PTB ruins the excitement?

Okuu46
Okuu46 Member Posts: 93
edited November 2018 in General Discussions

I feel like that the PTB kinda ruins the whole excitement of trying to figure out what the new killer or survivor might be? Ever since they started showing off the killer and survivor through PTB first, it's starting to become less and less interesting up to the release.

When they actually start releasing trailers for said killer and survivor, it's not as interesting anymore because we already know the backstory to them, the ability and perks that come along with it.

All i'm saying is; just compared to back then, it was much more exciting trying to figure out what the killer was up until they actually release it; but now the killer and survivor is shown a week before release, making the release disappointing and uninteresting because you already know everything in it.

Comments

• SpitfireOrMichina
    SpitfireOrMichina Member Posts: 209

But for some people (like me), who are too excited to wait for the next chapter, that's a real relief

• HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455
    edited November 2018

Completely disagree.
    Most companies that sell DLC actually ADVERTISE and release DETAILS of their DLC before it's released. Before, we'd MAYBE know a couple of the perks we were getting with the release and see parts of the map but we wouldn't actually know what killer we were getting. Allowing consumers to make informed decisions instead of trying to sell DLC based on hype alone is a more honest business practice in my opinion.

And this is especially important in a competitive online multiplayer game as bugs, exploits, and balance issues are a much bigger issue than in a single player DLC, thus the PTB.

After they released the Hag who self-stunned herself after every teleport, had pitiful TP range, and self-defeating add-ons followed by the Doctor who they promised was going to break the game in an OP fashion but ended up needing half of his addons to become part of his base kit in addition to the shock stun and the removal of the self-slow down every time he switched stances, it became much more hard to get hyped up for those "SURPRISE! Give me $6 to find out what we're giving you!" DLCs.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

I just wish they did a full killer release on a dev stream after the ptb is done. It's easy enough to avoid spoilers if you want.

It's really lame how when the killer goes live it just shows up.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

If your product is good, you allow people to try it beforehand. The product will speak for itself, and those who are undecided will buy it.

• liviu0011
    liviu0011 Member Posts: 9

lol man, if you think like that , then stay away from the beta tab in dbd , and stay away from social media , youtube, twitch during the ptb... :D . Developers need to have data about things before launch of a new thing. better like that than repeating "mistake:freddy" :D

• Aftertaste
    Aftertaste Member Posts: 315

Disagree. It's really cool to wait until PTB will finally lunch up when you exactly now the date. It is just exciting when you enter the game, click "play as killer" button and see the new killer and you can fully check it out!

• Okuu46
    Okuu46 Member Posts: 93

@Aftertaste said:
    Disagree. It's really cool to wait until PTB will finally lunch up when you exactly now the date. It is just exciting when you enter the game, click "play as killer" button and see the new killer and you can fully check it out!

Yes; but as we know PTB is on PC only, so if you don't play on PC that's another story....

• BottledWater
    BottledWater Member Posts: 248

@Okuu46 said:
    I feel like that the PTB kinda ruins the whole excitement of trying to figure out what the new killer or survivor might be? Ever since they started showing off the killer and survivor through PTB first, it's starting to become less and less interesting up to the release.

When they actually start releasing trailers for said killer and survivor, it's not as interesting anymore because we already know the backstory to them, the ability and perks that come along with it.

All i'm saying is; just compared to back then, it was much more exciting trying to figure out what the killer was up until they actually release it; but now the killer and survivor is shown a week before release, making the release disappointing and uninteresting because you already know everything in it.

Isn't is basically a slightly earlier normal release with (in my opinion) more benefits like better stability on patch day

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

That's understandable, but on the other hand it's a service to the community, that can give feedback before buying anything.
    If you have a problem with the PTB you can still avoid at all costs anything that could talk about it.