Would you prefer RE8 killers/survivors, or legacy RE killers/survivors in the upcoming chapter?

Sandt21
Sandt21 Member Posts: 761

Personally, I hope they go the silent hill DBD route and give us, survivors, killers, and maps across the franchise. However, I hope none of it is from RE8. Its too recent, and would feel too much like an advertisement for the new game, when this chapter should be a celebration of what made RE...........well, RE.

Comments

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395
    edited May 2021

I wish the whole chapter was based on Re2 but you're probably right about doing it like silent hill

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,369

I'd prefer earlier titles however I wouldn't mind if it was based on RE8, it's certainly a good instalment to the series.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

I love classics. So i wanna get old characters from RE

• daggersnight
    daggersnight Member Posts: 119

Legacy games. I wasn't a big fan of 8. If they did pick a killer from one of the newer games I wouldn't mind Mr. Baker.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

I want a mix of both modern and legacy characters. Someone like Jack or any villain from RE8 as the killer, and Jill/Chris/Leon/Claire as the survivor(s).

This chapter should celebrate Resident Evil as a whole, not just the older or modern games.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

I just want the iconic nemesis

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

Legacy characters but, if we did get some new ones I wouldn't mind but, again, would prefer to see the OG's be implemented.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

I want something from every popular re game.

• fr0sty1223
    fr0sty1223 Member Posts: 307

I just want wesker in there somewhere. Idc if it’s an outfit, killer, or whatever else but I just want to seem in dbd

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716

Well find out in 17 days I think

• Frontdoor6
    Frontdoor6 Member Posts: 609
    edited May 2021

If Legacy means classic like RE2 or 3, then yeah, i want Legacy

I too think RE8 is too recent to be used in the new chapter, they'd bring in a higher crowd of the characters were more iconic, like Nemesis.

• theplaggg
    theplaggg Member Posts: 267

I'd love to see Chris and Lady didgeridoo in the game. A new map would be appreciated as well but rather a location based on the older games than RE8.

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483

I'm a little biased toward newer stuff since 7 was the first RE game I've played so I'd be very happy with something newer, but it'd make more sense for something older to be what makes it in. Either way I'm just happy to have Resident Evil in the fog!

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

Rather have RE:2 Leon & Claire for the survivors and Dr Birkin as the killer.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

I don't care about RE, so I would always rather have a vampire lady as opposed to anything else. But I'm expecting it to be legacy characters.

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404

not a fan of RE, except RE7! so I wouldn’t mind newer characters.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

I'd take classics any day.

Not to mention we do not even know what Ethan looks like.

Really enjoyed village but i feel the story has just got to the point of over the top and no longer feels like a resident evil game.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

Definitely classic characters, it would be a missed opportunity otherwise

RE 8 is an amazing game and Ive loved it, but i would hate it to be the inspiration for the chapter.

Im hoping its going to be completely based off of RE2 remake, Claire Leon and Mr X Tyrant.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

Look I love RE 8, its an amazing game and Lady Dimitrescu is a great character.

But she is not classic, she isn't even important really she's in it for an hour and then its her boss fight, also she is literally too tall for the maps.

RE 8 will not age as well as the other games, there will be a lot of talk about it for a while then it will fade, but the classic RE games will remain classic.

Therefore i expect a chapter based off of RE 2 remake, Claire, Leon and Mr X. Maybe legendary skins for Jill, Chris and Nemesis.

The devs will miss a huge opportunity if they base the chapter off of Village.

• Dicklaycia
    Dicklaycia Member Posts: 147

I think they’ll probably end up going the Silent Hill route on this, where they took characters and the map from a variety of games rather than just one.

• LaUry
    LaUry Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2021

daddy from 7 would be nice :) or those molded things.. or Eve (Eve is more than from the girl from F.E.A.R tho)? or even multiple killers?

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604

Killer - RE1: Tyrant

Map - RE2/3: RPD Building

Survivors - RE Code Veronica: Claire Redfield, Steve Burnside

• Progamer888
    Progamer888 Member Posts: 230
  • ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

Personally, I'd like to see some old school Resident Evil. However, as long as the power isn't stupidly bad like the last 2 killers and I'm satisfied with the new perks... I really don't care which characters from Resident Evil come in.