In the new autoban system, will facecamping first hook be bannable?

Options
JPA
JPA Member Posts: 1,685

Asking for a friend

Comments

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

just like Mandy said, we have not gottan much information on it yet.

however, if it really works the way they described it to work in the stream, purely existing could be a bannable offense.

So i really hope there is either going to be a huge catch that prevents the abuse of this auto ban system or that they just wont go through witth it at all.

• taimea
    taimea Member Posts: 84
    edited May 2021
    Options

yah but if the auto ban like report for unsportsmanlike...how it going to know the reason was camping XD lol heck killer can report for not dying fast enough and i could say report someone for not living long enough, they went down to fast. killer only went affter me in the match. he dare to kill me when i was opening the gate. the list could go on.

think the fears are a red flag that a auto ban thing is bad... unless if you report to many times in a day you get ban... or a warning. or keep the bans the way they are but have a page that goes in to more example of what is a ban for unsportsmanlike

like new people will se body blocking is report and be like well this person stop me from hooking ...but it means when you block them in and they are stuck there for a long time.

• JPA
    Options

True, but I just face camped and got a 3K on Haddonfield and they said "enjoy your report Killer", so it's not like the community reads these rules, how will the system differentiate these reports?

Oh wai- I mean my friend just face camped

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,994
    Options

yeah were going to get mass reported for these things and if the thing works as simply as they put it. yeah.

• JPA
    Options

Actually on top of reporting me, they managed to bypass the swear filter when they insulted me by putting a space between the two syllables of the word bastard, and replacing the second a with an e.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Only the ones such as 'working with the killer' 'AFK' Unsporting behaviour, bullying, harassment. Game related incidents like camping or tunneling won't be affected imo

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

If enough people report you for it yes, if you receive enough reports about anything you will just get insta banned according to the dev stream.

• JordanMalicious
    JordanMalicious Member Posts: 383
    Options

Being camped sucks, especially on first hook...but do people actually report killers for doing it?!

• JPA
    Options
  • taimea
    edited May 2021
    Options

sure they do they hit the report button and hit one of the 4 areas witch my guess would be in the trolling spot and I did hear if you get enough of those then you get a ban even before this auto ban stuff but that could be a lie. a friend has done it lots of times and i may have done a few if i remmember right. tough end game and not killed anyone or only 2 left i say is fine camping

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

Hopefully not, but if it works the way they've implied than playing the game will be bannable.

• taimea
    Options

yep they want to stop the toxic but if it works the way people think all they are doing is giving them more power to be toxic .

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 1,923
    Options

If the autoban system gets implemented as they say, literally anything will be bannable, since the automatic system will only consider the number of reports.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,736
    edited May 2021
    Options

I feel like this only really applies to pc tho, I don't think any console has the ability to say specifics. We can only press the button of which category and that's the report. Which imo that should be fixed because without knowing why we're reporting they don't know if we actually did something reportable or someone's crying about a facecamping Bubba or someone who tbagged in the gates.

Like seriously, if you're console, with the fact that you can't give specifics it would technically be possible to get banned for bm'ing or camping.

• JPA
    Options

lol your friend does it too? maybe we got the same friend

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,119
    Options

If you do it every game and those survivors report you for "exploiting".

• JPA
    Options

OK

I can't wait to get banned tbh, release me from this prison

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 478
    Options

The fact that they could tell us the worrisome bit that they did yet can't give us any more assuring info makes me think I should save my money on this chapter just in case... Might not play dbd for a while once it's implemented just to see what happens with it first. That is, unless they can communicate with their community and give us a reason to believe their system won't flop like similar ones have in other games

• JPA
    Options

Yeah honestly I might pick up the RE chapter if it is a regular DLC price, as some of the new gameplay features like zombies and interesting perks make me think it might change things up, however if it has a premium price just because of the Resi branding, I'm ready to give this game a long break and watch from afar.

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843
    Options

What happen if the killer camp 5 lobby in a row and get report for toxic will he get autoban because if its the case i think this system should come to live

• Mr_K
    Options

If I were to guess, it will probable cost the same as Stranger Things chapter.

• JPA
    Options

What if a SWF escapes 5x in a row and teabags low levelled Killers at the exit each time? Will they also get banned for being toxic?

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

This autoban system proposal seems like it has a ton of downside and very little upside. Based on my experience, a vast majority of the true toxicity in the game comes from the post-game chat, and the devs have already done things to address that. The other bannable stuff that happens in-game is very rare. It’s a guarantee that stuff like camping, tunneling, slugging, etc that are all supposedly non-bannable are going to get reported on a massive scale using this new system. The devs are responding to complaints about “toxicity” with this sledgehammer approach while seemingly ignoring the reality that a lot of complaints about “toxicity” are really complaints about things that they have already said many times are legit strategies. While this system may indeed better help prevent in-game bannable stuff, it’s also has the possibility of creating a gigantic new problem of people getting reported constantly for legit gameplay tactics

• bibibib8
    Options

Here is the issue lets say i get the same group 5 time in a row they report me for camping i report and i report them for toxic who is more likely to get ban the killer who get 20 report or the survivor who get 5 report.

Dont forget 4 survivor can report the killer so after each match the killer will get 4 report and the killer can only report each survivor 1 time so each survivor will only get 1 report.

That my biggest issue with the auto ban system. The good thing now we will know when someone is affect by our report because honestly right now i dont think the report do anything even if they say it does i find it hard to believe

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,751
    edited May 2021
    Options

I had a match against a three-man SWF where one went down, they crawled under the shack pallet, and the other two came over and proceeded to loop me around the shack for like, ever. Everyone ended up bleeding out in the end.

I'm sure at least the three-man would've reported me for unsportsmanlike behavior, even though they basically forced me to play that way. I'm sure three reports alone wouldn't get someone banned, but that crap adds up quick if you play killer. Will the Autoban system really know if you were reported for playing the game versus doing something actually toxic? What's even considered toxic? I thought bannable things are more exploits, griefing, and cheating, anyway, and cheating has a zero-tolerance policy, not a get-reported-40-times-and-then-we-care policy. Toxicity is usually considered more post-game behavior, and there's the nutty chat censor that's supposed to be handling that.

What is the Autoban feature meant to ban for, and how will it know if the reports are genuine? That's my question.

• JPA
    Options

It sounds like we are in agreement then, I was asking you about the SWF because in your original post it sounded to me like you were happy with a Killer getting banned for facecamping 5 lobbies in a row (you said you wanted the system to go live)

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

Not much I'd report killer for unless they're abusing a bug.

I'm looking forward to reporting disconnectors and first hook suicides though.

• JPA
    Options

Whilst I agree disconnects and first hook suicides suck, your comment just points out how flawed this system will be due to false reports.

It is explicitly stated (on the forum and I think the report page in-game) that you shouldn't report for disconnectors, given the penalty system already handles that, and I'm also not even aware of suiciding on hook is a report-able offense (someone correct me if I'm wrong). You never know the context anyway, someone could have something more important to deal with IRL, and simply go AFK and their character will die as a result.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

If something comes up and you get reported once, who cares? You don't get auto banned after one report.

I highly doubt that the majority of players that give up early had something come up out of the blue. Most that do that are just sore losers that ruin the game for everyone else.

People talk about solo play being hell. The majority of games that I feel suck are games where someone quits because they can't tolerate that they got hooked first, or the hit box sucked, or God knows what other BS reason to just quit.

But it happens quite frequently. It ruins matches as killer too, btw.

• Mr_K
    Options

Killers only have one vote to cast. Would take 4x as long.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,139
    Options

A system that automatically bans you based on number of reports is totally able to figure out if your reports are for one of those things.

• Kharbarg
    Kharbarg Member Posts: 126
    Options

I don't want to camping becomes a banneable issue.

I only hope new autoban system punishes dcings, 1st time hook suicides, afk killers and survivors who help killers intencionally.

• JPA
    Options

The reason I'm bringing up the chat filter is I'm pointing out if that system is so easy to bypass, maybe we shouldn't automate something that can literally ban people from playing the game they paid for, especially considering it's an ONLINE ONLY game!!!

Exactly! So we'd see more Killers banned, and If this is actually implemented, then we'd just end up an even worse queuing situation than we already do have.

Yeah fair point

• bibibib8
    Options
  • El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

It doesn’t matter if face camping etc is not bannable, because people will simply lie. Do we really expect these types of people, who are using the autoban system as a weapon, to be honest in their reports?

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

yes - this exactly. Proves the point that people are going to be submitting report for things that either are already being addressed through an existing system or things that are supposedly not bannable offenses

• coldestwinter123
    coldestwinter123 Member Posts: 99
    Options

this is just weaponizing toxic behavior for no reason. Broski the amount of times people lose a game have their Salt levels at their peaks will just report you out of spite regardless if you broke code of conduct or not. Also in this game ITS LITERALLY 1v4 like do you realize you are by the games format upseting 4 players at once. When you are only one person? XD like imagine you are getting T-baged all game mousewheel flashlight clicked and then trolled at exit gates(these are toxic behaviors that i do no appriciate but i do not find them ban worthy either) Then you report them and it counts as 1report. If you tunnel or camp they get butthurt Boom 4 reports XD .

can anyone explain to me how can an automated system vet for malevolence and malicious reports that has nothing to do with what actually happened? Even if we don't know what the actual system is can you even think of a method where False reporting wouldn't affect it? What if a guy is like toxic for 3out of 10 games but were falsely reported in 4 games because he camped or w/e now suddenly he has 4 games of unjust reports from lets say 3 people, and then 3 games from 3people that person then gets banned by an automated system, would that really be just and what the community wants?

On GOD i hope this system gets implemented and people get unjustly banned just to see the backlash. Because as far as i know ANY game that uses systems like these are still considered immensely toxic and find even more sleezy ways to be toxic to skirt the system.

• JPA
    Options

"can anyone explain to me how can an automated system vet for malevolence"

Spoiler, it cannot, and that is why everyone is worried about this!

Even if they recorded all the games somehow, you'd still have to get a human to watch it back, and then you'd still have the problem that it is a human making the final judgement, so their judgement will be subjective. But then the whole point is it is an "auto-ban", so it's supposed to be done without human (corrupt) intervention. Literally I don't think even someone like Google could solve this issue, technically speaking.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 884
    Options

Autoban systems only work when it's well thought out. Like in Counter-Strike for example, you have a "Trustfactor" in the background, which goes down when you're mindlessly reporting people all the time.

If it's a simple system (x amount of reports -> ban for y hours) it will be HIGHLY abuseable.

As others already said, in this case players playing "toxic" (camping and tunneling all the time) will get banned even though they made nothing wrong in terms of game rules. I got so many aftergame chats where people where threaten to report me for tunneling, slugging, camping, whatever... last week someone allegedly reported me because i bodyblocked a pallet with cloaked Wraith - yes, i'm not kidding. Even the other survivors chimed in and told that person to shut up because it's how you play this killer.