Myers worst killer?

I've mained my boy Myers for like 2 years now for his perk and addon builds alone. But apparently people are saying he's the worst killer in the game now? Even base kit I can do pretty well with him, am I just experienced with him or is he just worse than I think? Just wanted to ask cause I'm not sure myself, either way I'm never putting down the stalky boy :)

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Maybe not the worst but he’s in the top 5 imo. He can work as a stealth killer who can insta down after stalking but he just feels outdated and clunky to play.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Worst killer does not necessarily mean bad killer. Against avarage players you can do well with every killer. Myers in preticular is very decent against avarage players because of his snowball potential but once you get players that know how to delay his stalk it can take a really long time to get out of tier 1.

I don't play Myers often so i can't really comment on it but i do know that if a tier 1 myers follows a top survivor to shack to try and get stalk, he will cry. a lot

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited May 2021

He's not the worst, but he's pretty damn close. Every other m1 killer does something better than him, and most do multiple things better - Legion starts of quick and snowballs/stalls the game brilliantly. And they have a smaller model. And massive info gathering. Pig has built in slowdown and better stealth potential. Clown has a much better chase. Wraith has mobility and stealth. Ghostface has stealth and a much better early game, and also better instadowns. Freddy can teleport and place snares and is easy.

Myers just starts off really slow and doesn't have much of a power. Oh no, instadowns and a small TR, whatever will I - oh, there's pallets and windows. Guess I'll use them. What's that? The pallets are all gone? Then the game is ######### over, let's just leave.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited May 2021

I wouldn't say he is the worst but he does suffer a lot on certain maps. He is among one of the weakest though

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570

Myers is top 3 worst killer, got slowest start at begging of the game, he needs to work to be regular killee of 115ms, with good survivors, he aint leaving tier 1 till 3 gens pop, when he finally get to tier 2, here we go again, gotta work to get to tier 3, limited time, with pre droping pallets can gets stalled out of his power... then go back to tier 2 and he needs to stalk again, way to slow, a lot of counters, worst start in the game, not so special power, he need either huge buff or rework..

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

He's not good he's terribly outdated and his power and add-ons show this. but I wouldn't say he is the worst. I would say Trapper or Legion instead.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

He's not the worst killer, because he can snowball well with EW3.

It's just why use Myers when Oni is similar and has a much better limited power due to the mobility attached to it.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

I wouldn't say worst. However he is map dependent. If you've got plenty of line of sight blockers for you to use to creep up on Survivors with Undetectable/small TR you can get some real work done. If you're on something like Rotten Fields, you're going to have a bad time.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Not that he's the worse, legion is, but Myers is right above him due to him being just outdated

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Myers is pretty weak, but I wouldn't say he's the worst killer in the game. That honor goes to Trapper in my opinion.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Na legion trapper can shut down loops legion eats a ds for using their power

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897
    edited May 2021

Myers is not even a contender for worst killer. Coincidentally Scott Jund was baffled by some people saying he was and put out a comprehensive video yesterday explaining why Mikey is not even in the bottom five;

• narf
    narf Member Posts: 68

Disagree, Trapper can use his power to get a hit. Myers can not do that. In my opinion that makes him the worst along with Wraith and only slightly better than Legion.

• kickasskiel
    kickasskiel Member Posts: 89

Sorry but Michael is no where near bottom tier, I have pulled of some incredible **** with him. I wouldnt even say his add ons are broke. But each to there own.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,501
    edited May 2021

To be fair myers is both map dependent and addon dependant. The classic tap 99 into instadown won't work on a area like autohaven since theyll see myers coming from a mile away. He still has the weakest of the instadown powers (as agreed kinda by scott). Still unnecessarily starts at 105%.Still has a finite amount of times he can even use his power at all. Myers has been powercrept to hell as the games got way better options for what hes good at. I agree with the consensus now hes not the WORST. But hes pretty fricken bad rn.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    edited May 2021

I disagree. You can do perfectly fine with Mikey using yellow and brown add ons or even no add ons at all. I have many times. Scott Jund said he went in and played with nothing but brown and yellow add ons and he had no problems. He was also perplexed at this claim that tier 1 is such a huge hindrance. Its easy as pie to get out of tier 1. I think he said every match he played it never took him no more than 10 seconds max. As a Mikey main I agree with him. Unless you are facing the most immersed survivors ever, its easy to get out of tier 1.

Of course Mikey has his bad maps. Every killer has their bad maps, even Nurse.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Michael has several issues, mainly being the amount of time it takes for him to reach tier 3, the fact Ghostface, Oni, and more do what he does but better, and he has no sort of map mobility

He is outdated, but not exactly the weakest, solely due to him having the ability to expose survivors, unlike trickster who is just "Whoops, outta knives, all that damage that I did to one survivor is useless now"

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,501
    edited May 2021

Yes but compare him to the likes of oni and ghostface. Oni can have everyone slugged in one use of his power. Has amazing map traversal. Has no limit on his power and Actually starts 115%. Ghostface can make his tr 0 on command. Do the same 99 expose as michael but better since theres no limit to his. Michael after you pop tier 3 and down that survivor every other survivor will try their hardest to make sure you only get that 1 down by prethrowing pallets and vaulting windows. Ghostface eliminates this by just 99ing the one Survivor and downing them so the other survivors have nothing to wait out. Even in stealth and cheeky guaranteed hits id take buffed wraith. Myers has nothing he himself only is good at. Ya pick him because hes michael ######### myers. HE IS POWERCREPT. By every sense of the word.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    edited May 2021

We're not comparing him to Oni because again I am quoting Scott from the video here but nobody is saying he is as good as the Oni. The entire point is he is not the worst, or even one of the worst. Saying Oni can snowball better is not up for dispute. Nobody claimed Mikey could do it better than Oni. You're making arguments nobody even said.

Ghostface is a glitchy mess of a killer. People are constantly complaining his reveal mechanic rarely works, and based on personal experience that is the truth. A lot of the downs Ghostface gets is because people could not reveal him when they should have been able to. If it worked as intended he'd be struggling a lot more. But thanks to an inconsistent reveal mechanic he gets more kills than he is entitled to.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

With add-on's, yes, Trapper is better than Legion.

Without them though, Trapper is easily the worst killer in the game. His power takes so much time to set up, and when you finally finish walking around the map setting up all of your traps, the payoff isn't even that great; since survivors can spot your traps easily without Tar Bottle, and you've wasted a ######### ton of time.

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788

While I agree with some of Scott's views on this especially how easy it is to get out of tier 1, he is still one of the weakest killers imo.

Stealth Killers are already on the weaker side due to how easy it is to spot them as survivor. Scott mentions how you can sneak up on a lot of survivors with Mike but this simply isn't true for survivors with any decent amount if hours in the game. Plus you have Spine Chill users who bolt the first time it lights up.

His one shot isnt even that good unless you use the infinite tier 3 addon, you're likely to only get one down per use if the surviors remain split up as they should.

Overall yeah, he's not the worst killer (trickster is, I don't care what Scott says about legion) but he's certainly not above the bottom of mid tier.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Thanks for posting this video, it made me rethink some of my opinions about Daddy Myers. 🤔

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737

No that honour goes to the Trickster, surely?

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    edited May 2021

Trapper is worst because time to set up and then survivors can disarm the traps. Myers is pretty bad but he can get survivors exposed and have low TR.

Of course if survivors are not good enough then Trapper using basement build can destroy a team. But good survivors should have more problems going against a good Myers vs going against a good Trapper, Trickster, Pig.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

He has one of the best stealths with M&A. He can softcounter low loops by stalking. "Backrev" with 99% EW and has a very good slugging afterwards. Not as good as Oni, but he has basically no terrorradius which is pretty strong.

He could be powercrept - no idea on the latest killers powerlevels - but he was always on the above average powerscale for me. B+