Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Can someone explain how this isn't bannable?

Ivaldi
Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

There's no way someone can say this doesnt give someone a massive advantage.

Comments

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

Oh yeah I use ReShade too it just makes the game look more colorful and less grey imo never really bothered with stretched res though that shits ugly. Most graphics cards can do filters themselves and I used to use those before I found out about ReShade. Nvidia cards have something simalar built in IIRC.

• Nomadd
    Nomadd Member Posts: 167

Not really, reshades can give you and advantage. For example Tarkov banned reshade, because it was possible to create settings that would make game brighter and you wouldn't have to use NVG or characters' models would be much easier to see. I don't know if those settings are doing it or not, but I don't think reshades should be allowed in multiplayer game, for that very reason.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

I just realized that people are giving this buffoon money too. What a ######### world.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I get it gives advantages (not that I'm completely innocent with my nvidia filters although nothing approaching this level) but I wouldn't really care if I went against someone using this, if this is what they need to win that's unfortunate but mostly for them

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Nah man, it just looks better. /s

That stretched res and filter makes the game look like #########.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

Tbh this looks like a detriment, looking at that would hurt my eyes. Also that looks like a game meant for gameboy color

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    edited May 2021

People really be out here trying to snatche wins even if it makes their game look like dirty toilet water.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Because people want DbD to be the next Siege and so play like it is.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,521

At first glance I thought it was 1992 Wolfenstein!

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

I've seen some pretty ugly tweaks for clarity and/or performance in DBD and other games before, but now I know what truly deep fried DBD looks like.

And I wish I didn't 🤮

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,750
    edited May 2021

Consolers like me that openly wonder if Crossplay is fair are usually told something like "there's no difference no advantage we all are playing the same game..." then da fuk is all this?

Also, why do these screenshots look like someone dropped their GameBoy in battery acid? ;)

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531

Yeeeeeah.

I'd rather lose than play the game looking that awful.

• deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 795

you guys sure this is an advantage thing and not a visually impaired thing? because this looks like the kind of distortion you need to see properly when you have eye trauma / a degenerative eye problem.

• Kharbarg
    Kharbarg Member Posts: 126

"Playing with whatever that is looks like punishment in itself honestly"

I agree

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Disgusting

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Who would actually want to watch someone stream that?! It looks awful.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,045
    edited May 2021

i honestly could not care any less about stretched. if someone wins a chase against me because they can see me a little more around the corner, oh well. i wouldn't know. it visually looks awful and so i choose not to use it because i don't care enough, but i really don't mind if someone else is using it.

I use filters because my eyes are strained without them and i get headaches. am i a cheater now?

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

The example OP gave is someone using a stretched resolution and graphical filters in order to gain an advantage where there should not be one.

How is this fair to vanilla players or to people who play on Console?

Nobody said that if you use them, you are automatically a cheater. What we have said is that, in this case (and most cases) they are being used to gain an advantage.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,045
    edited May 2021

just sharing my personal opinion, which is unpopular.

when playing against them, I wouldn't be able to tell. I lose the game, oh well, I didn't suspect a thing and don't care. I move on to the next match. A blatant cheater that's increasing their speed/repair times or something? Yeah, that's literally hacking. but this, I don't care. especially not the filters part. they barely give an advantage, it's mostly just stretched that will.

even then, if filters were bannable, that would be unfair to anybody that has a visual impairment or issues with headaches. I really don't care that timmythegamer in 1/100000 games that I'll play will have a slight visual advantage over me because he's got a filter if that means that people who literally wouldn't be able to play the game without filters can freely use them.

if stretched was bannable, cool. if it's not, cool. i don't really think it matters that much. i'd wager that an insanely small amount of people that play this game actually use it.

"What we have said is that, in this case (and most cases) they are being used to gain an advantage."

what would you like done about it?

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
    edited May 2021

Preferably, to include filter options in game, so that everyone has access to them and to ban the stretching of resolution.

• Rezblaze
    Rezblaze Member Posts: 843

Honestly, with how dark some of the maps are currently, like Badham and Autohaven, I'd put on a gamma filter as well. Those maps are so dark its damn near unplayable.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

My god.. im pretty sure using reshade in dbd is banneable as it is for other games that also use eac so... that guy won't be streaming for too long.

• notlonely
    notlonely Member Posts: 391

I play with maximum brightness because otherwise I can't see a thing and I can see how that is tiring my eyes. The game should be slightly brighter or either ######### rework Claudette.

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830

Wait til you find that survivor main who uses 1080x1080 with the game even brighter than this.

"It just looks better''

• FrndlyChnswSalzmn
    FrndlyChnswSalzmn Member Posts: 705

Nope. I play with the gamma turned up because otherwise maps are so dark I literally cannot navigate them.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,059

Probably. I mean, for me, it is already bad that low Settings give you an advantage by making the game brighter. This should not be the case. (It is not as bad as it was with Warthunder, when low Settings removed grass, which allowed to see tanks which would be hidden on high settings, but still.)

Personally, I dont really care about stretched res, since I have no way of knowing if the other side is using it, unless they are a Streamer. But if I see people who make their game look like #########, it is just sad.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

In-game brightness setting and FOV slider? Bad

Third party programs to make your game brighter and stretched resolution to let you see over loops you should not be able to see? Who cares

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,933

Yeah when you ask them why they play like that it's always:

"It's for looks and appearance"

And not the fact that it completely shuts down mindgames on most loops and gives you clear vision almost over the whole map.

I don't understand either how this isn't bannable yet.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

It isnt im pretty sure. People have been using it for ages and most gpus can do the same thing without reshade by just applying it to your whole PC.

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 440

Um. Might be a dumb question. I use native resolution but I do have NVIDIA filters. How similar are those to this ReShade thing? Is it bannable?

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Jesus christ thats ugly as sin.

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

Yeah having to look at that for more than 30 seconds would give me a headache.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

You can't be banned for using your gpu drivers. Not to mention nVidia has a policy to disable that funcionality for a specific game at devs' request.

Reshade is a little different, because it requires installing files in your game directory. If one day EAC decided to backlist them, you'd be flagged. It's never happened in dbd, afaik.