Scourge of the Purge - Like ######### BHVR

mouse0270
mouse0270 Member Posts: 849
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

Alright so I am just doing rift challenges because I am a completionism but when I read this challenge I was like #########.

There are so many things wrong with this challenge is stupid...

1. How often you get to use Corrupt Purge is complete dependent on survivors.
  2. Survivors being next to each other once again, not something a killer has control over
  3. Then hitting them both in one discharge
  4. Doing all of this twice in a single trial

Like this would be the equivalent of putting a rift challenge on the survivor side that said: Avoid 5 hatchets thrown by the huntress. Do this 2 time(s). Complete this challenge in a single trial.

Survivors don't have control of who the killer is, how many hatchets that killer throws at them and how many times they can force this twice.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• WTBacon
    WTBacon Member Posts: 593

You could try and cheese this.

1. Equip Discordance + Tinkerer
    2. Use both Apple add-ons
    3. Sit near a fountain
    4. Use fountain when you think Tinkerer is about to proc then go to the gen

Alt.

1. Discordance + Tinkerer
    2. Iridescent Seal, the one that gives corrupt when a gen is completed
    3. Go to gen when Tinkerer procs, wait for them to finish out of sight

You won't win the match with these strategies, but if you are at max bp and are trying to save for next chapter you could do this.

I agree though that this challenge is ridiculous.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

The first book has a survivor challenge which requires you to completely finish 4 (FOUR) generators within one game. It also has a trapper challenge, in which you need to catch someone in a trap 6 times within one game. I guess you missed those.

6 pallet stuns within one game and grabs are nearly impossible too.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

That wouldn't be that difficult. just slap on all the undetectable perks or play as myers/ ghostface and down 8 survivors.

With these perk challenges you don't actually need to use the perk. You just need it equiped

• mouse0270

The difference is this. Yes those survivor ones could be hard, but can be easily done as SWF.

• Its really easy as a SWF to do 4 generators. Also it was finish 4 generators not do a total of 4 generators
    • I play quite a bit of trapper, I didn't have a problem with any of the trapper ones.
    • And there wasn't a challenge that was get 6 pallet stuns... It was get 6 stuns. Which is easy with head on and pallets.

Yes all of these were hard, but something you could realistically get done within a few matches and most of them could be in your control. I will admit, the finish 4 generators one is a lot harder as a solo then it is as a SWF. But you can hit up the discord for SWF friends and know out most of those survivors ones fairly easily.

So spend 7 million to perk out plague to do one challenge. I have Brutal, Dark, Infictions, mindbreaker, predator, spies, whispers, agitation, dying light,furtive chase, devour, noed, make your choice, monstrous shrine, Pop, rancor, BBQ, corrupt, distressing, hang mans trick, insidious, knockout, play with your food.

• mouse0270

I am assuming he meant do this as plague 4 times. As this specific challenge in the OP is a plague specific challenge.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

It took me so many tries to get this done because I would hit two survivors with Corrupt Purge but only one would get injured.

I [BAD WORD]ing hate how broken Plague is.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    edited May 2021

im getting some serious "finish repairing 4 generators in a single trial lol" vibes from this one.

its literally almost undoable outside of farming games! ;-;

• mouse0270
    edited May 2021

At least the finish 4 generators one can be done pretty easily with a SWF. And it was in Tome 4 not 2. LUL

• deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 795

time to insidious hook camping plague. time to agitation basement build plague. time to play plague in the least fun way humanly possible for everyone involved.

• mouse0270

I got insidious 1 and Agitation 2... This might not work for me. LOL

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806

It took me about 2 games to do this challenge. Had a team that divebombed hooks even if I had Corrupt Purge. Guess I was lucky.

• WTBacon

Yeah, the strats I sent were assuming you had Plague maxed out and are trying to save bp.

For casual players / people who don't play Plague, this challenge is expecting way too much to go right.

• kucerka
    kucerka Member Posts: 186

That was one dumb challenge, not fun at all....I sinple did this one by farming with two survivors who THANK GOD understood I need some help with this challenge and they let me hit them twice...

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 925

I had to farm this one. I just sat afk by a corrupt fountain right next to a gen. M1 the fountain and gen until the 2 survivors that found me got the message.

This is one of the worst challenges imo in the game right next to the 4 pallet stuns in a single game.

• mouse0270

Yeah this is basically what everyone is saying. You have to farm it out or just get lucky.

Which is dumb because forcing people to farm is technically reportable, and even if they didn't farm you're still able to be reported because AFK and **refusing to participate in normal gameplay** is also reportable.

So basically BHVR in all of their wisdom made one of the dumbest rift challenges I've ever seen.

• Ashlich
    Ashlich Member Posts: 119

Oh hey look, I see a mod edited your post because you dared to say something they don't like. Sorry for your loss.

• mouse0270

The mod edited the post for good reason. I agree with the mod. saying someone should lose there job for any reason is over the line. I don't disagree with the mod and don't attack them for doing their job.

• Ashlich

Then why did you say it in the first place? Seems like you don't have a good grasp of your emotions.

• WTBacon
    edited May 2021

Phone freaked out.

You are starting to go off topic, careful.

• Ashlich

Your phone freaked out and decided to say all that? Okay. Have fun.

• psionic
    psionic Member Posts: 670

Use Iridescent Seal + Ashen Apple addons.

Hook the first survivor. If the fountain is next to the hooked person, use it. Proxy camp (almost face camp, pay attention or people will rescue and you gonna miss the free hits).

• WTBacon

It just sent the word "You" and nothing else, fixed it.

• mouse0270

Because I spent 2 hours working on the previous tome challenge called "Spread the Sickness" in which it states **Injure a Survivor 6 time(s) with Vile Purge as The Plague. Complete this challenge in a single trial**

But since BHVR can't fix bugs or clearly they have no easy way to update rift text... Thats not what you're supposed to do for that challenge. you are supposed to **Injure a Survivor 6 time(s) with Corrupt Purge as The plague".

So basically after wasting 2 hours of my saturday working on a challenge I was never going to complete because BHVR screwed up the spelling. I came to the forums where someone told me I am supposed to use Corrupt Purge. I finally complete that challenge and then read this one. Tired it about 3 times and just lost myself to anger.

So yes I didn't have a good grasp of my emotions. The mod still did the right thing.

• Ashlich

No not really. Anyone in a position that asks them to do basic proof reading and spell checks should 100% be up for termination if they can't properly do their job. That is the real world, don't coddle them.

• mouse0270

I am not disagree with you. The challenge is stupid and BHVR should recognize that. Also They should have fixed such a simple spelling mistake in an update. I do still believe the rift is freaking stupid and the **spelling bug** is also freaking stupid.

HOWEVER, the mod was right, I still shouldn't have said what I said about whoever designed this challenge. I do hope they think twice before every designing a challenge that almost requires you to force someone to farm or just get plain lucky.

• mouse0270

I have like no addons, less the a full page to be specific. As for perks I only have Brutal, Dark, Infictions, mindbreaker, predator, spies, whispers, agitation, dying light,furtive chase, devour, noed, make your choice, monstrous shrine, Pop, rancor, BBQ, corrupt, distressing, hang mans trick, insidious, knockout, play with your food.

• TMCalypso
    TMCalypso Member Posts: 336

To get this challenge done, I played like I was brand new to the game and hoped the survivors I got were the toxic type. The first and only time I ever hoped for toxic survivors. First thing I did was identify where the doors were. Then I made sure that the two fountains closest to each door was ready to be used. I did this by only vomiting on one person at a time and "lose them" so they could go cleanse. Once everything was set I just "lost a chase" and "missed every attack" until the gens were done. Once they were I grabbed the fountain furthest of the 2 that were near the door I was at. The two survivors in there had fun with their butt dances as I hit them. They left as I picked up another red fountain on the way to the other door where the other two were practicing their vaulting technique. Got it done as they twerked their way through the gate.

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 1,024

Those challenges just look for you to be on 4 gens while they pop, doesn't matter if you contributed from 0-100% or from 99-100%.

• mouse0270

So basically you threw a whole game to do one rift challenge.

I don't know stuff like this should be something you can do in the game without forcing people to farm, pure luck, or throwing an entire round.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

Do what I did. Nod at survivors and swing at your corrupt. Let them do most of the gens and then hit 2 people with it. Once they realize you won't kill them, they'll usually let you do it. I did it first try and let everyone go because that's all I wanted.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Not that hard, just take the apple addons and use your fountain a bit after you've hooked somone and proxy camp them, repeat twice.

I've done this challenge on my first try on Haddonfied. It's really not that hard if you force it, naturally yeah it's extremely unlikely but if forced it's quite easy with how many survivors are over alturistic.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

The entire Tome has been leaked and level 4 has some challenges that are completely luck reliant. Not going to go into specifics, but getting these is going to be completely dependent on how your Survivors act.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,120

I had to farm with the survivors to get it. And I never do that with challenges. Well done, BHVR.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,596

The tip with iridescent seal is actually very valuable! If you do not have tinkerer and discordance, than do a farming match with the seal: Run to a gen they are working on, hit the gen multiple times so they now they shall do it, get them to work together, and then puke on them when they finish the gen. Since they now you are farming, they likely wont even run away after first hit. I got it done with this apporach first try.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

I hate that the Rift challenges are challenging! :P

Just kidding. Some of them ARE a little overboard, relying a bit too much on luck and low-chance circumstances. Though, to be fair, with so many tomes and so many challenges within each tome I'm sure that it's got to be tough coming up with a unique, steady flow of "challenging but not impossible" actions for the player to perform.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

I would love to see the devs doing those challenges on a dev-stream.

Maybe we miss something.

• mouse0270

To be fair, my real issue with this challenge is the do it twice part. Its already hard enough to get people to cleanse as is, so you may not even have many chances to do it.

This is my first challenge I have found that I think is over board. Every other challenge I have complained about, was either me misunderstanding it, or BHVR not knowing how words work. This particular challenge is just WHY?

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

I got this one by cheesing it. Put on an apple and iridescent seal, get a down and then hook someone near a corrupted fountain, grab the corrupt purge and camp. Do this with every hook since as gens get completed you'll gain corruption. You can also try to get more pools by making sure the person on hook is infected since once they realize every time they finish a gen they're vulnerable to ranged attacks they usually cleanse more often.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    edited May 2021

Yeah, nah, I get you. I was just having fun with the idea that people would find challenges challenging, especially "MASTER" challenges at that. XD

But it's true. There are plenty of challenges left undone in all of my tomes because I see them and think "yeah, I'm really going to use a perk that I hate to do something that's irritatingly down to luck and then do it all over again, ALL within one trial. Sure".

I'll just play two matches NOT doing that and get the same amount of points. :P

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408

Just collide with the survivors. The chances of getting the plague challenges done at high rank isn’t high.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,065

A couple of days ago I faced a Plague in one of the most brutal slugging games I can remember. It was just a sustained assault - you'd go down, she might hook you, but the second you'd get picked up or unhooked, she'd be right back on the scene with Corrupt Purge. We cleansed liberally to try and stay alive, she kept drinking up, I spent at least a quarter of the match facedown in the grass, and there was rarely a time where only one teammate was on the ground. This went on for... ten minutes? Ish? Until she finally yells at me and a nearby Feng and leads us over to a fountain, because despite only attacking survivors in groups or to create bait for a future group and basically always having Corrupt Purge, she didn't get a single double hit.

Funnily enough... I've also had survivors that, as soon as I turned friendly as a Plague for unrelated reasons, led me to a fountain, asked me to infect them so they could contaminate it, and stood there for me to hit. I think it's just universally understood that this challenge is bullshit.

• MrPsych
    MrPsych Member Posts: 265
    edited May 2021

I beat this challenge today, it turns out you don't need to hurt two survivors with Corrupt Purge for the challenge to be beat. Just hitting them is enough.

The way I beat it was to stay near hooks and wait for people to unhook another survivor. As the survivor unhooks the other one, unload at them both with Corrupt Purge. It doesn't matter if the unhooked survivor takes damage or not, just hitting them is good enough for the challenge.

Still agree that the challenge wasn't fun.

EDIT: Just had a very dumb idea. Would it be possible to hook 2 survivors in the basement and then puke on them both while they're hooked? This would meet the challenge's criteria, even though it'd be a stupid way to do it...

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827
    edited May 2021

Guys this one wasn't even hard I did it on my first try. Just farm it. Same as any other dumbass killer challenge. 97 out of 100 survivor groups are happy to get a friendly killer for once instead of going against another balls to the wall sweaty ass douche.