What was the first exhaustion perk you ever used?

RyRapsYT
RyRapsYT Member Posts: 299

SB for me.

Comments

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,499

SB meg was my first surv.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,499
    edited May 2021

First game i played with sprint burst i read it and was like "so i cant run got it" guess what i did right as i spawned in lol.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059
    edited May 2021

Dead Hard - I got it fast because I wanted to level up David for We're Gonna Live Forever. It was also the most intuitive to use, since you just press a button when you want it. (Whether I ended up exhausted on the ground is another story.)

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

Sprint Burst, because it was the only exhaustion perk when the game launched and i started playing in December of 2016 ^^ (when Nurse came out)

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,463

Sprint Burst.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Sprint Burst, leveled up Meg to get it, on my then main Claudette.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,915

I did the same, still do!

It's why I never run Sprint Burst, I run around the map too much as it is.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

Balanced Landing. I leveled Nea before Meg. At the time, BL was a bit more useful, and I liked the idea of being able to activate my sprint when I wanted it rather than having to blow it if I needed to run at all. Obviously, SB is actually better and using it when you aren't being chased isn't entirely a detriment, since you still get around to objectives and such faster, but I wasn't thinking that at the time.

Now I don't use any, because I'd rather have perks that either constantly give me use or give me something during niche scenarios that I don't like.

• HighwayCatalyst
    HighwayCatalyst Member Posts: 377

Either Sprint Burst or balanced landing. I can't recall whether I leveled up meg or nea first.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059

I recently went back to Meg to clean out her items before I prestige her, and I'm coming to really love Sprint Burst! I don't particularly go out of my way to preserve it unless the thing I want to reach is a very short distance away. Mostly I find it useful for working on gens - I'll usually have it by the time the killer shows up, and the head start is great. It's also not a bad anti-tunnel perk because it reactivates when you get hooked, so if somebody unhooks you close to the killer, you can rocket off and the other player becomes a more appealing target. I've also had the same thing happen when being picked up from a slug. Not the most altruistic playstyle, but half the time in solo queue it's tit-for-tat with the way your teammates play, and if the other player needs to avoid being hooked more than I do, I can still bodyblock for them.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Dead Hard.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    edited May 2021

Lithe for me actually.

My first survivor matches were in a KYF and Lithe sounded fantastic. Then I started out maining Claudette, so I ran no exhaustion perks for a while... then Lithe happened to show up in the Shrine shortly after I started playing so I got it. Funnily enough, 1k hours later I still don't have Feng.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Ever used? That'd be Dead Hard for a challenge.

Used regularly? Lithe.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,404

Sprint boost. I first tried to unlock sprintboost, self care and urban evasion. Im not proud of that.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

One of Megs, I can't remember which one but I mained her for the longest time.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited May 2021

Balanced Landing. Didn't use anything else until it got nerfed because why would you when you had essentially 2 S-Tier perks for the price of 1. Wasn't broken at all on certain maps or anything.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,463

Haddonfun was EXTRA FUN when this perk came into play.

• Kharbarg
    Kharbarg Member Posts: 126
    edited May 2021

SB

I really miss the original SB when exhaustion mechanic didn't exist at old.

• ZonkyWizard
    ZonkyWizard Member Posts: 568

Lithe.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

I actively went against using Exhaustion perks because I always felt they were cheap even as a person that played exclusively survivor back then. Right before Exhaustion was nerfed against survivors I went Sprint Burst/Vigil on the old Badham Preschool and can remember running around the map 4 or 5 times before i eventually was caught by the killer.

While unfair, it was an amusing time.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Back in the day, it was either Sprint Burst or Adrenaline. I am honestly not too sure which one I got first.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

Balanced Landing was the first ever exhaustion perk I used.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

Balanced Landing. Nea was the first survivor I ever played, so I used her perks a lot starting out (except streetwise that immediately got tossed aside)

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

Lithe because Feng was the first Survivor I played.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

Balanced Landing, as I started to play with Nea, then I unlocked the teachables from everyone.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Dead Hard. I clicked E when it told me to and didn’t know what that did.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

For me oddly enough was lithe.

• Mistikus
    Mistikus Member Posts: 1,347

it was spritn burs buecosue of some videos i have watched before buying dbd back in 2017

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

For me, it was Lithe.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

Sprint Burst

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446

Balanced Landing

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Mine was Sprint Burst, and I mean the old Sprint Burst. Once the timer was up you could sprint again mid chase.

How did killers ever catch us?

• Guiltii
    Guiltii Member Posts: 32

Mine was lithe, I got it from the shrine when I first started DBD and unlocked it for Dwight

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,962

dead hard because it had the words "avoid damage" in the description

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

Lithe and it's still my fav perk to this day 🐷💕

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

I don't use exhaustion perks. I'm actually good at the video game.

• Hannon
    Hannon Member Posts: 221

Lithe

i used to main Feng when I first started playing

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

Balance landing, actually. I used it before the "rip balance landing" patch.

• Freddo
    Freddo Member Posts: 139

Dead hard for me actually, I wanted to grind for WGLF.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Dead Hard because I was a die hard David main when I first got the game.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

First ever actually equipped and used was Sprint Burst. Didn’t like it though and didn’t play around with it much.

First I actively used and that for a very long time was Lithe, still my favorite Exhaustion perk (if it wasn’t for the window hits.. but those got at least better again..)

(currently I use Dead Hard and it’s amazing how much more easy and stressfree surv gameplay got due to just having it)

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

Fun Fact:

Sprint Burst wasn't an exhaustion perk back then, neither was Balanced Landing.

So technically, even for the veterans, SB or BL is a valid choice, as exhaustion perk became a thing since 1.5.0 AFAIK.

Thank You and best regards from the Ministry of Useless Facts.