Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Should we be able to do multiple challenges at once.

I still dont understand why not.

Comments

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

This doesn't justify it, if you want more fragments you could just continue playing games after you've done your challenges anyway.

And if you wanted your challenges to last a long time, then you could choose to just use one challenge at a time. So I don't think your argument justifies the limitation of 1 challenge per game.

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

I don't want to finish all the challenges in an hour after they are released and feel like I have nothing to do the rest of the rift. It's fine the way it is.

• Dimek
    Dimek Member Posts: 286

You are forced to do 1 challenge so you HAVE TO play more games and devs wants us to play more and more and more

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

We should get 2x BP per game. The grind is overwhelming for people joining and having 20+ killers and survivors to level.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

Yes I get that. I understand the limit is to increase the amount of grinding for the players and therefore increase the player numbers on the game.

It's just your comment pointing out more fragments appeared to me as if you were justifying it as if it was designed for more fragments (i.e. to benefit the player more), rather than to benefit the developers and keep gamers engaged.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

No. Just give the option to have a killer and survivor challenge selected at the same time.

if it’s a Mutual challenge, it will overwrite both selected challenges

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,750

Yasssss one active for killer and one for surv, same if they overlap!

• JPLongstreet

I'd also appreciate it if when we complete a challenge it take a us back to it no matter what tome it was in, instead of always back to the current tome. Quite the pain to track down completed old challenges.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

At the very least, one killer and one survivor challenge at the same time. But it would be a very nice QoL change if you could do two of each. Man does it suck going into a match for just one more generator kick out of 15 total.

• JPLongstreet
  • NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

I'd appreciate it, but I don't think it's necessary. The grind for this rift has felt a lot less mind-numbingly boring so far.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

But that would damage their precious "BP economy!" We can't have that!

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063
    edited May 2021

My ideal solution for this would be to allow players to have a regular challenge and a master challenge up at the same time.

My reasoning for doing it like this is because master challenges are always complete-in-one-game, and are often an advanced difficulty or rely on luck more than skill - like completing 2 gens in the killer's terror radius, hooking all 4 survivors in the basement, getting 4 unhooks in one game, getting 2 grabs in one game, staying 10m from the killer undetected for 60 seconds, getting 2 corrupt purges that hit 2 survivors in one game, or getting 4 pallet stuns in one game. It's a total Hail Mary whether the stars will align in a way that's possible to do these challenges or whether your opponents just won't let you, and you can play a dozen games and never get them - and that's frustrating as hell, because you could have been progressing so many other challenges that are designed to gradually complete over the course of several games (break generators, hit different survivors, hook survivors, kill survivors, cleanse totems, open chests, heal teammates, unhook teammates, etc.) Going for the really lucky challenges feels like a waste when there's so many other challenges you could have been getting out of the way instead... but when you switch, and then end up completing the challenge's conditions when it's not active, when you know there's nothing you can do to replicate the situation? That's hell. So being able to run 'cleanse 20 totems' and 'finish 4 generators with Dark Sense' at the same time would really help alleviate the frustration with the latter challenge.

But there are non-master challenges that are very luck-based (like do a hook save in EGC) and master challenges that are super easy (like get one blind), so maybe the better route would be to have challenges sliced into luck-based and non luck-based, and then allow one of each at a time.

Also, yeah, make completed challenges take you back to that tome, not the current tome. Searching through the archives, trying to remember which tome and page your challenge was on, is a PITA.

Post edited by Laluzi on
  • TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,405

I would like it but it will probably never happen.

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730

They want us to play more. If we have multiple challenges we won't play as much as we do now.

• MrLimonka
    MrLimonka Member Posts: 545

I think it would be nice if we could choose 2 challenges at once, one for Survivors and the other for Killers. This way you wouldn't need to switch the challenges every time you switch between the two

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Yes and no one killer and surivor challenge equipped at a time.so you dont forget to change you challenge off the killer one you had

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

I just want more BPs per challenge. 15k-25k is stupid.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

I think you should be able to select 2 regular challenges, a regular challenge and master challenge, or only a single master challenge because the amount of times I'm doing a regular challenge and then technically meet the requirements of a master challenge in a single round, but then do the master challenge and it takes a couple days to do... is insane.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

Being able to have one regular challenge and one master challenge selected at the same time would be nice. Or being able to have one killer and one survivor challenge selected at the same time, because it's so easy to forget when switching roles.

The best solution would be if I could choose, after the match, which challenge I'd like to put progress towards. Because working at one challenge but failing it while succeeding at some other challenge which I didn't have selected is really, really annoying.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

No but you should always be able to have 1 killer and 1 survivor challenge selected at the same time so people who forget to change their challenges don't get screwed.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

I came here to say exactly this!

I don't see why the devs cannot make this simple change.