why do killers only have 3 perks vs 16?

Options
Mizo
Mizo Member Posts: 4

with how fast the gens are going you pretty much n e e d ruin.
survivors need additional objectives, especially with how unfun being tunneled is.
But right now, with gen time being so low you essentialy need ruin and need to tunnel(unless you play nurse, but do you want to verse nurse/billy/maybe huntress all the time?)

survivors really need additional objectives.
devs please make this game fun again :L

Comments

• ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502
    Options

I would like to see more modes, something different. Break up the monotony of rinsing and repeating. A feeling of stagnation. Something not as competitive in terms of players. Perhaps a story-esque mode.

The few friends I have tried to pull to this game have basically said: "That's it? That's a mini game. Where is the rest of the game? Surely doing the same thing over and over can't be all that fun."

I slightly agree.

Hmmm.....I just got a weird idea. Has anyone seen "cabin in the woods"?

Now, one of the interesting parts of that was how "the killers" had technically more than one objective.

-They had to prevent the survivors from leaving the trial in multiple ways.
    -Obviously they had to kill them....but they required a few things to be initiated here and there. (Like, the "virgin" had to be killed last. And certain survivors couldn't be "properly killed" till they exhibited certain archetypes.)
    -They had to work towards a greater goal than killing the survivors.(they had motive)=not sure this one is really helpful in our case though.

The survivors, likewise...also had a bit to do.

-Get to the bottom of the mystery/conspiracy.
    -Survive the encounter with the killer.
    -"Escape"....(different than simply surviving.)
    -Work towards preventing the overarching "evil" goal. (This ties in with surviving and escaping)=may be hard to apply to this game...but who knows.

Such a format or something similar could be applied to dead by daylight as another mode, or an increase to the current one.

• MysterTal
    MysterTal Member Posts: 157
    Options

@swenpai said:
    The game is already fun.
    I do not tunnel any game and I still win..

Translation: "I'm a Survivor Main trying to discredit Killers".
    That, or you're fresh as daisies to this game.

There is simply no way in hell that you've played more than a match and came out of it thinking "Killer is the power role here, Survivors are weak and fun to catch, there are no problems with the game, the gen pace is fine" - not unless you've played inebriated.

Have a watch of this.
    Enjoy the sobering.

• swenpai
    swenpai Member Posts: 259
    Options
    MysterTal said:

@swenpai said:
    The game is already fun.

There is simply no way in hell that you've played more than a match and came out of it thinking "Killer is the power role here, Survivors are weak and fun to catch, there are no problems with the game, the gen pace is fine" - not unless you've played inebriated.

Have a watch of this.
    Enjoy the sobering.

I am a killer main, 150h in. :-)
    Killer is abit less powerful than survivor, I can agree but it is prettt balanced still.
    The killer might be abit more challenging. :)

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    Options

@swenpai said:
    MysterTal said:

@swenpai said:

The game is already fun.

Have a watch of this.

Enjoy the sobering.

Killer is abit less powerful than survivor, I can agree but it is prettt balanced still.

Only 150 hours in? Ignorance is truly bliss.

• swenpai
    edited June 2018
    Options

@swenpai said:
    MysterTal said:

@swenpai said:

The game is already fun.

Have a watch of this.

Enjoy the sobering.

Only 150 hours in? Ignorance is truly bliss.

It's called life lad. :-)
  • swenpai
    Options
    Mc_Harty said:

@MysterTal said:

Have a watch of this.
    Enjoy the sobering.

...lol ######### are you talking about?

He said he still wins and the game is fun for him. Where did he state that killers were strong in those two sentences? kek.

Haha yeah
  • Shifterplay
    Shifterplay Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2018
    Options

When you absolutely ignore the rank, I would say DBD is fun. Just higher ranks and performing to pip isn't (or at least is far less fun and more stressful).

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

I'd love an additional objective as survivor at the start of the trial. Unless I'm either the first one found or I intentionally look for the killer by the time the killer finishes their first chase and finds me about 2-3 generators are already popped. So there's a small chance I get camped either because the killer has to or because they're frustrated due to lack of time in the trial.

Nothing outrageous but maybe some sort of power grid that needs to be enabled for all the generators on the map to be enabled. Kind of like how the exit gates are powered they would be located on the edges on the map on some circuit breaker.