What non-meta build have you been using lately to great success?

Options
DWolfAlpha
DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

For killer, I main Legion (I know), and most people will tell you that the most effective tactic available for playing Legion is a slow down build. Usually consisting of the green duration add-on (Something Sketchbook, I always forget the name), either Legion Pin or Defaced Smiley Pin, with Ruin, Dying Light, and Thanatophobia for the perks, with whatever you want for the forth. I usually swap ruin for Devour, and either BBQ, Pop, or Undying for the fourth.

Lately, however, I've been having a blast with a slug build. For Legion. Still the Sketchbook, with Defaced Smiley Pin. If i catch a bunch at a time, everyone having Mangled really helps. Third Seal, Undying, Knockout, and Nurse's Calling. Then, any indoor map. I know Deerstalker is usually the go to, but I find that being able to see survivors healing anyone on the ground is equally as useful, if not more so.

Any builds that y'all like that work surprisingly well without being "meta?"

Comments

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options

Wraith and trapper undying devour make your choice and some slowdown surge ( lol got called a camper with this build)

• LordVoidron
    LordVoidron Member Posts: 145
    Options

Tenacity, Unbreakable, Flip Flop, Power struggle. Free escape if your slugged, pain if you aren't.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,808
    Options

I've been having a blast with

DC

It's funny when the killer whiffs.

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306
    edited May 2021
    Options

Surveillance, M&A, Stridor, Deathbound.

No hiding, thank you very much.

• Wiitab360
    Wiitab360 Member Posts: 105
    Options

On Huntress:

Iron Maiden, Iron Grasp, Hex: Ruin, Deerstalker

I have no idea how or why it works.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    Options

BP farming build. I need a lot of BP as I'm P3 all my characters.

BT, Kindred, WMI, WGLF.

Also, I was a healer for years in another game, I like having an altruistic build. It's not my main build, but I do love it when I play it.

• DWolfAlpha
    Options
  • Wiggles_Diggles
    Wiggles_Diggles Member Posts: 178
    Options

Blight- Spirit Fury, Enduring, Devour Hope, and Undying, with double speed addons and play hyper aggressively and go head first into every pallet.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

That build works because you're preying on solo players. Go against an average SWF team and you're screwed.

Personally, I like my aggressive Legion build. Dying Light, Thana, Enduring, Infectious Fright, and the mangled add-on. Works the same agasint solo's as SWF.

• DecisiveDwight
    DecisiveDwight Member Posts: 593
    Options

Iron will, spinechill, lithe and balanced landing I basically put in the two exhaustion perks to confuse everyone but it's actually worked out well on a lot of maps

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    Options

Decisive Strike, Sprint Burst, IronWi... oh wait. Adept Quentin + Lithe

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 938
    Options

Bond, Open-Handed, Kindred, and Small Game.

I love information, and this build quenches my thirst. I'll always know where everyone and thing is, meaning I'll always be focused and busy - whether it be on objectives, finding totems, or even saving teammates in a chase or from a hook. When doing generators, this build also lets me watch people get chased which reduces the monotony of holding M1.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Gearhead and oppression are a fun combo. If Gearhead worked with great skill checks it would be even better

• DWolfAlpha
    Options

As far as Legion goes, though, Dying Light + Thanatophobia with Mangled Add-on is meta.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

Trickster with Monitor and Abuse, Nurse's Calling, Sloppy Butcher, and Agitation.

For the life of me I could not explain why it works. Half the time Survivors act like I don't have a terror radius and let me get free m1s. The other half the time they make greedy plays in front of me and Agitation wrecks them. I don't know why they do any of it.

• ryseterion
    ryseterion Member Posts: 445
    Options

On survivor i like running appraisal, plunderers instinct, streetwise, and open handed. Especially as elf dwight. Christmas came early everyone!

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Thana maybe, but I've not seen anyone using dying light, on any character, in more than a year.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

I enjoy playing with either no mither, self care, solidarity and second wind. Or balance landing, lithe, dead hard and sprint burst. Ya know for the memes. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 949
    Options

Wraith - MYC / Dragon's Grip / Pop / BBQ - With All-seeing and Boneclapper. Works for me really well.

Doctor - Starstruck / Distressing / Oppression / Surge

• DWolfAlpha
    Options

Meta for Legion is the slow down build. Dying Light + Thanatophobia. Usually Legion Pin instead of Defaced Smiley Pin though. Making survivors broken keeps Thanatophobia up longer. Also usually ruin, too, cuz Legion can utilize ruin quite well. It's generally considered Legion's BEST build, as Deep Wounds wastes time already, and this build just stacks on things that make it take forever for survivors to do anything.

• Soulpaw
    Soulpaw Member Posts: 290
    Options

As a pig main, been playing Hex pig or how I'd like to call, Sidequest Pig.

-Devour

-undying

-ruin

-thrill of the Hunt

Add-ons, tampered timer, and increase time searching boxes.

It's a scummy build in my opinion but the idea is to bring the game to a crawl with overwhelming the survivors with objectives. Take off your trap or you die, find devour before I get 5 stacks, find undying so you can deal with the other perks, find ruin so you can actually progress the gens while finding the other stuff, and find thrill so you can do everything else faster.

Oh and RNG might screw you with the boxes in a large map soo. Oh since I have thrill and it takes like 20 seconds to destroy hexes, if I'm nearby, I'm gonna interrupt you and you have to do it all over again, same with boxes.

Scummy build again but it's fun to relish in the survivors suffering.

• DWolfAlpha
    Options
  • DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672
    Options

Doctor - Distressing, Coulrophobia, Monitor and Abuse, and Unnerving Presence.