Pride Charm!

megswifey
megswifey Member Posts: 826

I want to start this post by asking that people remain civil in their responses and arguments. I am stating my opinion on the matter and if you disagree, I just ask that your reply or argument doesn't include a mean joke or anything like that.

Pushing boundaries is completely necessary for change, and I think that this pride charm is a wonderful step forward for BHVR and games in general. I was watching the event and was excited to have a cute lil rainbow flag on my characters before the chat was flooded with homophobic comments and many, many people just typing the word 'cringe' over and over again and I just wanted to give my piece on it.

Pride is more than just being out and happy; It celebrates one's joy and pride in their identity and if being part of the LGBTQ+ community is a big part of your identity, celebrate yourself and others there who either feel similarly or are there to support you <3! To some people, this charm is pushing an agenda and I feel as though it is more here to show LGBTQ+ players that they are seen and celebrated, which is a wonderful thing in my opinion.

As for those who are planning on throwing matches due to players wearing the charm, I hope you understand that some people cannot help how they feel about themselves or others. Some people are able to feel love for their identity and the people they are expected to have feelings for, but not everyone falls under this category and that is perfectly fine. I want everyone to celebrate this month regardless of identity differences since love for oneself and others is a beautiful thing, and I think this charm is being blown out of proportion. If you disagree, please leave a comment below! I still think BHVR taking this big step is a great thing :)!

Comments