Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

My Prediction: Soon you will hate Blight

Title. People are learning to play him now that he isn't buggy and doesn't have ankle cam. As the Killer plyers get better with him, Survivors will start getting brutally crushed and eventually he will be as hated as any other common, reasonably-strong Killer.

This is how the DbD gameplay cycle goes:

1. Killer comes out and is trash-tier
  2. Killer gets forgotten for six months to a year
  3. Killer gets buffed
  4. Killer players start playing and get good.
  5. Survivors decide they hate the Killer because Survivors can't stand losing. Killer gets nerfed and is never played again.
  6. Another old Killer gets buffed back to relevance and a new Trash Tier Killer is released or created from overnerfing.
  7. Repeat step 1

Comments

• FrndlyChnswSalzmn
    FrndlyChnswSalzmn Member Posts: 705

Give it time. It won't happen instantly, Killer mains take time to suss out who's a viable and fun Killer. But it will happen in the next month or so.

• Rullisi
    Rullisi Member Posts: 392

I thought they added some max turn speed thing for Blight but it seems that now people can turn with him as if he was Oni, I don't get it.

• Shooby
    Shooby Member Posts: 226

I'd love more community access to playtime statistics, because two weeks ago I would've said I queue into Huntresses the most, and now I have been queueing into Blights all the time. His renaissance has me convinced that if he keeps getting consistent playtime, and if his skill ceiling keeps getting higher, he may just get a balance change before Nurse simply because he is easier to tweak.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

I already do. I'm useless with his rushing. Don't know how I got his Adept. Bloody bouncy ball.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935

Most of the time I get respected when I play Blight. He is hard, just like Nurse. Some people respect that and don't get salty at everything.

And I'd consider myself a decent Blight, I rarely lose a match, and when I do it's either Survivors playing out of their mind or me just messing up my rushes so bad that it costs me the match.

I also rarely M1 with him, I rush pretty much in every chase, at every loop and with every chance I get. That's how you get better at Blight. You risk using your Power and it works most of the time.

But I also never complain when I play against one, because I understand that Blight requires a huge amount of practice.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

I'm surprised there hasn't been constant bitching about Myers's two ultra rare add-ons, I was predicting that to be the next thing on people's minds.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Honestly the killers are hardly ever the issue, I can run most killers a long time but my teammates drop like flies. I hate hag and trapper most though, but for me the real killer is my team... I don't expect much but I expect them to do gens and actually try...

• FrndlyChnswSalzmn

Yep, it'll come, too. Survivors swear they like to run but they hate aura reading and instant moris because it kills stealth. They want the best of both worlds. honestly, if survivors had their way Killers would have no powers or addons and no lunge.

• odra
    odra Member Posts: 369

nah i prefer nurse or blight way way much than spirit. anyway blight is hard to learn like nurse and if you got chase by him its fun, unlike spirit.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    1. Only morons thought Blight was bad week 1.
    2. blight was in the top 3/4 of most tier lists by lots of killer players
    3. I wouldn't call a QOL issue like his FOV change a buff as his power has not changed, outside of his power he's now a basic M1.
    4. There were already a TON of good Blights. The problem is a lot of killer want easy wins and instead play Spirit and Freddy or Leatherface thanks to their lower skill ceilings.
    5. There are survivors that will hate any killer that is strong, and there are survivors that won't. This will never change.
  • GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

I've hated him since day 1 so join the club other people

• just_teme
    just_teme Member Posts: 195

"Survivors decide they hate the Killer because Survivors can't stand losing. Killer gets nerfed and is never played again."

This sentence is so delusional that it has to be a bait.

• Spy
    Spy Member Posts: 37

Yeah, im certain we will see a rise in blights, since we all know that nobody bothered to try him before he got a higher cam. I learned him with the ankle cam and i never got any backlash, but now that he has been buffed, people call me a trash player for using a op killer.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

It's true, I've always hated him for having the menu theme he never deserved. But I guess he doesn't realize how beautiful it is given how he leaks spit out of his mouth like a... never mind.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Blight has even more bugs now than before, and console players don't quite have the turning of PC.

Not to mention the fact that he's considerably harder than Nurse to learn to achieve a similar level of no-counterplay.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

He is still hella buggy what are you on about?

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291

On certain maps he is still buggy but imo after the last change Blight is peaking on being a bit too strong but we'll see. Main thing I want confirmation on is the exploits on him are fixed then I can judge his power.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

"trash tier killer"

didnt realize PH, DS, Oni, Plague, Legion, Spirit, Pig, Huntress, Doctor, Nurse, Billy, Myers, Blight, Trapper and Twins were trash tier on release.

Twins took time to learn, as she has a very unique ability that makes her the only killer who can have area pressure on 2 seperate positions of the map. The only way to have pressure on seperate positions of the map is running Ruin and having survivors hooked across the map.

Blight, while having terrible POV, was far from trash. Annoying to play, sure, but trash? Never. Billy, well, never trash.

Trapper, sure, now he might be considered quite trashy, but back in the day when the only way infinites could be prevented by traps? Trapper was the god of the original trio back then.

Doctor, again, not trash. He became relatively trash when more big maps outside swamp were released. But he was one of the stronger killers.

Plague, well, still is probably one of the most reliable killers to get 4k's with consistently.

PH was literally god tier that he needed 3 nerfs in a relatively short time to counter the very toxic playstyles that people used on him.

Deathslinger, while he has relatively weak mappressure, his 1v1 has always been strong enough to counter that weakness on the vast majority of maps, and, yknow, otherwise can use perks to compensate for that weakness or make his strength even stronger.

Oni, never been trash.

Legion, absolute god on release.

Spirit, never been bad, even gained buffs she needed at the time to deal with certain maps, but honestly, those buffs can be fully reverted at the moment.

Pig, still isnt even close to trash, the worst alteration is that after the 5th gen, her traps become totally worthless(they should at least block the exit gate temporarily when hit/downed to allow a pick up, getting the same use as Victor), but she's far from trash.

Nurse, never been trash, arguably still too powerful for the current state of the game, never been in a state where she didnt absolutely dominate.

Huntress, godtier on release.

Myers, also godtier on release. He has been the first killer to be gutted. Yes, that's how powerful Myers was. He was so powerful he needed to be gutted before they even touched Nurse or Huntress(who, may I remind you, could use Tinkerer with her addons to basically be what Plague is today).

I think it's actually due to the fact that killers have been godlike on release, that the devs are too scared to put a new killer in the game without making them weak enough to actually have counterplay. I'd pretty much guarantee you, that the Resident Evil killer will be underpowered on the PTB. Which is actually better than overpowered, because when a killer is underpowered, their flaws are shown more consistently, but when a killer is overpowered, its hard to locate what exactly makes them overpowered. Is it just their ability, their range, their addons, a combination of both, certain perks having an unexpected effect, etc. Yet, when they are underpowered, its very easy to tell if its due to a lack of range, speed, power etc. Trickster, while still might need some tiny tweaks now, only really needed his spread removed and his initial speeds upped. The lacaration decay timer being increased was just a bonus.

So I am honestly hoping the killer gets released in a very disappointing state, because on the long term, he or she will be a very consistent, useful and balanced killer.

"but they cant compete in tournaments" So? What tournaments has Behaviour launched that makes this game a tournament game? Tournaments have only been hosted by 3rd party people. DBD is not a tournament game.

"but it is being balanced like one" Is it tho? Is it really? Because they have altered a LOT, yet, how much did the tournament settings change? If it was being balanced like a tournament, you would expect more variety. This game needs balancing for the purpose of not being too much in favor of any side, but it doesnt need to be balanced towards tournaments. People play this game casually a lot more than they play it competitively. Balancing the game purely for competitive reasons will just make players disappear from this game.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618

As if.

Blight feels very fun to face as he is very intense to be chased by.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

pretty sure the general consensus is that Blight is very fun to face, aside from exploits and every blight running ruin/undying/tinkerer

i dont think blight will ever be complained about, aside from killers complaining about slam collision (which is fair)

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Of course people will, players already hate every killer for their own reasons.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651

Blight won't be truly strong until they fix the sliding problem he still has on so many maps. It currently makes him too inconsistent and annoying to play. His recent changes are still very welcome though, and he feels playable now.

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526

My only fear is that DBD is pushing more and more fast mobility. Look at Wraith now, he go ZOOM and, you can't see him until he's on top of you. Spirit ZOOMS, Nurse ignores everything, Tinkerer on Freddy is just dumb.

All of the S tier Killers are really mobile, to the point that other Killers seem weak by not being able to do that.

Demo's mobility is balanced by set-up and can be sabotaged by Survivors, Hag as well.

• FrndlyChnswSalzmn

Not surprising, though. Survivors wanna run run run so Killers need to be able to keep up or they just lose. Killers who can win by having a way to prevent the Shift + W strategy by some other means (Deathslinger says hi) are widely hated as 'no skill' killers. Survivors dislike anything that prevents them from winning every game by doing literally nothing. They made the game the way it is; we just gotta live with it.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

My prediction is that you will hate Nemesis before Blight.

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526

Well, of course Survivors are going to run away. As long as the Killers base Speed is higher and, with Blood lust mechanics, you should be able to catch any survivor without moving 150%.

It gives Survivors a small chance in every chase to find something to save them, that chance decreases as pallets are used, people die, ect.

Of course the Killer needs to have an edge, a trick, ect. and, I really don't mind "losing". I play matches every day that are good matches, I had fun and, died. Particular Killers and builds become Meta. Killers run them because they "win". So who is all uptight about winning?

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited May 2021

Blight had huge issues on the PTB and needed some buffs/bug fixes.

Blight was broken on release and had to be nerfed.

He has since been regarded as balanced and fun for both sides.

And then a bug came to be that removed counterplay.

In removing this bug, they actually made people who abused this bug have an even easier time doing what shouldn't be possible, by accident, thus further removing counterplay against those who abuse said mechanic.

He's going to be awful to face soon as a result, but he's super fun otherwise.

• SyndromeOfaDown
    SyndromeOfaDown Member Posts: 13

what, are you perpetually at rank 16 or something? When you're getting red rank killers, it's nurse, blight, nurse, blight, huntress, blight

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615

Finally, I see someone make a post that hits the nail on the head.

Unless you're abusing J/Z-Flick, Blight can do some pretty whacky stuff in the right hands.

I run STBFL, not because I use M1 that often, but if Survivors play smart, the counterplay to Blight feeds into my strength in the endgame.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

With the start of match aura perk that came with Nemesis, I can see more people playing Blight

• FrndlyChnswSalzmn

K. I'll be over here, being right. Again.

Soon as the Nemesis furor dies down, Blight will get his turn on the chopping block. Survivors don't like losing, ever. Even if it's completely fair. They will start the 'Nerf Blight' campaign soon.

• SyndromeOfaDown
    SyndromeOfaDown Member Posts: 13

then you haven't been there in forever if you've seen blight less than 10 times.