How do you pronounce Feng Min?

Mazoobi
Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,565

I personally pronounce her as FUNG Min. I asked my Chinese friend for a pronounciation and she said "FUNG". Even Paulie Esther (a content creator) pronounces her as FUNG as well.

How do you pronounce Feng Min? 71 votes

F(e)ng min
85%
SnakeSound222AdelooOnryosTapeRentalsTapeKnotDimekmusstang62TaigaUistreelAvilgusLazyPaydayGeneralVMrsGhostfaceIcewhisperGlamourousLeviathan[Deleted User]Scary_Punk_GhostHannonRiku_OdayakaRavenTheWraithAwkward_Fiend 61 votes
F(u)ng min
14%
Nos37TheRockstarKnightnotstarboardYordsDistortedDreamShamelessPigMainsyainFatallyIconicdiirtydannTheFacelessEvil 10 votes

Comments

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited May 2021
    F(u)ng min

I pronounce it Fung Mean, not Fang Men

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    F(e)ng min

I pronounce it F-eh-ng, based around stereotypical anglacised pronunciation.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,162
    F(e)ng min

It's supposed to be Fung but I say Feng because that's how I said it for longest time before I found out it was Fung and pronunciation habits are hard to break.

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,565

Same, it took me so long to realize it too, but I just kept repeating it over & over again until I got used to saying Fung over Feng.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,016
    F(e)ng min

I got used to F(e)ng instead of F(u)ng, so yeah.

• LazyPayday
    LazyPayday Member Posts: 420
    F(e)ng min

Even if it's pronounced Fung, I'm still gonna say Feng because it sounds better and it's not like I'm pronouncing a real person's name wrong.

• Krunga
    Krunga Member Posts: 159
    F(e)ng min

I say F(e)ng Min because I'm not really good with Chinese pronunciation.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    F(e)ng min

I actually had no idea it was supposed to be prononce F'u'ng, now i know ^^

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,798
    F(u)ng min

Fung Min is the correct way to say it. I still usually mispronounce it as Feng Min and call her "Feng" instead of "Min", mostly just out of habit at this point.

Same goes for Monitor & Abuse; I had been pronouncing it as Abuse (noun) forever until non-native-speaker Otz of all people pronounced it as Abuse (verb). Then I realized that made way more sense and I had just been saying it wrong. Still a hard habit to break though 😅

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,820
    F(e)ng min

I say "Feng -- no, I mean Min."

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878
    F(e)ng min

I say “F(e)ng” because I didn’t realize it was wrong.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763
    F(e)ng min

I know it's F(u)ng Min now, but I had gotten into the habit of saying F(e)ng Min and that habit is hard to break (as others have said).

• SpookyPumpkinPiez
    SpookyPumpkinPiez Member Posts: 278
    F(e)ng min

My boyfriend and his family are from Hong Kong, and they have a friend also from Hong Kong named Feng. They pronounce it like "Fang".

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    F(e)ng min

I didn't know it was supposed to be F(u)ng until a few days ago, but since everybody calls her Feng anyway I might as well continue for simplicity sake.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    F(u)ng min

She's technically supposed to be pronounced "Fung," but since we're speaking English, not Mandarin, we might as well pronounce it "Feng." Plus, if we're going for linguistic accuracy, you have to accentuate it correctly, and since Mandarin is a tonal language, you have to use the correct contour of tone.

(Forgive the misclick I meant to vote for "Feng.")

• Hex_AverageStudent
    Hex_AverageStudent Member Posts: 22
    F(e)ng min

I pronounce is normally, but my friend pronounces it "F-e-gg M-in-ee"

• XOXOnotreally
    XOXOnotreally Member Posts: 11
    F(e)ng min

I voted "Feng" but honestly I think I pronounce it close to "Fang"

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    F(u)ng min

Fung is the correct way to pronounce the name, but both me and my friend call her Fang for fun.

• DudelPumaAce
    DudelPumaAce Member Posts: 305
    F(e)ng min

Feeng Miing

• diirtydann
    diirtydann Member Posts: 7
    F(u)ng min

think its supposed be pronouned opposite min f(u)ng