The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

"No connection error" in the game due to Steam downed situations. How long it will happen?

Woodywool
Woodywool Member Posts: 622
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

Since All-Kill chapter (or in some hotfix of this chapter) we started to have a situation when EVERYONE being kicked of the game no matter if it was in the middle of the match.

Before, the game allowed to all players finish the round and you didn't lose points and pips. Idk maybe you get dc penalty too but I always waiting when I got sacrificed or all survivors ran away through exit gates.

We have dedicated servers, before Trickster's chapter we haven't it (the "no connection" problem)...

WHY we have it now?

I don't get the joke, tbh....

Comments

• darryl
    darryl Member Posts: 29

i cannot sign in s well

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I played the whole morning, and was going to be back to it, but I have an error message about connection and host each time I hit the "Ready" button.

Steam is down right now?

• Pilot
    Pilot Member Posts: 1,158
    edited May 2021

I've never been kicked during the match after the All-Kill update, nor the latest hotfix.

I can confirm that I've been kicked in the endgame lobby when I was checking our perks / talking with someone. It would state "that the game needed a working connection" or something of that sorts.

I have seen people on reddit / forum complaining about this issue and that they've been effected during matches as well. Which can give one, a cooldown till they can que again. It happened so much that they've gotten a 24h ban.

I'd suggest checking the technical / bug section of this forum and see if anything helps? Or if the issue has been reported at all?

Edit: As of this edit. I am able to sign in. Not sure if this info helps. 8:51 PM

2nd Edit: Nevermind. I am able to LOG IN, but not que... "Connection with the host could not be established" 8:55 PM

Oh well. Deep Rock Galactic it is till they fix it. I would check Twitch as well, see if other streamers are effected but I'm too lazy.

• Woodywool
    Woodywool Member Posts: 622
    edited May 2021

It based on Steam for 100%.

For example: when we have steam maintenance, the game allowed us to finish the round. Nowadays, it will kick you even if you during in the match.