the hooked one, are on second hook and are trying to stay in the game? Surely these situations vastly outnumber your situation.

• Shadow_Da_Bagel
    Shadow_Da_Bagel Member Posts: 64

This reminds me of a time when a solo queue teammate kept struggling on hook even though there was a hatch offering for main building and I was in main building right by it. It was a hag and since she had already trapped up main building, I literally had no escape and we both died.

• Jay_Whyask
    Jay_Whyask Member Posts: 566

I doubt this is intentional, I imagine the bp you get for struggling is tied to your button mashing. This might be why you could get bp for struggling when you're dying in the sacrifice cut scene. The game isn't telling you to struggle, but you still can, and you get points for it even if you're the last person alive.

Has anybody tried mashing space bar inbetween the hook skill checks to see if you still get the struggle points?