What do you feel when you lose a quick game?

Jarol
Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

What do you feel when you lose a quick game? How do you react to being hung 2 times with 5 or 4 gens or what do you feel when you cannot hang anyone or give up? I want to know what your opinion is, the truth is that whenever I lose a game very quickly, whether from killer or survivor, I get tension and agitation, especially with wanting to catch him and kill him or want to escape from him and go away. In the end a few, I do not know, feel empathy for that player who wastes time in dying, instead of playing, for example, bubba with insidious in the basement. What do you think, how do you feel when you lose a fast game even if it lasts 5 minutes?

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I play it out knowing I could have played better

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638
    edited May 2021

At first I’m like: “I need to get good”.

Take about a minute to think about what I could’ve done right, what I’ve done wrong. Try to correct my mistakes, if I’m still in the match.

Then forget about the whole thing and move on to the next match.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

"Well, at least it was over quickly.'"

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

I am feeling like "Thank you BHVR, thank you for this good balance. Your game is perfect. I hope you are happy with lose killers"

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

It depends on the type of game.

Quick games are why I despise solo queue. You almost never know how your teammates will be or how the killer will play.

With killer, it's a bit different. Unless I played poorly, got unlucky RNG, or the survivors were extra sweaty, I don't encounter too many five minute games. But assuming I do, I just brush it off. Even during those really rough matches I can usually have a decent amount of fun.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,149

Minorly irked, but usually at myself for making mistakes. I tqke a minute tp reflect on where I cocked up, devise a solution in my head (don't cock up next time) and move on.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,137

I usually just kinda roll my eyes and marvel at this game's ridiculous design where one of the best strategies to win is to limit the opposing side's chance to participate as much as possible, and it doesn't even benefit the winning side in terms of points because the devs want there to be a back-and-forth between killer and survivors but the gameplay itself isn't conducive to that, especially not with the busted matchmaking where the experienced side would have to throw in order to give the other side enough time to even try to learn anything.

I don't blame the game for me being bad, I know I'm not great at the game and that's on me, but it is kinda dumb when a match ends quickly and no one even earned 15k. I'd bet money the winning side depipped. What's the point of a match that goes like that? Who benefits? It's a waste of everyone's time.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,463

I feel as if I hadn't played at all, as if I had waited on a lobby for nothing.

Fast-paced trials are the worst.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

Angry usually followed by a salty forum post then realising my mistakes and I shouldnt be so stressed about winning when I am playing a meme build or learning a killer.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

If I get absolutely decimated on a bad map I'll concede and just open the exit gates. I'd rather bring the game to a close and try again

Typically I'll try to salvage a kill if I can otherwise

Sometimes it's a sign to stop playing killer and take a break, tilt can lead to a lot of anger. This is more so killer than survivor as with survivor I understand that not everything that goes wrong in a match is my fault whereas with Killer I'm the only person responsible for my plays and of course my misplays

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

i'm playing a video game, im gonna play it out of respect for my teammates.

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990

What do i feel? Agony, loss, regret and most of all....shame

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730

This game is actually really balanced. It's not perfect, but people exaggerate how unbalanced it is.

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730

Since I don't lose as killer, when I lose as survivor I feel like I need to get better, and that the killer is good.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Depends on a set of factors. If the map is Haddonfield for instance, I know I played as well as I could have, but the map is just ass.

• Bonquiqui414
    Bonquiqui414 Member Posts: 222

Normally I tell myself I could play better and forget about it next match or if it’s a really bad map like haddonfield I usually say “I can’t compete with luck, only skill”

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

If i can't hook anyone then that's on me but if i am hooking people with chases lasting 20-30 seconds at most and the gens still get done in 4 minutes that ######### am i supposed to do about that?

As survivor i just cry when my team all get put in the basement within the first minute of the game and i watch it all unfold with bond..

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446

I feel slight disgust. Then move on to the next game. This typically happens with solo survivor more often than killer.