So Devs say to us...

We make a fun killer to play but no a killer to kill even tho that the whole point of the killer, but I will like to hear your opinion on that.

Comments

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

Correct.

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810

They literally talked about how if you want to win, play hillbilly or nurse or some other killer. They are perfectly aware of this and they are probably going to tweak him a bit before release.

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

@ReneAensland said:
    There's also no Horror aspect to this killer.

That the problem he/she can bring the horror back with that power but devs keep him/her back for no other reason that bomb review.

• DarkGGhost

@ReneAensland said:
    If you want my money. Give me a better killer.
    A competent killer. I'm not asking for a Billy or Nurse.

And no one asks ( at least with a brain) but give us something to work with you can say we make a week killer only to have fun at low ranks (20-10).

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Only comes across as fun if the survivors play into the killer's style. Once a player actually gets to competitive ranks it will swap for stress. It will be difficult to capitalize on the power when the counter is already a component of gen rushing.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

You realize he can still down Survivors, right? His power only works while active. He can still attack normally. You don't have to activate the power every time you see someone, indeed it works on a meter so you won't always have it. You can just attack.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited November 2018
    Tsulan said:
    Killer is supposed to be scary enough to make the chase fun for survivors. While not being a real threat. 

So legion is exactly what the devs envisioned for killers .

Btw, he's the second clown killer...
    Atleast Clown can take out survivors rather quickly if played good and on a map that favors him.

Legion is quite the opposite.
  • βLAKE
    βLAKE Member Posts: 544

I think the intention of The Legion was to give killers a taste of how it feels to be a survivor with the running animation and vaulting and not so much of making a horror killer because I mean lets face it we have two horrifying killers in The Spirit and The Clown so why not change it up a bit and make a killer that is more human.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    I find each killer to be horrifying in their own way. The only killer. The legion reminds me of The purge which is why I find is scary and fun. 

And I agree not everyone plays this game to just win all the time. I personally don’t care if I win or lose. The game itself is fun. 
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,855

@DarkGGhost said:
    We make a fun killer to play but no a killer to kill even tho that the whole point of the killer, but I will like to hear your opinion on that.

Can anyone translate this for me? I don't speak nonsense.

• JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495

He should have no TR like the Pig.
  • AmorePrincess
    AmorePrincess Member Posts: 220

Maybe since this killer is more human, the horror aspect is more the feeling that this can actually be happening in real life? I mean, psycotic teenagers has been a thing forever.
    Maybe they tried to go for that kind of horror, that you would feel as if this could happen in real life. I dunno, but it gets under my skin, because I know a nurse wont come flying towards me at night unless I really took a wrong turn somewhere, haha.
  • Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
    Alot of pro dbd youtubers are saying that the legion is trash they cant ignore that they have to fix and buff him or there gonna get review bombed as hell
  • mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

A lot of killers are trash, I wouldnt depend on the devs fixing their game after inventing a bad killer.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

it's really sad, he has a lot of potential

• G0odNess
    G0odNess Member Posts: 45

@Coriander said:
    You realize he can still down Survivors, right? His power only works while active. He can still attack normally. You don't have to activate the power every time you see someone, indeed it works on a meter so you won't always have it. You can just attack.

yeah, you can, at 110% speed, lol

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    They also acknowledged the fact that numbers do need to be tweaked............ yes McCote stated its only fair for the legion to have difficulty ending the chase but after watching the stream I've confidence that they'll adjust them...... if you're reading this devs apologies because I was in the group that was.... well raging lol...
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Tsulan said:
    Killer is supposed to be scary enough to make the chase fun for survivors. While not being a real threat. 

So legion is exactly what the devs envisioned for killers .

Btw, he's the second clown killer...
    Atleast Clown can take out survivors rather quickly if played good and on a map that favors him.

Legion is quite the opposite.
    And no one plays the clown anymore. At least I haven't seen him in ages.
  • DarkGGhost
    Coriander said:

The problem with that is you have to chase the survivors but with 110% you get loop for so much time and for that alone you can lose the hole game ( because of that you may not have fun ).
  • Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    edited November 2018
    Coriander said:

Let's look at the other slow killers
    Hag, Spirit, Huntress, Nurse
    All these killers have 1 thing in common
    You never chase without your power
    You might say it's only 5% slower but if you work out the numbers
    Survivor: 4 m/s
    115%: 4.6 m/s
    110%: 4.4 m/s
    Wich means standert killers gain ground at 0.6 m/s and slow killers at 0.4 m/s
    That's 33% slower
    And that's in a straight line
    The difference in hitboxes loopers use amplifies this even more
    For slow killers chasing without your power is not an option
  • Oooooof
    Oooooof Member Posts: 109

The new killer is good against toxic loopers, but his not OP. They want to slow the game down and thats what the new killer do with his power because they need to Mend and then heal.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Oooooof said:

The new killer is good against toxic loopers, but his not OP. They want to slow the game down and thats what the new killer do with his power because they need to Mend and then heal.

Except people have found out that you don't need to heal at all
    Taking away any pressure Legion could put on survivors
  • DarkGGhost
    But with this logic the killer need a ton of toxic buff so they can play the game otherwise just create a AI to be the killer and all the problems there.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Theres no more "horror" aspect to the trapper either then tbh...

I feel like there was a movie that was well received in the horror genre that had multiple people as a singular killer...or am I mistaken?
  • He looks fun to use, that’s all I care about. Not every killer needs to be S tier. 
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited November 2018

Not every killer has to be top tier as others have said fun mechanics can be more important, I do think they could do with some tweaking but due to what they can do in M2 its going to be a very fine line.

Personally it looks like a killer designed to advertise Death Garden, the look and movement seem very similar.

• M2Fream
    M2Fream Member Posts: 288
    He looks fun to use, that’s all I care about. Not every killer needs to be S tier. 
    I agree with that.

But at the same time, not every killer needs to e C tier too. We already got

Clown
    Hag
    Spirit
    Doctor
    To fill up the mid-tier. And

Trapper
    Freddy
    Wraith
    Pig
    To fill up the low tier.

We're all just saying that the top tier
    Nurse
    Billy
    Myers

Could have used another killer before one of those lists got yet another mediocre killer.

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

@DarkGGhost said:
    But with this logic the killer need a ton of toxic buff so they can play the game otherwise just create a AI to be the killer and all the problems there.

Yeah like why not just make this game a 4 person COOP game? I mean with their thought process it's what they want rather than a 4v1.

• DarkGGhost

They don't know how to balance the game

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

Mend should be a healing action. You can't mend without SC, or someone else assisting.
    Done.

The killer has potential.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited November 2018

@DarkGGhost said:

Yeah like why not just make this game a 4 person COOP game? I mean with their thought process it's what they want rather than a 4v1.

Because they need to balance around communicating survivors, and they basically can't right now.

They don't have a huge choice though. SWF, and third party chat systems already make the game a 4 person coop.

And since the game isn't balanced for it, well, it makes things harder on the killer.
  • DarkGGhost

@Rebel_Raven so back to the point why don't change the game either give an AI and say we have to mode ( AI and PVP) or make the game to give the same ( as much possible ) info to the player and the swf.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

@Rebel_Raven so back to the point why don't change the game either give an AI and say we have to mode ( AI and PVP) or make the game to give the same ( as much possible ) info to the player and the swf.

I'd like a vs AI mode for killer and survivors. I know they could do it, but probably wouldn't until they need to jump the shark, so to speak.

To give solo survivors as much information as SWFs have  a lot of perks would be part of the base kit.
    They would know how many totems are left, where the gens are, where the killer is at almost all times, and more.
    How do you balance that?
  • DarkGGhost

@Rebel_Raven my idea is if they don't play with swf give randoms info about the game within 1 min or so

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    M2Fream said:
    He looks fun to use, that’s all I care about. Not every killer needs to be S tier. 
    I agree with that.

But at the same time, not every killer needs to e C tier too. We already got

Clown
    Hag
    Spirit
    Doctor
    To fill up the mid-tier. And

Trapper
    Freddy
    Wraith
    Pig
    To fill up the low tier.

We're all just saying that the top tier
    Nurse
    Billy
    Myers

Could have used another killer before one of those lists got yet another mediocre killer.

But spirit & hag > myers

And wraith > doctor
  • friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

devs: we will rework freddy its at the top of our prioritys
    killer mains: sounds fair
    next day

devs: we have Nerfed freddy added a new killer with nothing much to offer and gave survivors everything they wanted

killermains:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsvP0gluTew