This rank reset bug is just HORRIBLE

Pukenplag
Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

First, this is not feedback. Not a bug report. I just want to dicuss, in GENERAL DISCUSSION please.

I have played killer and just got absolutely bored for having 4ks every match because everyone is just throwing down all the pallets they see.

So I decided to move on to survivor. This is the third match I DC in a row. Yeah, call me toxic, but I just can't keep playing in these ######### show matches.

First, I get survivors trying to get me off the gen to heal me while I was fully infected and then, when I get hooked, I see that all my team mates are just crouching around (after 2 mins of a chase, I started to get really curious why we still are at 3 gens). I got farmed off hook, but no DC yet. Then I get hooked once more, and I see that our default Dwight just randomly threw down the shack pallet because he saw the killer (hooking me btw) and got scared. I just got fed up and DCed.

Second time, I get 3 rank 19 guys farming me off hook and themselves, after I do 3 gens alone and chase the killer for a good time. At some point, the killer wasn't so close when I got unhooked, the unhooker was injured. He just came back with both of us running, unhooker ahead, but he just waited for him to pass in order to tunnel me. After everything, I just angered so much I DC again.

Third match, it was a Myers. He got to tier 3 and after 4 mins he was still t3. Clearly, he had infinite T3. I got caught, and while hooked, I saw 2 of my team mates self caring in a corner. SELF CARE WHILE MYERS IS INFINITE T3. Then, as he saw I was the only one capable of chasing, he tunneled me. 2 gens left since I got first caught. Everyone crouching around while Myers is nodding on me. Once more, he tunnels me when I get off the hook.

No, I didn't DC, I Alt-F4ed. I never, but NEVER had such a bad experience. I almost never DC, but after I get a match in which my team mates are just doing NOTHING but SELF CARING against an INFINITE TIER 3 MYERS, sorry, I have my own limits.

Comments

• Quake
    Quake Member Posts: 230

My exact feelings with the game lately.I started dc'ing a lot where i never done it.The game has become a shitshow.

If RE chapter is a dissapointment....Tons of $ will fly away.

• Pukenplag

Oh and I forgot to mention. In the Myers game, our Yui had repressed aliance. We were close to doing a gen, but as soon as she saw myers downing someone on the other side of the map, she used the perk. That gen was never finished again.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    edited May 2021

Try not taking the game so seriously that you have to disconnect to show your displeasure. The issue isn't getting better with your toxic action. If better gamers is what you want then maybe try adapting to the situation rather than throwing gas on it.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,404

My problem are not the green ranks. But as rank 9 i get matched with grey ranks. Its a time waste. I commited to a gen with a meg. At 99% (legit half a second left) i got grabbed by the spirit and got carried to the hook. I was fine with it bc it was my first hook but then the meg ran away. Instead of repairing the last second while the killer carried me 10 seconds to a hook, she used the time to run to the other side of the map.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,200

Anything is better than being stuck in red ranks. Honestly it hasn't felt much different. Rank based matchmaking never worked anyway.

• Pukenplag

Sorry, but at this point me DCing isn't even toxic anymore. Everyone has their own limits. These teammates went too much over it. How do I adapt to these situations, when no one is doing gens while I am chased, because they are too afraid of the killer?

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Nothing that 250k BP (5 level ups) code wouldn't solve, amirite?

• Pukenplag

Still no shadowborn on Nurse after 100+ levels past level 50 btw

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Not surprised, when leveling up survivor or killer with 4 specific perks in mind, best you can hope is get 2 of them after 2,5mil points spent

• bunnypup
    bunnypup Member Posts: 23

If you can't handle playing SOLO as Solo survivor, don't do it. There is no excuse for DC'ing. Seriously. If you're stuck in terrible ranks due to rank reset and find it hard to deal with the teammates that accompany, there is no other option but to toughen your skin, get as good as you can get, and/or grind to get out. The red rank solo survivor experience is night and day from brown/yellow...

Here's my actual survivor advice to climb out of bad-teammate-ranks. Since you're say you're stomping as killer, farm BP with killer so you can utilize survivor(s) equipped with high rarity toolboxes + BNP and high charge medkits. Play as gen focused as possible and trust your teammates to be altruistic for you. Your goal will be to:

1. DO NOT GO DOWN FIRST no matter what.
    2. Get 1 gen done as fast as you can before you personally go down.

There are plenty of perk builds that can help you achieve this. Example of a decent all arounder: Dead Hard or Sprint Burst / Spine Chill / Kindred / Whatever Else You Want as the Fourth

You cannot control your teammates. You can control your attitude, and you can control the amount of effort you put into maximizing your own gameplay. If you don't have a SWF group to bail you out of dookie ranks, souring your attitude and mental thickness by DC'ing like a baby will not help you.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

I stopped reading when you said you are 'bored of getting 4ks'.

You know, people like you are the problem in the game. The kind of people who can't take it easy, as if their life depends on it. As if someone would come into your home and kill your loved ones if you don't sweat for the red rank.

Just relax, for crying out loud. Take it easy, try out new builds, try out new killers.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

I dont think you can use repressed alliance while multiple people are working on a gen.

• Pukenplag

I don't have new killers to try out. Builds? Yeah, I would, but I still have too many perks unowned, as I keep getting only trash perks and their upgrades.

Yes, I got bored of 4ks, because they were just undeserved and the result of trash enemies (yes, a tough word, but you can't deny a new player is bad). Opposed to what people would think, I prefer facing bully squads. Killing them feels so good and it is a good challange. Stomping bores me.

I think you missunderstood me. I don't need any help to get out of low ranks, after 1k+ hours gained since 2016 I am capable of getting out. I got here because I got reset like 15 ranks. I don't care if you say there's no excuse for a dc. Dc on the death hook, sorry, no disadvantage to my team. I don't care about ruining the games of 12 people that ruined mine.

• Pukenplag

Yeah, you are right. I left the gen a while before, and after a short time I came back, she was doing it alone, as I was about to get on it she blocks it.

• DecisiveDwight
    DecisiveDwight Member Posts: 593

Wanna trade ranks red ranks are so slow to find a lobby it's not worth it and when you do find a lobby you end up with rank 12s so you feel bad for looping them for 2-5 gens

• bunnypup
    bunnypup Member Posts: 23

What, you JUST provided examples where you DC'd NOT on death hook, and even if you were, just give the killer their points.

If you didn't need ANY help getting out and have that much experience, there's a bigger issue going on with you if you can't manage your anger/salt playing with low ranks/bad teammates or you're just in denial. Also, ever consider your brown/yellow ranked teammates aren't good because they haven't played as long as you? Consider therapy if you keep finding that every poor teammate is out there to personally ruin your gaming experience. If you understand they're NOT personally attacking you, then reconsider your life choices and attitude.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Well considering I'm doing 4odd gens a match long chases and Escaping I'm quite enjoying it. Honestly my team mates are just as bad as rank 2s except now I'm not versing good killers with a bad team.

• Pukenplag

Lol, I love your reply. Yeah, I think anyone can get fed up. I've been gone outside for a bit now, and if I would be to get back, I would do just fine and not get angry. Sorry if I seemed agressive or toxic, I'm not a bad person.