The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Can someone explain this to me??

Randid91
Randid91 Member Posts: 2
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

I'm confused, I'm rank 7 survivor main, I was running Nea with Borrowed Time, Balanced Landing, Urban Evasion, and Spine Chill. After a decent match with all survivors escaping a fellow survivor told me to burn in a hole and that I'm cancer to play with? I did gens, helped people off hooks and did heals. When asked what the ?? He says just look at your build. I'm confused am I running a toxic build without realizing? Can someone help? This is the first time I've had something negative said and I'm not trying to offend fellow teammates or killers. Thanks so much!

Comments

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Possibly for Urban Evasion. Survivors hate when someone crounching around and Urban is best perk for crounching. That is reason.

But ignore people like this and play like how you wanna. You paid for this game, they did not gift you.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    edited May 2021

It just happens. I don't want to choose sides or start an argument but in my own personal experience survivors are more likely to complain or trash talk after the game. I'm a survivor main so that means that I too have been trash-talked by other players on my own assigned "team". It doesn't happen often but it's happened a few times, usually to question my style of play and scold me for what they perceived as "not doing enough" or playing the way that they wanted me to play. I don't hide, I don't avoid the action. I'm just careful and try to avoid direct confrontations with the killer where possible. A lot of teams are aggro and don't like this. They don't always see me much during the game so they just jump to the conclusion that I just stood in a corner and cowered, waiting for the hatch (which is something I've ALSO had to deal with other survivors doing. It sucks).

In short, don't worry about it. There will always be people who will find something to complain about, even if you played well and contributed just fine. You might get a killer trash-talking you for it sometime too, but - and again, this is my own anecdotal experience - survivors are more likely to whine. Many of them just want everyone to rush gens, abuse flashlights, do loops around the killer, and teabag at the exit. Not ALL of them, certainly. I don't play like that at all, plenty of people here don't. But there are those who do, and my understanding is that it gets worse around the red ranks. Some people just like to complain when something doesn't go the way they want it to.

EDIT: By the way, don't let anyone intimidate or guilt you into changing your build or playing differently. The game is for everyone, including you.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

They're probably being an arsehole because you're using stealth perks. Just ignore them.

• Randid91
    Randid91 Member Posts: 2

I do tend to play more towards a stealthy game because honestly I'm not the great in chases, especially as I'm ranking higher simply the killer is better than I, so I try to avoid getting into confrontation if possible and help out teammates/do objectives instead.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

I'm sorry that happened too you. Those survivors are toxic and you did nothing wrong. People tend to hate urban evasion.

Ignore them.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

Little do they know how good urban is.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Next time tell him that if he wasn't so stupid he would know how to utilise all perks in the game.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

People will complain even if you run the most popular perks. Don't listen.

I've got insulted after trying to save a bully-squad who got downed together near the basement by a Bubba. The three of them were doing the generator in the shack, Bubba came and downed them.

I save them three with BT, I got downed. They teabagged me, got hit with BT, got hit again, and it was my fault.

You see, don't listen to people. They will be mean if they wanna be mean. It's real easy to feel superior because we're hidden behind a screen.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I wouldn't worry about it. It sounds like you ran into a moron; the world is full of them.

• Eros_LucianoTTV
    Eros_LucianoTTV Member Posts: 42

Play the game your way. I dont see any issues with your build.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

Your build is totally fine!! I started with urban, sprint burst, self care, and kindred. I had a few matches in the beginning just crouching out of fear and using kindred to track the killer and not hook saves, but I adapted and got into higher ranks by adapting to my perks :)!! If you do well and are comfortable with your build, keep doing it! No rude survivor should tell you you're toxic solely based on perks; The way you play is important!! Not every DS/UB/DH survivor abuses their abilities, and same goes for ruin/undying/tinkerer killers. We are all here to have fun and if you play fair and do your best, then keep it up :)!!!

• ryseterion
    ryseterion Member Posts: 445

Well they are saying that because your build suggests that you hid in a corner the whole game. Its not your fault bro don't worry about it. Sone people just take these things too seriously

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,051

Urban Evasion is niche, and it and Spine Chill are mistakenly called noob perks that are "bad". Urban Evasion is good against Hag, and also killers like Nurse or Spirit you have to stealth against sometimes. Spine Chill gives so much information on top of not letting killers sneak up on you. The other perks you're running are meta or close to meta. So I don't know what that guy's problem was.

• miketheratguy

That says it all. I've noticed that a lot of my fellow survivors get bent out of shape with stealth play. They like to assume that you're not actually participating and whine at you because "you were off hiding all game while I did 3 of the gens myself". In other words, they like to aggro and expect everyone else to do the same.

As I and others have said, play how you like and don't feel pressured to change your perks. I'm a more stealthy player and I like it that way, I don't care if my teammates don't approve. I do gens, hook rescues and healing, I just don't run around all willy nilly and I don't like the looping game. That's my prerogative. As long as you're playing and not deliberately breaking any rules, you're fine.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

This is why I hate survivors. And I play mostly survivor myself.

I recommend you to turn off messages and hide after game chat.

There is nothing toxic about your build. The only toxicity in your post is the person messaging you

• miketheratguy

Why does UE have a bad reputation?

I use UE myself, unless I've got it swapped for Dwight's perk that speeds up the actions of those nearby (can't recall the name of it). Beyond that I always have Bond, which allows me to see my fellow teammates from a decent distance, and the combination of Kindred and Dark Sense, which give me occasional updates on the killer's actions and whereabouts. This is a good stealth build but the treadeoff for more careful, evasive gameplay is that I have NO perks or advantages whatsoever to help me when I do get caught. Additionally survivors get more points by putting themselves in danger, you can do several gens by yourself AND escape but still make less points than someone who spent the whole game running and recovering from interactions with the killer. So basically I've got probably a 50/50 win/loss rate, maybe a little better, and the development of my survivors is slower that it is for a lot of other people. But I don't care, I enjoy playing the game in the style that I do.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,140

Ignore them. People always gonna text over something they dislike.

• miketheratguy

That's what I figured: Evasion = cowardice. I could see the complaint if it were leveled at the type of players who legit DON'T do hooks, DO sit around in lockers and bushes all game, etc. I don't think that anyone appreciates that type of teammate. But I do wonder about the "hiding as soon as they hear the heartbeat" thing. Do people actually have a problem with that? No one in any of the games I've played has ever just stood around (or attempted to bumrush the killer) when they get close, everyone scatters and either runs or hides until the threat is gone. Isn't survival the point of survivors?

I know you're not the one making the accusation, I'm just curious if this is a common sentiment.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

Just ignore the toxicness, you didnt do anything wrong.

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730

They're the toxic one, but a lot of people instantly dislike those who run urban. It's really not a good perk, so I'd recommend dropping it from your build. Then you won't have this happen, or at least not often anymore.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Just use the perks you want and report everyone who writes toxic messages.