First impression on new killers power

Link
Link Member Posts: 135
edited November 2018 in General Discussions

After my first few matches i find the power to be very fun to play with, I had a lot of moments where i was chaining hits which felt very nice. Competitive wise though he feels a bit weak, He feels like pig 2 where his power just slows down the game and doesn't fully halt survivors like billy, myers, huntress, trapper etc. What about your opinions? again this is my first impression so my opinion is likely to change.
Lets try and keep this in a civil manner please, this is the ptb and the devs would rather constructive criticism and not screaming from the depths of hell

Comments

• Edboy427
    Edboy427 Member Posts: 11

I haven't played many matches with the new killer, but the power was a lot of fun to use, felt very fluid and agile chasing survivors through windows and pallets. (until the duration runs out right before a window lol) with multiple survivors around it felt great going from one to another getting several deep wounds in a short amount of time. but it does feel a bit weak on trying to down them if you constantly use it to keep up with the survivors. obviously if the power used 2 hits to down, it would be too easy to catch them after the first hit. I also haven't got a good look at his addons, i might have to go to kwf and look at them all.

Does his power down survivors if they're exposed? if it does i feel like he could make good use of MYC, and distressing, with the tracking in his power but it's probably something that sounds good on paper, and not in practice.

• makayla
    makayla Member Posts: 287

@Edboy427 said:
    Does his power down survivors if they're exposed? if it does i feel like he could make good use of MYC, and distressing, with the tracking in his power but it's probably something that sounds good on paper, and not in practice.

No, exposed doesn't apply to his power.

• Link
    Link Member Posts: 135

To sum it all up imo this killer has an interesting way of applying pressure but he lacks the ability to down which is obviously an important thing to have.

• iTz_KilLaZ_x
    iTz_KilLaZ_x Member Posts: 300
    Link said:

To sum it all up imo this killer has an interesting way of applying pressure but he lacks the ability to down which is obviously an important thing to have.

I agree. The movement speed along with having a power that just delays, makes the legion rather weak in my opinion 
  • Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Link said:

I agree. The movement speed along with having a power that just delays, makes the legion rather weak in my opinion 
    Hes as fast as hag, who is a m1 killer after her traps go off, but you're upset that he has a slight stun and "cant down"? His power is for pressure, and chasing people out of their safe zones. Every power doesnt have to be a downing mechanic. If you can get 4ks as hag without teleporting fo traps (which isnt hard), I dont see the complaint with this killer, except that hes not super overpowered enough?
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

When he hits you in Frenzy it just drops your bleed our timer right? Tyde said in his video you can't actually down them, but it seems like you could you just have to hit them a few times to drop the bar to 0.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

There's no reason as to why this killer only has 110% ms

• Edboy427
    Edboy427 Member Posts: 11

@Carpemortum said:
    Hes as fast as hag, who is a m1 killer after her traps go off, but you're upset that he has a slight stun and "cant down"? His power is for pressure, and chasing people out of their safe zones. Every power doesnt have to be a downing mechanic. If you can get 4ks as hag without teleporting fo traps (which isnt hard), I dont see the complaint with this killer, except that hes not super overpowered enough?

I'd keep in mind that these are just first impressions, i dont think the killer has been out on the ptb long enough for anyone to say that he is definitely weak, overpowered, addon reliant, or what's a good build for him, it just feels a bit strange that his power helps him catch up in chases, but makes it a bit more difficult to down compared to other powers that help in chases. we also dont know what changes will be made when the chapter is released, but either way, the killer is really enjoyable, and i cant wait for the chapter to release.

• MhhBurgers

I just don't understand why he is 110% ms, his power doesn't help with chases and his map presence is not strong.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited November 2018

@thesuicidefox said:
    When he hits you in Frenzy it just drops your bleed our timer right? Tyde said in his video you can't actually down them, but it seems like you could you just have to hit them a few times to drop the bar to 0.

Every hit drops their timer by ~33%, so after 3 hits (4 counting the first one that started the timer) the survivor gets downed. Iirc there's also an addon to increase the % so with that it would probably require one less hit.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    Link said:

100% agreed as well, it takes 4 hits too down a survivor with the power compared to all other killers 2, even freddy can still two hit you, my first impressions is that she is way too weak and needs a buff, mainly make it too where you still loose deep wound while in a chase, literally make it pointless otherwise.

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    He's power let's him or her (4 killers in one just different cosmetics) to negate pallet loops with a powerful attack that means you have to heal or be downed and noticeable 
  • Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

His power seems like it's once again tiny time waster and not actually meant to be used for chasing. Hopefully he'll be buffed otherwise we won't see much of him when he gets released.

• redsopine01
    Dude time waster they negate pallets wounds them on a timer and if you group them you can down all 4 very fast
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I think it can be a lot more powerful than people are giving it credit for. I'm not sure if you realized this, but his vault (while frenzied) is actually better than the Survivors'. He doesn't just climb over to the other side of a window or pallet; he ends up about a meter away from the vault location.

• redsopine01
    And they can fast vault
  • MhhBurgers

@Orion said:
    I think it can be a lot more powerful than people are giving it credit for. I'm not sure if you realized this, but his vault (while frenzied) is actually better than the Survivors'. He doesn't just climb over to the other side of a window or pallet; he ends up about a meter away from the vault location.

At which poilt you'll hit them but your hit will just take of 30% of their timer. Downing ppl with his power is not viable, his power is good for the first hit but that's it. Honestly if he was 115% he'd be fine.

• redsopine01
    It's still more powerful so then you think hence no matter what your slightly exsausted so double hitting from a pallet let's you down them faster 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@MhhBurgers said:

@Orion said:

At which poilt you'll hit them but your hit will just take of 30% of their timer. Downing ppl with his power is not viable, his power is good for the first hit but that's it. Honestly if he was 115% he'd be fine.

His power is not meant to put people in the dying state directly, but rather to force Survivors to stop whatever they're doing. In that way, the Legion is better than the Pig.

• MhhBurgers

There's no double hitting, once you hit them while they're wounded you lose all of your killer power and get mini-stunned for whatever god forsaken reason they thought this was a good idea.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    No idea because everytime I've tried to use him its been empty lobbies :(
  • iTz_KilLaZ_x
    iTz_KilLaZ_x Member Posts: 300
    Orion said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@Orion said:

His power is not meant to put people in the dying state directly, but rather to force Survivors to stop whatever they're doing. In that way, the Legion is better than the Pig.

Legion is pretty much pig. Mending takes little time to do... it’s not effective 
  • MhhBurgers

@iTz_KilLaZ_x said:
    Orion said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@Orion said:

Legion is pretty much pig. Mending takes little time to do... it’s not effective 

it's more meant to hit multiple survivors with which would be completely fine if his base MS wasn't nerfed.

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    Does deep wound's healing time equate to one health state worth of healing?
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,906

After having watched Monto's video, he discovered that bamboozle has no effect on vaulting pallets, and NOED is useless with the feral frenzy attacks.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

The power is extremely weak.
    The borrowed time buff is completely overpowered.

This patch is completely in the favor of survivors, even if the devs didn't plan for it to be like that.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    mcNuggets said:

The power is extremely weak.
    The borrowed time buff is completely overpowered.

This patch is completely in the favor of survivors, even if the devs didn't plan for it to be like that.

Borrow time does not have a buff. They reduce the timer.