Can someone explain to me why do I deserve to lose because of RNG?

I'm infuriated. Just had a 35 minutes match with Huntress that should have ended on the first 5 minutes. The survivors were awful, none of them could stay alive for 5 seconds, most of them got hooked several times, they wouldn't heal and they didn't do a single gen. They even refused to unhook each other until last minute or would let people die on hook for no reason at all since i wasn't even nearby.

But they used a hatch offering in the main building. So what happens, I kill 2 guys, I hook the 3rd guy, find the 4th and hook him in the main building where the hatch is. 3rd guy Kobes, 4th guy dies, hatch spawns. Ok, I stand on top of the hatch since the guy who kobed is on the other side of the map (that asarov's map that's super long) camping the door right next to him, which I can't get there fast.

Game goes on for 30 minutes, the dude refuses to leave that door and I get bored, so I closed it. I walk towards that door, as a 110% speed killer, boom, door already open and I get t-bagged by a guy who couldn't do a single gen.

I have to spend hours upon hours to "git gud", specially as huntress, the hatchets I hit in that match were amazing. And what do I get as reward? A 35 minutes match and a loss. And it's not the first time this kind of thing happens to me. I should have just went to watch a movie since the dude had 5 gens to do by himself and no intention of doing them.

This game sucks. Worst part his entire team was watching him and started to trash talk him in the end game chat since the dude did nothing but let everyone die the whole game. Yet what happens? He won.

Very cool BHVR, no wonder your killer queues are so long, have fun with your new flash grenades, autoban system and "moris are toxic so we'll remove them".

Comments

• Schardon
    Schardon Member Posts: 177

First of all - you didn't lose at all. He probably lost even after escaping because he most likely de-pipped if he didn't do gens and didn't last long in chases.

Escape is not automatically a win. 4k is also not automatically a win. If I kill every survivor on their first hook due to slugging I'll still de-pip and thus lose ranking.

Secondly - this game is NOT a competitive e-sports game. There is far far far too much RNG in this game to be considered as such. Sure, it's somewhat competitive because it's a PvP game but given the fact how much RNG, unlock able power-ups (perks, offerings, items/addons) there is in this game and the atrocious "matchmaking" if you can even call it that, you shouldn't be so mad because of winning/loosing in this game.

This game is not something to be super try hard and sweaty about. In it's core its pretty casual but people just took it further than it was supposed to be.

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446

The only thing you lost was your time and your cool, not the game.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
  • bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

Depend how you see it the game dont have a clear win for me its a loss because he escape by the door, if the last escape escape by the hatch its a draw if i 4k its a win if its a key escape for me its a loss but again the game dont have any clear win for both side so you the player decide what for you is a lost

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

You could've closed the hatch any time you wanted to. Sounds like you wasted your time.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

They played their cards in a winning fashion. You did not.

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730

What exactly does RNG stand for? I more or less know what it means, but what is the exact acronym?

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

What I always say is, if they need to get the hatch to escape, its a win. If only one gets through the door, it's a win. I don't really see the issue here. You did well enough. Also, my rule of thumb about kobe's is, if a survivor gets the 4%, I let them live and give them the hatch. If the Entity wants you to survive, I have no say in the matter. I don't care if that survivor teabagged me and flashlighted me all game. If the Entity wants something, they will get it.

• papabear2009
    papabear2009 Member Posts: 115

Same, I consider a hatch escape a win. It's completely RNG so don't worry too much about it.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235
  • bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576

If this was about a random survivor getting a pink key from a chest and that's why you have losed then I would understand the hate on RNG.

But this turn of events is entirely your fault for not closing the Hatch

• eleventbh
    eleventbh Member Posts: 374

The survivor wanted to win too I assume, and it seems like he knew you were on hatch. I wouldn't have expected him to kill himself in that situation. Also, I still think you won. An uncontrollable escape like that basically counts as a 4k in my book.