So now that DBD forums are a thing will the devs not check Steam/reddit's forums again or not?

I just want to know if the devs wont see the bugs/ideas/general discussion of said forums and will focus only in here.

Comments

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

I'm sure they will but likely less so than before.

• pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

Hey look who it is.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Devs didn't check steam forums in the first place.
    Not sure what made you think so.

• weirdkid5

@Runiver said:

Very rarely would you get actual dev responses on the Steam forum, but it did happen occasionally.

• Runiver

@weirdkid5 said:

@Runiver said:

Very rarely would you get actual dev responses on the Steam forum, but it did happen occasionally.

Back in 2016 yeah.
    The last response from devs to date is Not_Queen saying "I'm Hyped for the next PTB content, are you, too ?"
    If you consider that an answer (or more like, an useful one), welp, I guess devs are "indeed" participating.

I actually "participate" in other steam forums such as Darkest Dungeon or Dead Cells or even Slay the Spire ones, and devs ACTUALLY answers there, on a daily basis, even tho they're indie devs.

I don't say this to be mean to devs, it's just factual, since I'm on these forums for ages now, and I see threads asking things to devs about everyday, and not a single one of them is being answered/addressed.

• weirdkid5

@Runiver said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Runiver said:

Back in 2016 yeah.
    The last response from devs to date is Not_Queen saying "I'm Hyped for the next PTB content, are you, too ?"
    If you consider that an answer (or more like, an useful one), welp, I guess devs are "indeed" participating.

I actually "participate" in other steam forums such as Darkest Dungeon or Dead Cells or even Slay the Spire ones, and devs ACTUALLY answers there, on a daily basis, even tho they're indie devs.

I don't say this to be mean to devs, it's just factual, since I'm on these forums for ages now, and I see threads asking things to devs about everyday, and not a single one of them is being answered/addressed.

If I recall didn't the devs essentially say people are too mean on Steam lmao

• Runiver

@weirdkid5 said:

@Runiver said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Runiver said:

Back in 2016 yeah.

They also told, on steam forums, to come around here.
    As a matter of fact, more than half the people I see here are people from the steam forums. And a good portion of them are even BANNED (KEK) ones from these forums.

Not sure what they actually expect.
    People aren't mean for free. I'm on several forums, and even if some people are just mean for the sake of being mean, if most people are "mean" to you, there's probably a reason behind it, and "moving to another place" won't fix the matter.

• pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

@Runiver said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Runiver said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Runiver said:

Back in 2016 yeah.

They also told, on steam forums, to come around here.
    As a matter of fact, more than half the people I see here are people from the steam forums. And a good portion of them are even BANNED (KEK) ones from these forums.

Not sure what they actually expect.
    People aren't mean for free. I'm on several forums, and even if some people are just mean for the sake of being mean, if most people are "mean" to you, there's probably a reason behind it, and "moving to another place" won't fix the matter.

Exactly they will still get critisism no matter where it is.

• Leon
    Leon Member Posts: 56

When i became active in steam forum later on like 200+ hours of my game play i got shocked when people said there is a place where devs are active or see things more than steam forum which is reddit, kind of a let down for me, because steam should've been the thing that connects player base and devs together.

Now that we have dbd forum, reddit should be dropped off totally, and rely on steam and this forum, but focus equally on both, for the most benefits and ideas.

• Murf
    Murf Member Posts: 13

Just because the devs rarely responded, does not mean they did not look at and even take suggestions from the forum. They have mentioned many many times that they looked at the steam forums every single day. They don't have the time to reply to everyone, Their replies are the weekly videos and streams they hold for the community.

Yes they read the forums, and they will read this one and I'm sure they will keep reading the steam forums as well.

• Leon
    Leon Member Posts: 56

@Murf said:
    Just because the devs rarely responded, does not mean they did not look at and even take suggestions from the forum. They have mentioned many many times that they looked at the steam forums every single day. They don't have the time to reply to everyone, Their replies are the weekly videos and streams they hold for the community.

Yes they read the forums, and they will read this one and I'm sure they will keep reading the steam forums as well.

Since you replied and mentioned they read thats a good thing to hear, but they don't really have to reply to every single post, a weekly post done by one of the devs, lets say conclusion of what they read and their steps of what do we expect in the future, for example " we are aware of the recent issues with balancing/hacks etc and we are attempting to do this, and that" it is simple as that, it will make community feel better and that the devs care, showing no action even the smallest one can have negative impact.

• Murf
    Murf Member Posts: 13

Their reply is in the form of the videos and streams. Where they address the most current pressing issues, people always say the streams have no content, but the devs cover big issues every time.

They do not 'show no action' the weekly streams and videos are proof of that. By talking to the community this way it gets out tom more people than a post here and there on the forums.

• Runiver
    edited May 2018

@Murf said:
    Their reply is in the form of the videos and streams. Where they address the most current pressing issues, people always say the streams have no content, but the devs cover big issues every time.

They do not 'show no action' the weekly streams and videos are proof of that. By talking to the community this way it gets out tom more people than a post here and there on the forums.

Considering the current state of the game, I think the doubts about devs actually reading the community requests (as well as the fact that a lot of devs admitted not to have even NOTICED the 4k answers THREAD that has been a trend for MONTHS on steam forums) are legitimate.

When we asked to the devs, in the stream questions, about that SWF petition thread of WK5, they just said "they never ever heard about it but they're gonna take a look at it". Maybe you're believing them when they say they actually read stuff, I just know I don't.

In my opinion, and considering the answer I got from Horvath and NQ on our discord, my opinion about their relation to steam forums is restricted to this : they get a few questions for their stream, picked by mods (such as yourself), and answer it on the stream and consider it "a day".

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

To be fair

steam forums are only hate discussions

while reddit is just memes and complain discussions