The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Scourge of the Purge Challenge - Tome 7 Level 2

Bwsted
Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

My expectations were low. But holy #########.

Comments

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Maybe discordance and tinkerer and pray?

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Well I know which one I'm leaving till last. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…

• Pilot
    Pilot Member Posts: 1,158

Farmin' time

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

That's pretty easy. Hooks exist, as does basement. Give it a few trials and you should have it done.

• Schlute6969
    Schlute6969 Member Posts: 129

Farming it is then! Or being there when they unhook.

I get the disdain for some challenges that may require farming but like most challenges you don’t have to. It will be hard to get but there are very legitimate ways to get this done and even just play styles. You can do it legitimately and possibly wait awhile or 1st game or farm and almost guarantee it first game. I like these because it gives you the option so if you want to legitimately get it while trying then you can and it’s a hard challenge but eventually doable. If that gets too hard and you have done the rest of the challenges there is always the easier route.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Then every challenge would be almost identical, because you're never going to just play normally and wait for the right moment, you're always going to force itΒ so you can get it over with and move on and that's almost always going to screw someone over.

Besides, one of the oldest and most effective Plague plays is to hook someone a perfect distance away from a fountain (about BBQ distance, 40 or so metres), drink up, and come back in time to devestate the save because everyone expects either camping or saintlike 12-hooking.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 571

Pretty sure the wording on the challenge implies a single stream of vomit hitting 2 people.

Though I hope the wording is just strange and that your version is correct because otherwise this is going to be hell to try and do unless you just camp a hook and vomit on the rescuer and rescuee.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059

Hit two survivors with the same stream of Corrupt Purge, not the same fountain. That is vastly more specific and pretty much requires you to be at a hook or to get the drop on a group gen (which requires undetectable or the survivors to commit despite CP, because Plague isn't exactly stealthy.)

It happens during normal gameplay, sure, but not reliably unless you're camping.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

Bring the purple addons that make her corrupt purge last longer and move better. I could see this working out.

• MintberryCrunch
    MintberryCrunch Member Posts: 67

Seems terrible design as everyone is saying. Shouldn't force people to play in bad ways.

What would be wrong with just making it once per trial, it's still a fun challenge and might happen whilst playing normally.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Level 4

With a single discharge of the Corrupt Purge action down 2 survivors. Do this 2 times.

Must be completed in one match.

• Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 388

This one might be better than my favourite brain fart challenge so far, the one where you have to pull someone out of a locker with iron maiden.

• Bwsted

That's exactly what I was gonna do. It's 2 survivors, with a single stream of vomit, twice in a trial. I don't want to waste any more time on this ridiculity than needed.

Then I'll let everyone go, because it's gonna be so toxic compared to how I normally play, that I feel infected as well already.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

*slowly claps with the most implied sarcasm i have ever mustered*

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

With a single discharge of corrupt purge action down all 4 survivors.

must be completed in one match.

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571

As a Oni and Nurse main: Good. Very good.

But yeah, the great mind that comes with those challenges does not play DBD.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

This a joke right?

• kucerka
    kucerka Member Posts: 186

Hmmm...so they lowered the exp. needed to level up a tome but added challenges that will take extra time to complete. How exciting πŸ‘

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

yeah... unfortunately this seems like the best strat. Hope for altruistic survivors and expect a lot of salt in after game chat.

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

Well, they did ask for grabs last tome, so no reason to be surprised.

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827

Guys all these difficult killer challenges are very easy, just farm them. 95/100 times the survivors will work with you and they don't care if you hit them with corrupt purge

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

Well, time to add this to my list of challenges that I'm never going to get completed.

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 643

This is a challenge I wouldn't even be able to come up with if you specifically asked me to design a ridiculous challenge. That's impressive.

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 643

I just completed this challenge with the help of a very friendly Meg and Jake who knew what I was after. They just stood still and let me hit them with Corrupt Purge twice. I will definitely be trying to help any Plagues I see struggling to get this wonderfully designed challenge.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,276

This challenge basically forces you to play like a scumlord in order to reliably get it done. One would either need to camp every hook until a survivor comes, or catch them off guard as a killer with a 32 meter Terror Radius and a global indication that your power is active.

This challenge is not reliable if the team either leaves the person to die or you don't have Discordance and Tinkerer active at the same time.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,047

I farmed for that Challenge. Really, I tried it for two hours, I dont like playing Plague and I was never close to getting it. Two games in those two hours, Survivors did not cleanse at all, I used one Apple, so I had two Shots at this to get it done.

Second challenge so far in all Tomes where I farmed (first one was to get two Gengrabs in one game). IMO too hard for being a Level 2 Challenge, should rather be Level 4. The other one (downing a Survivor 60 seconds after downing another Survivor while using Infectious Fright (two times)) is a cakewalk against this Plague-Challenge.

• MintberryCrunch
    MintberryCrunch Member Posts: 67

Out of interest how do you agree to farm with survivors? Is this easier to coordinate on PC?

I don't like the idea of this but I suppose to get an absurdly annoying challenge I would.

• Bwsted

Approach a gen and start hitting it repeatedly until they get the message.

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827
    edited May 2021

I'm on console so can't even message them. Just down someone and pick them up and drop them until they break free, or walk around nodding and hitting the generator that someone ran away from they'll get the hint.

• tak47888
    tak47888 Member Posts: 125

I did it with insidious hook camping. Was even a pretty fun game though. Works best on in-game maps like Lery's.

• kickasskiel
    kickasskiel Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2021

Discordance, tinkerer and iridescent add on that gives you corrupt purge when gen complete . Job done. Or you collect corrupt purge when someone on hook and head back for when the rescue happens and hit the saver and the unhooked person.