Does Plague need a nerf ?

Options

I think she does because she is quite strong although she is underrated. I honestly see no point in cleansing if we are going to get sick again and give her the corrupt purge ability. I know her counterplay which is not cleansing till deathhook or end of the game or just overcleansing and when she gets her power we camp pallets to stun her out of it but it seems to me some plagues are just smart to counter it. It would be nice if cleansing would make you immune to vile purge for maybe a min. Idk what do you guys think

Comments

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,064
    Options

I think the survivors shouldn't start coughing until fully infected. Symptoms of sickness shouldn't be that apparent that soon.

Imagine if just one blast from The Doctor had survivors screaming each second until they finally reached Tier 3 Madness and Snapped Out of It...

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

She’s fine. Her add ons could use some work though especially black incense and rubbing oil

• deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 752
    Options

not comparable. the doctor can blast his entire terror radius every 60 seconds. plague has to either find people, or survivors have to willingly infect themselves on a contaminated object. in either case, she earned that coughing, and if you don't want to cough any more then cleanse.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,055
    Options

No, a Killer who is mid-tier at absolute best does not need a nerf.

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Absolutely not.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    Options

I actually feel that Plague is one of the more solidly balanced killers, the only thing I don't like about her is that her barf can down you in two hits as if they were fifty foot-long strikes. I'm probably wrong but I don't remember her being able to just straight up slug you with her vomit.

Beyond that I like her, aside from the 10,006 times I've been up against her today for some reason.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Options

I'm a little stumped at what you're trying to prove.

Let me get this right... So the killer is underrated and strong and she basically gets free injuries (just like Legion can right, so does this mean Legion should be nerfed?) but you also know all the counters of that killer but because the players playing as the killer are playing smart then that makes her OP?

So a killer should be nerfed because a player has basically put a ton of time into that killer mastering them?

A lot of people gotta stop coming to the forums to rant and complain about X or Y killer just because they had a bad game against them.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    Options

I really like Plague's power because the counterplay is very determinant. Both the Plague and the survivors need to decide whether infecting/cleansing is the right move at all stages of the game. (Yes, there are wrong times to infect players - not just times where you'd be wasting time vomming on them, but times it can backfire and undo your pressure.) Sometimes you truly screw yourself over by not cleansing, if the Plague you're playing is very comfortable mindgaming you you and you shouldn't be more afraid of Corrupt Purge than you should be of her M1. Sometimes you really need to commit to not cleansing because she can be looped, but she wreaked hell with her first fountain and it seems like she'll snipe you all down if you give her another. And of course, the right course of action depends on what your teammates are doing, too, because you need to cleanse if she has fountains and she knows how to aim them. Once a few fountains have been corrupted, the best thing you can do is cleanse so much it resets them (but not in a way that gives her time to respond and start drinking them up.)

Not fond of the idea of temporary immunity. I can't count the number of times somebody kept cleansing while I was right there and moving towards them - I should be able to punish that. Or survivors cleansing and then immediately getting sick again through unhooks/gens. It's your own fault for mismanaging sickness and cleansing when you were obviously not going to stay that way. When you cleanse, you do it with a purpose - either you're trying to buy a health state that will be useful to you, as in you'll end up in a chase before it runs out, or you're trying to reset her fountains.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    Options

No, she needs a quality of life rebalance though. She manages to be unfun for both killers and survivors.

• jakesotto
    jakesotto Member Posts: 201
    Options

Plague is lacking severe quality of life features in my honest opinion... she has a lot of bugs and her range/projectile speed is incredibly short and slow to that of the other ranged killers

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

All she needs are a few buffs like making the whispers during corrupt purge less loud

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

Map Pressure issues plague her.

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074
    Options
  • MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

No. She's fine.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

Plague has great potential for people who can play her at a high level, but she's got QOL issues that make her problematic to play. Her vomit can be erratic -- I've hit people and seen their characters recoil but not gotten credit for it, the vomit travels SO slowly (it feels like, at least), and it's hard to land consistently at times. The noise in your ears when you get your Corrupt Purge overwhelms the other sounds in the game, making her tracking more difficult. Really good survivors just won't cleanse, or they'll cleanse in places so far away from where you need to be that your power is severly limited.

That said, if played well, she can be very deadly. She might not need a buff, but a nerf? Absolutely not.

• Drixpy_Jayyy
    Drixpy_Jayyy Member Posts: 181
    Options

@madradfox I know its mothers day but uhh but you just made me lose brain cells ...

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,334
    Options

She's weak, needs buffs.

• Drixpy_Jayyy
    Options

@OGlilSPOOK20 What you just said did not add up with my opinion Im "stumped" with what your trying to prove. Where did I say killers need a nerf because they can get a free injure or Plague needs a nerf because people have been mastering them maybe if you open your eyes and reread what Im saying maybe you will understand. I'm not even complaining about how bad my games are in the first place nor do I ever see a point in that its just certain things that I see may be too strong/weak on either side. If you think I'm a survivor main.. wrong I play both roles. My title is not a statement ( for clarity of what I mean by that " Plague needs a nerf" ) its a question ( Does plague need a nerf ?) that I asked followed by my opinion and wanted to know you all thoughts.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Options

Well I read what you said 5 times... I stand by what I say.

You pretty much got your answer from everyone here.

It was a no brainer... Actual dumb question to be asked since she's a solid B tier killer. (My apologies for saying dumb)

At this point in Dbd I just want people to understand that no killer needs or deserve a nerf but only killers that aren't getting attention like Pig or Legion that actually need buffs.

• Drixpy_Jayyy
    edited May 2021
    Options

@OGlilSPOOK20 Now I do agree with you on the last statement I have barely seen those two as well as hag, trapper, and etc

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377
    Options

The Black Incense and Emetic addons are honestly a bit OP but as a killer overall she's not super strong so it balances out,I think they should look into them if they decide to buff her.