Do you hate spirit/play spirit poll

Options
bjorksnas
bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,263
edited May 2021 in Polls

Just a poll to see what people think about spirit, whether they hate spirit or don't hate spirit, while also if they do or don't play spirit, no judgement on anyone for what they pick just choose honestly, and if you care too explain your reasoning please do

Do you hate spirit/play spirit poll 109 votes

I hate spirit, and don't play spirit
40%
Techn0Nos37waffles4allBoosted_DwightYuisPinkBobMazoobiUistreelPlantCollectorBloodwebsHermitHannonMaxwellFFirebranddRiku_OdayakacrustyseleniumAwkward_FiendJay_WhyaskTeabaggingGhostfaceRattiusglitchboi 44 votes
I hate spirit, and I play spirit
16%
OnryosTapeRentalsDemiurgAven_FallenMert_MKP3ToxicLaurieMrPenguinMrsGhostfaceRothlonMadLordJackAkitoBabawizwizIlliterateGenocideCheeseAntonNoOneKnowsNovaBoobaBlupKarao_KePSP 18 votes
I like spirit, and I don't play spirit
4%
GibberishNemmy_WemmyShapedGannTM[Deleted User] 5 votes
I like spirit, and I play spirit
11%
AdelookodiakyBlueberryblue4zionmusstang62 Antares2332getuy45u4iuArialPika_BelleGladonosHaunterofShadowsn00binatiSirGando 13 votes
I'm neutral, and I don't play spirit
5%
kaeruGeneralVbjorksnasbm33piggygooikBigBall 6 votes
I'm neutral, and I play spirit
17%
White_OwlDimekTerrorUnleasheddoitagain_BeHasUTaigaanonymous31337Lx_maliceDawnMadChurchofPigJarolZestyDistortedDreamThr_ustViktor1853fogdonkeychilibiz[Deleted User]Hopeful_Songbird 19 votes
Other (who are you and why are you in my bathroom, ect)
3%
VolantConch1719TapeKnotTurtleSushiTVGGSlushy 4 votes

Comments

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417
    Options

I rarely play her. I personally don't mind playing against her, but I can see why others do.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672
    Options

I (sort of) main Spirit and I don't really mind going against her. I try not to use strong perks on her because I know how frustrating she can be to go against.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

I would say that I like to play with her, but NOT to play against her.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,999
    Options

I love going against spirit

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673
    Options

Easy to be good at and S Tier strong. Thats why I like to play her. Like how helpless survivors are, can't loop or sth like that

Hate playing against her literally bc of that.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,784
    Options

I play Spirit when I'm in a ######### mood or have been on a poor run of games so I can have an easy one.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,642
    Options

I play her really rarely. But I just dont like her, neither going against her nor playing her.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,263
    Options

Since you all were so nice so share your thoughts here's mine

Honestly I don't play spirit anymore unless I have a daily for her since her daily of use your power 4 times is one of the easiest in the game and leads for a quick match for some extra bp

however I don't always mind playing against a spirit since for some reason either I never face a spirit, or the spirits that I do face do weird things, like I just faced my first in a few months and they only phased like 3 times, and never in chase

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

I think I'm in this catagory, but I'm not entirely sure that one Spirit session every two or three months counts.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options
    I like spirit, and I don't play spirit

I used to play Spirit a lot. I stopped because her gameplay is so unfair but I’m still hoping they fix her so I can play her a lot again because she is my favorite killer.

• TapeKnot
    TapeKnot Member Posts: 248
    Options

I hate the lack of counterplay related to The Spirit, but I have played her when I needed a daily or one of her Archive challenges completed.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited May 2021
    Options

Kinda neutral on the subject. Overall I like Spirit, I just hate some of the things she can do (like the stand still "mindgame")

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

When I started I hated Spirit, thought she was just easy 4k. Now that I've played enough to know how to survive against a Spirit I don't mind going against her.

• TheDoctor1995
    TheDoctor1995 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Spirit is too overpowered at the moment and needs a nerf in all honesty.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,989
    Options

I want to like Spirit tbh.

• bowo
    bowo Member Posts: 121
    Options

hate is a bit of a strong word, but i dont enjoy playing as or against her.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,395
    Options

Playing her I'm just constantly thinking "wow, this is really dumb".

Playing against her I'm constantly thinking "wow, this is really dumb".

Playing as her I have much easier games with way less effort. It's a nice break from the rest of the killer roster being generally weak, but its too far.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

I used her to get rank 1 killer achievement. Since then I play her just for dailies.

I rarely play survivor and I don't mind playing against her.

• SoapNSpook
    SoapNSpook Member Posts: 151
    Options

She's really unfun, you can't even juke her!

• OG_Bambi
    OG_Bambi Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2021
    Options

lol these polls about overpowered killers and yet it is still a thing... i wonder sometimes what the devs are actually thinking when making/changing this game 🤣

• YuisPinkBob
    YuisPinkBob Member Posts: 353
    Options

I love the Spirit's concept and appearance. She's great but she's just too easy to play and very hard to play against. It just results in very unfun and boring gameplay for both sides. There's no skill with Spirit and you're basically guaranteed a 4K every time you play, especially when running Stridor and Sloppy Butcher (although it is mostly Stridor that provides the benefit). As soon as you're injured, that's it, game over, there is nothing you can do except hope that she somehow messes up.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

Loved her to death since day one, opinion will never change.

However, I guess I do have easier chases against her since I can always tell when she phases 🤷

They should make it more obvious for others, since it doesnt kill her when one can tell.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    Options

I don't main Spirit, but I played her enough to justifiably say I hate her (as a survivor main, I always try looking at Killer's POV before making a decision, so I always play Killer and see what it's like on their end before making a decision).

You get downs for doing nothing, survivors only hope are coin-flipping, I got too many kills and wins for only being Level 7 (Just played a match with 2 red ranks, a purple rank. and a brown rank, with only tier 1 Spirit Fury and Brutal Strength and got a 4K). She is way too easy for her power, and not fun across the board. Even though I hate Hag more, Spirit is not far behind and is easily second. I wish we got her father instead.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246
    Options

S-Tier and too easy to 4k with no addons.

I don't care if a killer is strong, I like Deathslinger, Huntress, Nurse, and Blight

But Spirit requires little to no effort on the part of the killer player, and can win games with minimal effort.

I have more respect for a camping and slugging Twins player than anyone who plays Spirit

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

Not surprised at all that most people who hate Spirit don't even play her. I'm neutral with her, I only have a couple problems with her but other than those I find her a very well made killer. But because of those problems, at the moment she isn't very fair to go against.

• BigBall
    BigBall Member Posts: 129
    Options

Im spirit

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,898
    Options

Not that I dont play spirit, I just rarely do.

Most Spirit mains I encounter complain that Spirit is one of the 3 viable killers in red rank. Which is simply false. As @TheClownIsKing can attest, even though Clown was arguably a bit weak and needed some changes, he was still viable in red ranks. Which just gives 1 of 2 arguments to why those players are saying Spirit is the only viable killer:

1. they are extremely unlucky in their matchmaking
    2. they were boosted into red ranks through Spirit alone, never had the chance to learn any significant killer decision making along the way and are complaining that killers are too weak and too hard when in actuality it's Spirit being too powerful and too easy.

Competitively seen, sure, Spirit is one of 3 killers that can hold their own well enough to catch survivors quick enough to get more than 1 kill. But red rank viable isnt competitive viable.

The devs just need to offer the competitive scene tools to select very specific maps that will always be the same(to remove structural RNG, no jungle gyms linking up with killer shack for example), where they can add or remove pallets to certain locations, where they can rotate structures. Where they can limit the use of specific perks, items and addons. That way the competitive scene can deal with balancing the competitive scene, while the devs can keep focus on the standard game.

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,517
    Options

The only killer that I haven't touched in over a year

• GGSlushy
    GGSlushy Member Posts: 61
    Options

I like spirit if i play her, i hate her if i play against it.