The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How’s that even hit?

CHIBICHIN101
CHIBICHIN101 Member Posts: 6
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

I only pushed drop pallet button and looks like there was enough distance between me and killer

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• brubli
    brubli Member Posts: 214

latency

• TapeKnot
    TapeKnot Member Posts: 248

It seems like a normal hit to me. The killer hit you as you vacuumed to the pallet before he got stunned.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Usually people give examples of high latency hits that look bogus.

This hit looks legit.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,366
    edited May 2021

These hits are pretty normal, they shouldn't be, but they are. For some reason dropping a pallet seemingly increases the size of your hitbox.

I've had instances where I run through a pallet, the killer swings and misses, I panic and drop the pallet after the attack animation has seemingly finished, and then get hit despite the fact that I'm a full pallets distance from the killer and there's a dropped pallet between us.

I'm hoping that one day, the devs give pallet hits the window hit treatment, along with drop down windows seeing as their hitboxes are still buggy as all hell.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Hits at the very end of a swing always look kinda weird, chances are you ducked back into his hitbox at the last second.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

No these hits should be normal, otherwise survivors wouldn't be punished for poor play. From the gif it looks like he hesitated way too long to drop the pallet: he ran out then ran back to drop it which got him hit because the killer has enduring and swung into the pallet, knowing he'd get the hit if the pallet got dropped.

If he didn't drop the pallet right away, he wouldn't have got hit. This is completely intentional, there's even an achievement for it lmao.

And that problem you're having is the swing having a lingering hitbox and not the pallet hitbox. I don't think that should be a thing though, it's kinda dumb that the hitbox stays out for that long.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Between you vacuuming back to the pallet the desync at the time and latency

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

I've been doing that for a while. some hits go through pallets others don't.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Change of perspective

On the killer's screen, you pallet stunned him after hitting you. Why did that pallet get thrown?