Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

So when are you going to revert the Lucky Break nerf

Artick
Artick Member Posts: 623

What is even the point of buffing something if it's still not going to be used?

When are the designers going to stop being scared by killer backlash and actually give something time to see how it ends up working before gutting it? Why wasn't the same "we wait a few months before doing changes" that's applied for killer powers & perk changes applied here?

Comments

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

probably never

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

The change was really strong on the pbe. For a rare time the dev listen to the pbe feedback that why lucky break got nerf honestly the perk is still good you can escape the killer with it its the kind of perk you dont see the value on it just like iron will.

Just remember it took them 4 year to finally nerf DS to an acceptable power level so maybe in 3 years lucky break will be better or just maybe the meta will chamge with some miracle

• HaunterofShadows

To be fair any maps with LoS blockers specifically indoor ones and all the farm maps this perk will send killers for a massive spin. We experimented and yeah its still pretty good.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

It was a bad perk design to begin with as its impossible to balance.

Too long and it becomes absolutely broken with Iron Will.

Too short and its not even remotely worth a perk slot as 30 seconds will be gone by the time you either are far enough away to lose the killer or get downed.

• HaunterofShadows

well considering how survivors don't work together as much anymore it can feel like that.

• ill_Boston_lli
    ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899

90 seconds was insane. I feel 45 seconds is fair enough imo. The perk should work for every chase and If used well you can get 2 chases out of it. It shouldn't even be a problem with how it is now. I feel like needing any perk as a survivor is silly. I wouldn't use the perk either way because I enjoy the chase and want the killer to focus on me. The purpose of that perk is to lose chase allowing the killer to move on and find someone else or stop a gen when they could have been chasing you wasting time. So in a way i feel like Lucky Break is far more detrimental to the survivors than it is helpful. I would def look into synergizing it with For the people or deliverance or something tho because it could waste a lot of the killers time in those instances.

• HaunterofShadows
  • Kharbarg
    Kharbarg Member Posts: 126

They have to revert the nerf and then they have to revert the buff so lucky break would be as it was before they touched it. Then they could create a new perk to not leave scratch marks (maybe for a limited amount of time, maybe with two or three consumable tokens or what ever). This way if a survivors want to hide groans of pain, traces of blood and scratch marks then they have to use three perk slots. 

• ill_Boston_lli
    ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899

this is fair imo. I agree. Why have one perk do both when it should be a perk for each slot. But these perks arent even my picks imo. As i said in a previous post i want to be chased I dont want the killer to lose me nor do i want to hide from them so these perks make no difference to me.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

If it paused the timer while the user was being healed, we might have a perk worth talking about. The fact it drains while in the process of being healed is ridiculously draining on the timer.

• MingBongo
    MingBongo Member Posts: 32

this happened to a killer perk a long time ago, surveillance on PBE used to start the match off with all the generators being white and highlighting when a survivor worked on it. Obviously it was too strong so they nerfed it but it's still fine.

with lucky break, It's okay as of now, I'd imagine that they may buff it and add 5-10 seconds, but nothing more

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

its still a very strong perk.

after all, paired with iron will all you need to escape a chase is some LoS blockers and the killer pretty much autmatically loses you. and that is a very strong ability to have.

• Hektic3000
    Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674

Lucky Break can't be buffed with more time because it will then invalidate the other options survivors have for removing scratch marks.

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954

Losing 30% of your perk's timer when healing really doesn't feel good. Bumping it up to 60 would probably be a good change imo.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,059

Well, too many people complained about this Perk. Or at least those who complained were too loud.

This is the onyl way how you can change the Meta - buff Perks A LOT so that they can compete with Meta-Perks. BHVR was scared and nerfed it, before it even went live. Now nobody is using the Perk and it is probably worse for those who used it before. Yay.

Honestly, I dont have any hope in Perk Changes anymore. Either they are not enough or if a Perk MIGHT become Meta, they nerf it before it goes live.

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 337

Survivors will do the most to ######### you over forgetting its a game that requires teamwork.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,173

yeah the issue is that if your chase <30 second long than it didn't hurt the killer and you wasted a perk slot for nothing. part of what made it strong is that you could get chased for 75 seconds which is decently long chase, than lose the killer in 15 seconds denying them the hook. I hope they buff it back to 90 seconds. I was looking forward to watching killers get 0 hook games from IW+LB gamers for some good laughs.

its pretty weak perk sadly, the numbers too bad even though the effect is really good.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Instead of increasing its time, just make the counter stop if being healed.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Yes should be buffed to 60 seconds(Although current one is underrated). It's already worthless against Legion or Plague. Pretty underwhelming against killers with an Instant Down. And I see many Bubbas. As well if instant down perks are in play. Can be also weaker against hit and run playstyles. However against Nurse and Spirit played with Iron Will it can be devastating and bring pain. Against the normally strongest killers in the game as we as Blight. But on maps with little Los breakers. You can be dragged in a long chase and the timer wasted.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618

It could be buffed slightly, but not too much. 90 seconds was crazy long for a perk that gives a middle finger to tracking.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

45 seconds is more than enough to make the killer lose the chase, and that is what it should do, what would add 15 more seconds? nothing. because you already escaped and probably healing and there go your 15 seconds.... and 90 was too much because you can make the killer lose you, heal again and find the cahse again and lose the killer again.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Sorry but in what world do people think a perk that gives you a FREE CHASE ESCAPE should work more than once per trial? Mind you that you do literally nothing to earn this, it's just given to you for being hit. The perk shouldn't exist in any capacity and you people want it buffed to work more than one chase? How many second chances do you think you need in one game?

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

45 is plenty. It's the strongest single-use perk in the game and the only one that can be used twice.

• RyRapsYT
    RyRapsYT Member Posts: 299

It is fine how it is, 90 seconds was way too overpowered.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

I've run it numerous times since it went live, and it's given me value almost every time. I have issues with looping correctly and losing killers in chases, and I've already had numerous times where I've lost the killer entirely by doing ... not anything particularly special, other than breaking line of sight for a moment. And it hasn't just worked against novice killers, as I've done the same thing against Rank 1 killers who actually knew what they were doing. Bring a souped-up med-kit, and you can get multiple uses out of the perk, which for me, has been literally the difference between escaping the trial or dying.

As someone who plays 50/50, I'm very happy when the build I choose can accomodate it (the only thing keeping me from running it more is an addiction to running Prove Thyself, and an unwillingness to use too many med-kits/add-ons in trials). When I play killer, I've VERY happy to see people NOT running it, and I hope people keep dismissing it -- I don't want to have to deal with injured survivors disappearing into thin air simply by rounding a corner.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,206

I think it should hide blood permanently, with only the scratch mark effect being on a timer. Maybe bump up the timer to 60s as well, 45s is a little too short.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

That is true that are afraid of killer mains with lucky break. With how open and naked maps are, even if it had a 120 sec timer it would be fine. When does a killer ever lose anybody? 

How is Tinkerer, a perk with no timer can hide terror radius all the time but a perk that hides scratch marks has an extremely short 45 sec timer?

Ghostface has no terror radius at will.  No question why killers win all the time.

• HaunterofShadows

AAAAAAAAYYY SLUZZY.

• Rezblaze
    Rezblaze Member Posts: 843

45 seconds is just fine. If you need 90 seconds to break line of sight and lose the killer, then that's on you really.

You're really asking for a minute and thirty seconds to lose the killer with no scratch marks.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

45 seconds literally makes it a one time use perk though. By the time you escape the killer and get healed the timer is gone.

• Jejune
    Jejune Member Posts: 795

Just change it so that ...:

You start the match with 1/2/3 charges.

When you go into injured state you lose a token and perk activates, you dont leave blood or scratch marks for 15 seconds.

After the timer runs out its deactivated until you are healthy again.

• MrPsych
    MrPsych Member Posts: 265

What's the problem with it being a one-time use perk? Many perks, killer and survivor, are single use only. That doesn't make them bad.

Deliverance is single-use and allows you to escape from the hook for free. Decisive Strike has been one of the most powerful perks of the game for years and it's a single use. Adrenaline only activates at the end of a match and gives the survivor a powerful end game.

Killer also has a fair share of powerful one-time use perks. Blood Warden is tricky to use, but if you can lock down the exit gates with it, it can turn an easy survivor win in a massacre. Hex: Haunted Ground gives all survivors a one-time 60 second exposed effect and shouldn't be overlooked. Corrupt Intervention only stays on for the first 2 minutes, yet it's a must run perk for many.

If a perk either allows you to down anyone or escape from a killer, it being one-use is irrelevant in my eyes. A strong effect can very easily compensate.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

Except it isn't a strong effect and Iron Will helps out x10 more than a 1 time use no scratch marks chase that could end in 5 seconds but take you forever to get healed again.

• Artick
    Artick Member Posts: 623

So, when are you going to revert this?