Am I the only one who's currently on a break from DBD?

ItzZane_
ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965

Title. Life has been pretty good after I stopped playing I might never come back :D

Comments

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Most likely yes. Because when I am on DBD break, I don't read DBD forums

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Good to hear that. Hope you get better days :)

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

Me. Haven't played since end of last "season ". I had more time to play than usual so decided to grind rank and especially bloodwebs. All matches with bbq, all matches with minimum a survivor pudding and for what? Sure it made a small difference but.. So litle that i think the grind finally took its toll on me.

So i went back to Rainbow 6 siege and realised if i buy a character on that game i get to use him fully ASAP. I don't have to spend ungodly amount of hours grinding to try different things.... The only thing holding me back is my complete lack of skill.

So yeah that and also took the time to improve on rocket league.

The thing is... This time i really don't feel like coming back...

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785
    edited May 2021

I'm kinda on a break...between April's rank reset and May's rank reset I only played 1 game, and since then I've only played another 5 or 6 just to test out Blight on controller (which I love) and a few Billy matches.

Otherwise, other games just seem more relaxing and fun at the moment. They don't bring out my competitive side as often nor do they annoy me as often when something goes wrong.

Post edited by NoOneKnowsNova on
  • ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965

Idc about RE tbh I will come back INSTANTLY if they bring a TWDG or a FNAF chapter Or they balance the game i guess

• Shadow_Master953
    Shadow_Master953 Member Posts: 24
    edited May 2021

I'm on again off again. It's way more fun when there are friends available to play with. Solo queue can be pretty dull after a while though. I can only play like 4 hours out of the week at most as a solo

• Iudex_Nemesis
    Iudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 326

I don't play as regularly as I used to but I did take an extended break since the last two chapters were so disappointing. I will jump back online when the RE chapter is out.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I’m on a break too atm. Just burned out and waiting for the anniversary stream

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

In Aptil/May, I took an entire month off DBD and this forum. The main reason was the behaviour of a high quantity of the community. Just eye-rollingly predictable in terms of toxicity.

I came back and found myself enjoying the game again. The rift is certainly far more realistic for casual players with the reduced amount of XP needed for a fragment.

I did admittedly find myself getting a little stressed yesterday. Was doing the new challenges, but survivor queues were so long I ended up attempting the killer challenges. I then I was getting matched up with a load of childish losers.

A break does help now and again.

• Akhaten
    Akhaten Member Posts: 125

I took a break from twins release up until trickster, i got him with shards then regretted the purchase after 3-4 games. Played some demo and blight but got sooo frustrated with the new collision for blight that i stopped enjoying killer games at all despite getting 3-4k with demo.

Then i switched to survivor to do some challenges but ultimately i uninstalled the game 2 weeks ago because of all the toxicity i experienced through those games (both survivors and killers)

I guess i'll see you all in the fog in 3 months when i'll need the reminder of why i left the game so many times in the past year and a half :))

• papabear2009
    papabear2009 Member Posts: 115

I've been only playing DBD with friends and doing only custom games. It just feels great getting away from the toxicity of matchmaking.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

I've been on a break for a while. Kinda waiting for behaviour to release a killer that dosent just absloutely suck. Twins and trickster was such a colossal screw up that i hope they actually make an exciting fun re killer. No real game shakeups mostly just qol changes bar admitadly the necessary ds changes. Heres hoping the next release isn't underwhelming.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I am being on a forced break cause internet issues.

Which sucks, I really want to play

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Nope - still play 5-6 days a week and stream DBD 4 days a week.

Never understood posts like these - reminds me of the guys who hang out at high school after they graduate or go "visit" their last place of employment that they quit; before they got fired. I have never visited a forum for a game I quit playing - kinda cringeworthy.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I took a month-long break due to health reasons, but now I'm trying to get back into the swing of things.