Self Care in Red Ranks

Options
Gnarly
Gnarly Member Posts: 429
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

YOU CAN LIKE THE PERK, JUST THE USE IS MY PROBLEM.

Self Care is a selfish perk that wastes so much time. Why go with Self Care with better options. Bond is a great to get healed by teammates, or just bring a medkit. Inner Strength is efficient with your time as well. You can like the perk, but it is a massive waste of time.

I can't believe I can be doing a gen that is about to pop and the Claud runs past me and I even emote for her attention, yet she still passes me and self cares. Behind some tires.

Notes

•She was aware of me having Botany.

•You can use the perk if you want, jus don't be that stereotype person who goes in the corner. WASTING A LOT OF TIME

We did not finish that gen...We all died

Post edited by Gnarly on

Comments

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,094
    Options

If the gen was about to pop why didn't you just finish it and then try to heal Claudette? If Claudette was choosing to heal herself you should've just focused on your nearly finished gen. Really can't blame Claudette self caring for you not finishing your gen that was about to pop.

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843
    Options

No way a survivor heal me most of the time they miss the skill check i prefer to heal myself.

And when a survivor heal you both of you waste time because for 16 sec 2 person are wasting their time meanwhile the guy with self care is only wasting his time 32 sec.

You talk about inner strengh you realise you need to cleanse a totem first so it take time 14 sec then hide in a locker for 8 sec nit only that but you need to find the totem lucky for us if killer use a hex totem it should be easy survivor spawn on it but if the survivor dont use any hex totem you need to find it this take time too so be gratefull the guy with self care ia using that instead of wasting all that time

• Eve13
    Eve13 Member Posts: 375
    Options

What I've noticed lately (in the last 2 to 3 weeks) is that in the red ranks, a hell of a lot of people are taking this perk. I've hardly seen it on any survivors for months before, but currently it's present multiple times in almost every round. 

Why is that? 

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651
    Options

The fact that self-care exists in red ranks is either testament to how good Medkits are, or just testament to how terrible the ranking system is. No survivor trying to win wants a teammate with self-care equipped. No killer wants to deal with self-care unless they're running an NC gimmick build.

• eleventbh
    eleventbh Member Posts: 374
    Options

Exactly, I feel like she was the smart one in that situation. If the gen was close to being popped then work on the gen and let Claudette heal, two things being done at once there.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,631
    Options

I absolutely want to deal with Self-Care as killers. One single hit when I'm playing Wraith (who gets easy first hits) and for the next 40 seconds it's a 3v1 with ruin up thanks to sloppy. That's so much pressure just by someone not doing a gen.

Absolutely give me self care squads over Prove Thyself/BT/DH/IW squads

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    Options

I'm wondering what the others were doing if not finishing a single generator because a Claudette was healing herself drive you all to die.

You were all on the same generator against a Bubba? I think the smart way to play is to split up. More pressure, as the Killer can't patrol different generators in the same time.

Or you had the last generators close to each other?

I don't think it was Claudette's fault for healing herself in a corner. Especially if the four of you were still alive at this moment.

• malibu_barbie_26
    malibu_barbie_26 Member Posts: 79
    Options

Self care can be a gift or curse depending on teammates play style & if killer is using sloppy butcher.

Its great to only have to depend on yourself to heal but if killer is applying a ton of gen pressure it’s nice to have a survivor back in the game ASAP. It all comes down to how they are using perk. Self care by itself is too slow imo need med kit or just have teammates to heal. I usually run medkits + addons and use resilience ( heal 99%)& prove thy self to get gems done fast. If killer comes my way just tap medkit to get extra hit/time to get away.

Selfish survivors always give match to killers. If you farm hooks, refuse to do gens, refuse to heal others, hide insanely and not join chases and give a hook no one will survive even a poorly playing killer.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

I think its OKK with Botany Knowledge. SOmetimes I'll rock them both with a brown medkit for fast heals on myself and to counter sloppy butcher on the killer.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 1,912
    Options

After being in about a hundred games where closer to the end of the game I was injured and unable to escape or go for unhook just because of it, without any means to heal myself, I think self-care is not such a bad perk for soloQ. I run bond, and it doesn't really help me to find survivors so that they could heal me, because soloQ teammates are either who knows where on the other side of the map, bombing the hooks or just plainly don't heal me (especially if they are console players, I guess there is no option to heal teammates on consoles). And I don't feel like wasting medkits for every game. Self-care is a waste of time only if you play in SWF, but then again, SWF is a different game and all the perks work differently in it. In soloQ, especially after crossplatform multiplayer was implemented, self-care often is a deciding factor between life and death.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 932
    Options

then i am selfish just i use self Care

• Gnarly
    Options

The perk just only comes off as self preservation before anything. I don't think it's a useless perk. It just is outclassed by a lot of other options. Also Self Care when your teammates aka me, are right next to you, it is a waste. Why do I even bring Botany

• Gnarly
    Options

Resurgence is a great solution to people who feel obligated for Self Care, but it mght actually make more people run those two perks together.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,394
    Options

Self care is a decent perk. But most survivor use it wrong. They dont know when their actions kill the entire team.

I just want a good MMR-system and a decent team, so that i dont need to see this people anymore.

• Gnarly
    Options

Mayb if they make it normal speed again, but can only be used when ur health progress is at least 80%/75%/70%.

• Gnarly
    Options

Well you see, Bill wanted a flashlight out a chest, with Ace in the Hole.

Jake wanted aggro but struggled using tiles on Wreckyard.

I was doing a gen with Botany, Second Wind, and Empathy. Claud new I was capable of healing her.

She just self cared multiple times, but if she helped with the gen it would of definitely been done. She just wasn't efficient with the perk. She used it right after being unhooked by Jake.

• TicTac
    Options

No that would make it useless without a medkit. With selfcare you use exact the same amount of time as when you get healed from another survivor. There shouldnt be a time gain, you are just more flexible.

Technically you are faster, when someone selfcares near a gen and one survivor does the gen then if you first heal and then do the gen together. So selfcare can be a time gain.

• Gnarly
    Options

It be a time gain in hindsight. She just knew I had Botany

• TicTac
    edited May 2021
    Options

You dont need botany.

Edit: i didnt know you referred to a game bc i didnt read your earlier post.

• Gnarly
    Options

Idk same people I've seen bring self care and ds tbag at the gates often.

Perk shaming is fair, but Ig my problem is the way the perk is being used. Just wasting time in this situation.

• tak47888
    tak47888 Member Posts: 125
    Options

I always jump into a locker next to anyone who selfcares, they deserve no better! >:-)

• Gnarly
    Options

Always seems to be used wrong with the randoms I get😂. Hurts me

• Gnarly
    Options

I'M PROMOTING A LOVING HEALER LIFE STYLE and being ignored for Self Care is a mood

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    edited May 2021
    Options

this is coming from someone who despise self care users and loves nurse calling and Legion ( guess why i get free 4k against players who are way better than me)

Self Care is not a bad perk i wouldn't even call it a selfish perk, its very strong if you know how to loop the killer well, it allows you to make safer unhooks and allows your teammates to be more flexible in certain situations. The best use of selfcare is with a medkit.

now the problem with the perk is survivor who are obsessed on staying healthy, just because you have self care, doesn't mean you have to use it constantly.

Post edited by Yatol on
  • Gnarly
    Options

Yeah, that is fair. Efficiency is just not used around that perk. Has a stigma, but tbf that Claud did ignore me for heals instead of doing the gen first, or having me heal her.

I hate the playstyle it can bring.

• Gnarly
    Options

No, but anyone can use the perk, I just don't get it.

If No Mither tbag players were as common as Self Care with DS players especially back then. I probably would not expect a healthy fun game.

YOU CAN USE THE PERK, just don't hurt the team. I will die for others, if it means they survive. I don't appreciate the players going in a corner healingz especially ignoring me who knows I am a healer. Hurts the team.

• Red_Beard
    Red_Beard Member Posts: 550
    Options

I am not talking about 'you' specifically in this response, just using general terms. I think saying self care is a bad perk is a mindset of an inexperienced player. You heard somewhere it was a bad perk because the only way to play is rush the gens as fast as you can. It is the same thing with NOED. Someone said NOED is a perk only run by "bad" killers, even though it sees playtime in tournaments by some of the best killers in the game.

While I have seen self care used at the wrong time, especially when the pressure is on towards the end and a gen needs to get done, I have also seen just as many times where the three other players heal each other at the wrong time. There are so many times in solo queue games I've been running a killer with one gen left, get hooked and see the other three teammates in a corner near the almost completed gen healing each other and the killer gets there in time to PGTW it. Self care isn't a perk making people selfish as people play that way even when they don't run it. And as annoyed as I may get by their play style if it costs me an escape, it is their choice to play the game how they see fit, not mine.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 932
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Post edited by Viktor1853 on
  • Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911
    Options

Ranks don't mean anything, so never use them when making a point.

Doodoo survivors can get to red ranks, so can new killers, the emblem system is broken.

As for self care, some survivors rely on it too much. I remember what it was like in 2018 too, but like many others i moved on when the meta did too.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,126
    Options

Combined with Jill's Resurgence, I'd say Self Care is going to come into play more now than ever before in red ranks. Same with totem/locker builds.

By itself, yes I think its incredibly weak and a time waste.You're going to be seeing some self care/locker builds after the chapter release so I'd just say, get used to it cause Self Care players aren't going to stop anytime soon lol.

• Gnarly
    Options

You do got a point on the rank thing😂. I got to red rank when I was utter crap. Fair point. Check mate

• Gnarly
    Options

The perk is only bad when it wastes time. Resurgence would make it more tolerable honestly.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,135
    Options

I just have a match vs Plague, got purged & hit then got away.

Already having 75% of infected. And Nea insisted to heal me. Yep, back to injured 10sec later.

• Kharbarg
    Kharbarg Member Posts: 126
    Options

I always use selfcare or use a medikit with 3 full healings intead. Maybe I could not rescue another survivor with BT if I am injured.

Also I am tired to watch other injured survivors searching for a medikit or other survivor while I am phase one hooked because they haven't selfcare and are holding a flashlight. Then, the times goes by and I enter to phase 2.

• Micheal
    Micheal Member Posts: 288
    Options

I use to do it so I can get mettle of men but I found a better way to hell fast. just bring small game and inner strength. Fast heal and brack hex.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521
    Options

I never used self care personally but if they feel safe with it let them be it's their game and they paid their money

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options

Why the games go by fast enough and it soft counters the stealth killers and twins

• celesteismore
    celesteismore Member Posts: 173
    Options

I just don't like teammates that pritioize self caring over saving teammates.

• Gnarly
    Options

Well the game isn't balanced for 1v1 or a 2v1, a 4v1 is heavy survivor favored, if they are efficient. A killer should be able to get two kills on a average match. When you have 1 getting chased, 1 doing a gen, and 2 others who don't add to the team. Killer has the advantage.

• Sup3rCatTree
    Sup3rCatTree Member Posts: 588
    Options

It's illegal to run perks that's why they are in the game

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    Options

Resurgence, Self-Care, Resilience: you 99% your health, you jump onto a generator, you finish the last 1% if the Killer comes to you. I can see it being used a bit.

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415
    Options

SC is the best solo xp perk and i love to play solo because i want a challenge and not carried by swf. Deal with it

• NoTerrorRadius
    NoTerrorRadius Member Posts: 201
    Options

The ability to heal oneself when being pursued by a bloodthirsty, super powered killer is a bad thing?

Come on now.

And who are you to tell a stranger how they should or should not play? I've said it before, I'll say it again: you win some, you lose some. You have to accept that.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

Self care is good but in a totem meta prove thyself, detectives hunch, inner strength and looking to see where the killer b lines it to at the beginning of the match is so much more rewarding.