Blight being S tier shows the mob mentality tbh

Options

I've been saying for a while everyone only listens to youtubers. Like last month most people rated him C maybe B tier and now since one popular youtuber said hes S tier everyones following right after lol can you guys please form your own opinions.

Comments

• FrostySeal
    FrostySeal Member Posts: 606
    Options

People have been saying that he's an S tier Killer for a while, if not at the minimum a high A tier. The only reason why people were putting him that low is because no one really knew how to play him but once people started figuring him out they fixed their mistakes and rated him higher. If anyone puts him lower than an A tier now it's because they're bad as him.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

That's exactly what happens. Same as Myers has always been mid tier but suddenly a popular content creator said he's the worst killer and now suddenly the sheep have started saying the same.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,870
    Options

Bc you can now turn 180

• knight_killer
    knight_killer Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2021
    Options

If you had played the game for any significant amount of time you'd have realized Blight was insane at launch

• OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624
    Options

No, this forums still considers Twins to be the worst, it's Korean players who say Twins is OP.

And lmao, like people don't almost always cite Scott Jund for Spirit discussions, and how people listened to streamers on LB. The evidence is overwhelming that this community regurgitates the words of people who make videos.

• Momentosis
    Momentosis Member Posts: 824
    Options

The twins were absolute ######### at release. With the fixes, they quickly became strong, if used to camp and slug, and weak as ######### if you played "normal".

The twins are still incredibly weak though against good survivors. Like, literally the best Twins player couldn't beat the strong teams when matchmaking was being tested.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,982
    Options

As a Blight main, I never saw him as S-tier. He's strong, but I still think he's A-tier.

• Spy
    Spy Member Posts: 37
    Options

As a player who learned blight with ankle cam, he has always been good even great. People just didn't bother giving him a try because of ankle cam. Now that his POV is higher and better, people play him and rate him super high. He's always been A tier for me, and that's without any of the "techs" (z flicks which i despise).

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

Wait are you telling me that some people only listen to youtubers instead of forming their own opinions

and did you think of this yourself, no im assuming you listened to a youtuber say that some people just form the same opinions as the youtubers they watch instead of forming their own opinion and decided thats a good opinion and formed the exact same one

ironically making fun of people for doing the same thing tho, classic

please be better

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

I’ve never seen anyone have him below A tier, not sure where this is coming from?

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options

I've always said he had potential to be s teir with the fov change

And. Now he's gone even beyond

• Toblerone007
    Toblerone007 Member Posts: 598
    Options

It's likely from the extra mechanics he has accidentally introduced to him after they tried to remove the J-flick. He can 180 without increasing input sensitivity. He is an absolute monster on short loops. Of course, his skill cap is among the highest. He has hit pressure as much as the other S tier killers. That's why I'd say he's now S tier. That's my opinion.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747
    Options

I think he's A tier. S tier are for killers that won't struggle against good loopers with meta perks.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414
    Options

I've mained him ever since he first came out and he's easily the 2nd best killer in the game. Only surpassed by Nurse. The FOV change was nice but by then I had already played him so much that it didn't matter.

His biggest weakness right now is similar to Nurse, where there's certain parts of the map where your power doesn't work. You just slide right off stuff when you shouldn't. So like Nurse you need to painstakingly memorise which parts of the map are bounce friendly and which parts aren't.

But once you put in the time to do that you become an absolute monster that can land hits in almost any loop in the game, traverse the map at insane speeds, and definitely deserves a spot in "S" tier.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Options

Blight is A-Tier. S-Tier means you ignore everything about what the survivors can do against you. Blight can be pallet looped and he can't turn on a dime still. Good A-Tier. S-Tier will ALWAYS be Nurse.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

It's a mistake to believe anyone on here without knowing their true skill level. And just because a killer is good, it doesn't mean everyone can be good with them. A lot of people have their own skill cap that they can't pass.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497
    Options

A top tier Blight is on the same level as a top tier Spirit, he is S tier and I didn't need any idiot media personality to tell me that, I experienced it first hand. He is without a doubt in the top 3, I honestly don't know if I would rate him above Spirit or below, they are so close at that level.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

ive always viewed him as a strong killer (though i have to admit i underestimated him quite a bit when he first released, but that changed prety quickly)

i dont necessarily agree with him being S-Tier, but he is definitely somewhere in A-Tier together with powerhouses such as Oni or Huntress.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

We've known he was strong, but it wasn't until after the pov change that people started caring.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    Options

As soon as I saw this topic I thought "let me guess, a Youtuber said that Blight is S tier".

What do you know.

• onemind
    Options

Not ph but yeah spirit was pretty bad on ptb with some buffs s teir

• onemind
    Options

Blight can play the 3rd best generic tile You can make jungle gyms with the short window 50/50 by hitting the wall if you think they go for the window hit the wall behind the window and if they dont you can take another like 20/80 if they go for the pallet hit the wall to your right and run for the pallet

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Options

S-Tier is reserve for those who literally ignore all tiles. Nurse is the only one who can do that. Spirit is just bullshit since you can't see her. Blight is a Top A but will never be S-Tier. S-Tier is God Tier meaning a good Nurse can NEVER be beat by any means. Blight can still be beaten but not easily.

• Avignon
    Avignon Member Posts: 133
    Options

mmmm debateable in the sens that if Spirit is S so is Blight, definetly. If you only consider Nurse to be S, then yeah

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

people who couldnt wrap their head around him when he first came out have just assumed that he's bad since then and now that people are realizing he's in fact kinda nuts so now its all because the youtubers and no one can form their own opinion or anything, its weird.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    Options

?? Just because a couple of forum members said he sucks, doesn't mean the general consensus was that.

Blight is a very strong killer, and always has been.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

s tier with the still present exploit thanks to terrible coding skills and a tier if they ever fix it.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911
    Options

Blight has always been at least A tier, now that people have learned him loads of people now call him S tier.

Is it because of content creators? Not necessarily, at the end of the day they have loads of experience and there is nothing wrong with respecting their opinions and ideas.

Doesn't mean we should religiously follow anything they say however.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,629
    Options

I rated him A-Tier since he came out. And I dont think he is S-Tier, he is at the Top of A-Tier, potential of Top 5-Killer, but thats about it.

But you are right, there is quite a mentality of people following the opinions of Streamers and Youtubers. Which makes it question if they have an own opinion on their own, but eh.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

People underrated him until a few streamers started saying that he is potentially the 3rd best Killer.

I thought that before it got popular. With enough practice, he is extremely lethal.