Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Survivor Splitscreen?

KiraElijah
KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
I would like it if I could play splitscreen survivor with my friends, who else agrees?

Comments

• TrashMouse
    TrashMouse Member Posts: 7

I think the only issue is that it could be seen as an advantage on your side and not the killers, you'll be more coordinated and that could be unfair for the killer.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@TrashMouse said:
    I think the only issue is that it could be seen as an advantage on your side and not the killers, you'll be more coordinated and that could be unfair for the killer.

Problem isn’t coordination, SWF already caused that problem. Problem is the game itself will NEVER be able to handle such a load. It’d need to load AND SYNC everything TWICE.

• TrashMouse
    TrashMouse Member Posts: 7

True, It would also be a bit messy with audio warnings, like if you can hear the killer heartbeat but neither of you can see the killer then it could cause some accidently sprint burst usage or pallet flops.

• LiveByNightTime
    LiveByNightTime Member Posts: 17

@KiraElijah said:
    I would like it if I could play splitscreen survivor with my friends, who else agrees?

the game would break like hell

• TheTimeMachine
    TheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
         It’s a modern-day phenomenon. Back then, splitscreen for video games was a common way for friends to hang out together. Now-a-days, with our increased knowledge and understanding of computers and better hardware; Splitscreen is still very simple and easy to put into games.
         ...Wait... what? 

(I’m no expert and I know I AM wrong but I do miss good ol’ same-screen playin’)
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

The main issue would be : the sound and the performance issues.
    Splitscreen is actually making performances even worse, that's the reason it has mostly been dropped on modern gaming.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Runiver said:
    The main issue would be : the sound and the performance issues.
    Splitscreen is actually making performances even worse, that's the reason it has mostly been dropped on modern gaming.

I love split screen, and hate it when it would’ve been a perfect addition to a game. But as it stands, it’d never work in dead by daylight.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@TrashMouse said:

But SWF is fair I guess?

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Game wasnt made for swf plus frame rate issues. We forget game was made for randoms
  • TheTimeMachine
    TheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
    Game wasnt made for swf plus frame rate issues. We forget game was made for randoms
    You sir/madam, are very admirable. An honest statement in all respects.
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

It would be cool, but the audio would be bananas. Trying to tell who the killer is close to or who's close to that injured survivor would be painful.

Also performance issues. You'd basically have to render everything twice.

And to a much lesser extent, some perks would sorta' be way more powerful with that. Like one person could run empathy and both survivors could see just by peeking at the other's screen.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    edited July 2018
    Have your friend bring their tv and console, set them up side by side ,and wear a headsets. There I fixed it for you. Swf meets same room.
  • slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943

If you think lag is an issue now... This would be a nightmare. Great idea but you'd need dedicated servers AND the ability to render active active on all players screens... Given that this is a game and not a tech company I highly doubt they could or would even pull it off. Innovation costs lots of money...