Doctor + Iron Maiden

Eninya
Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Cause finding people wasn't easy enough on him. Now his supposed counter can be completely shut down. lol

Comments

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

What's Iron Maiden?

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

Didn't even think about it, but iron maiden will be a great perk for Doc.

• ReneAensland

@Vietfox said:
    ReneAensland said:

What's Iron Maiden?

An overrated heavy metal band.

lol

• JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    MrDardon said:

Could we talk about Nurse with Iron Maiden on High Ranks. Jump in Lockers to make her miss, get oneshot.

Wow didn't even think of it that way O.o
  • Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Vietfox said:

What's Iron Maiden?

False.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Vietfox said:

What's Iron Maiden?

False.
    @Carpemortum
    I know they are not the same, but deep purple, skid row, bad company, extreme and many more are better.
  • Carpemortum
    Vietfox said:
    Vietfox said:

What's Iron Maiden?

False.
    @Carpemortum
    I know they are not the same, but deep purple, skid row, bad company, extreme and many more are better.
    Deep purple is ok, but rather mainstream imo. The rest, absolutely, but they're more thrash hair metal, and iron maiden is a very, british rock opera metal kind of feel. Like I know how that sounds, but their songs, and some albums, carry stories that are just epic, with the music to match. 

But if trying to say they're hair metal? Yeah no. I'd see the issue lol. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Eninya said:
    Cause finding people wasn't easy enough on him. Now his supposed counter can be completely shut down. lol

He is still loopable

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Vietfox said:
    Vietfox said:

What's Iron Maiden?

False.
    @Carpemortum
    Deep purple is ok, but rather mainstream imo. The rest, absolutely, but they're more thrash hair metal, and iron maiden is a very, british rock opera metal kind of feel. Like I know how that sounds, but their songs, and some albums, carry stories that are just epic, with the music to match. 

No no, smoke on the water is mainstream, but the song "Burn" from Deep Purple is the best rock song ever made.
  • Carpemortum
    Vietfox said:
    Vietfox said:
    Vietfox said:

What's Iron Maiden?

False.
    @Carpemortum

No no, smoke on the water is mainstream, but the song "Burn" from Deep Purple is the best rock song ever made.
    Best? Oh no....no no....good yes. Best? Impossible to say. So many limbs of the rock tree.
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Naturally, some Perks are gonna be better for some Killers.
    Movement Killers profit the most of B&C.
    Distressing is always a nice buff on Doctor.
    Hag can be truly dangerous with Make Your Choice.
    Etc. etc.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@Eninya said:

My perk selection on Doc is pretty much set and done… no room to fit in another perk.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,874

OMGZOR!!! He's right! They should either nerf this completely overpowered perk or delete the doctor altogether before the next patch! This one perk will totally nullify the ONE weakness that the doctor has! Now your only option is to run away! And we all already know that the d0ctor is a top tier chase killer! Screw it! I'll just delete the game from my hard drive before the Doctor meta begins!!1

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Vietfox said:
    ReneAensland said:

What's Iron Maiden?

I was waiting for that since I remember when they came out.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Omg
     BBQ & Chili, Iron Maiden, Enduring and Ruin is just wrecking SWF right now!
  • Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,450
    Distressing, Unnerving Presence, Iron Maiden, and Ruin. 😨   
  • ReneAensland
    edited December 2018

Iron Maiden.Description
    64px
    30 % 40 % 50 % You open Lockers IconHelp lockers.png 30/40/50 % faster.
    Survivors who exit Lockers suffer from the Exposed IconStatusEffects exposed.png Status Effect for 15 seconds and their location is revealed for 4 seconds.

"This is no place for cowards." — The Legion

Unique to The Legion until Level 40, at which point its Teachable version can then be learned and taught to the other Killers

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@Killmaster said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    Iron Maiden doesn't effect your ability to be good at the game though.

LOL if you think walking around waiting for people to scream in order to find them takes skill then your delusional. The only counter to doc was hopping in a locker, now there is no counter except looping which is dumb and you know it. Of-course we'll have to wait and see how it plays out on the live build but it looks like doc just got a whole lot stronger with no real counterplay.

just loop him lol

• Wolf74

@Star99er said:

I would not switch out NC and Overcharge for that.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793
    Does Iron Maiden notify the killer with a sound or just a visual?
  • Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    Visual and sound both. Like the scream from Madness when you're playing doctor. 
  • Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    edited December 2018

@Khalednazari said:
    brokedownpalace said:

Visual and sound both. Like the scream from Madness when you're playing doctor. 

So, calm spirit will counter notification? Or only scream?

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,450
    Wolf74 said:

@Star99er said:

Why run NC on doctor, he’s really doesn’t need it considering how much tracking he has.
  • Wolf74

@Star99er said:
    Wolf74 said:

@Star99er said:

Why run NC on doctor, he’s really doesn’t need it considering how much tracking he has.

People overestimate the tracking of the static field. The victims only scream once in a while and NC works in any mode.
    But after some time with Distressing up and running they just heal wherever, because they can't judge if the Doc is really near or not.
    And you can see them trying to snap out and interrupt it to keep them in madness 3.
    So you see them while you chase other and can switch targets and keep the pressure.
    It helped me a lot and I think any Doc not using it, is doing it wrong.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

To be fair OP has a point.

The hide in lockers was a mechanic against the Doctor. It was part of the design. Now it's removed because....?

Makes little sense.

• Wolf74

@The_Crusader said:

The hide in lockers was a mechanic against the Doctor. It was part of the design. Now it's removed because....?

Makes little sense.

It is not "removed", the killer got a perk to counter it, just like survivor got Calm Spirit buffed.
    Calm Spirit counters the mechanic of the Doctor, so this is only fair.

• The_Crusader
    Wolf74 said:

@The_Crusader said:

Makes little sense.

It is not "removed", the killer got a perk to counter it, just like survivor got Calm Spirit buffed.

But barely anyone takes calm spirit because its useless against most killers 

Meanwhile most Docs are gonna want this.
  • Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    Rattman said:

So, calm spirit will counter notification? Or only scream?

I'm not sure. 
  • Wolf74

@The_Crusader said:
    Wolf74 said:

@The_Crusader said:

Makes little sense.

So a counter on survivor side is garbage?
    But a counter on killer side is overpowered?
    Ok, totally Gotcha.

doublestandards

• The_Crusader
    Wolf74 said:

@The_Crusader said:
    Wolf74 said:

@The_Crusader said:

Makes little sense.

So a counter on survivor side is garbage?
    But a counter on killer side is overpowered?
    Ok, totally Gotcha.

doublestandards

Why do you get in a mood everytime I take survivor side?

I'm not fussed because I think Doc is a weak killer. However it's bizarre that the mechanics of him (in his radius your madness increases, but you can hide in lockers to counter it) has now been removed. It's a very strange design decision.

From day 1 everyone has assumed this will be a popular perk for Doctors because it makes sense.

Calm spirit isn't a popular perk for survivors because its only really useful against the Doc (no clown doesn't count).

If this was a discussion about using Iron Will to counter spirit then I would agree with you, because that perk counters spirit and nurse - two very strong killers - but its also incredibly useful against any killer so its common to take.

Nobody is going to be taking calm spirit ubless they know they're going against the Doc....which doesn't happen.

I just find it a strange design choice. You design a killer with a counter to their mechanic and then allow the killer to completely negate that. That's not how videogamed are designed.

The perk helps huntress but it doesn't avoid the fact that her weakness is still needing to go reload at lockers in the first place.
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

lets be honest here:
    doc is pretty much the only killer who can make use out of this perk by eliminating one of his counter plays.

like, as soon as you leave a locker once you are notified that the killer runs it by giving you the exposed status effect, so you will probaply never go in a locker ever again in this trial. if you are in a SWF group, no one will go in a locker anymore.
    this perk is too weak to even be a threat, so you will see literally no one use this perk in competetive and serious rounds.
    i can see this perk being used in troll builds though...

• Wolf74

@The_Crusader said:

. That's not how videogamed are designed.

Welcome to Dead by daylight.
    Any other game would balance the game top down.
    That's how videogames are designed.
    DbD ist the only videogame I know that balance for low ranks.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

@MrDardon said:
    Could we talk about Nurse with Iron Maiden on High Ranks. Jump in Lockers to make her miss, get oneshot.

Omg I never thought about that for all killers, screw you survivors who try and block hits by quickly jumping in lockers XD

(even tho it didn't work well anyways :P)

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Iron maiden is useless unless it's on nurse or billy, maybe wraith with certain addons. And who cares about madness? Just snap out of it.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088

@Star99er said:
    Wolf74 said:

@Star99er said:

NC affects "Snap out of it" action. Doctor have the most profit among all killers by using this perk.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

@Mister_xD said:
    lets be honest here:
    doc is pretty much the only killer who can make use out of this perk by eliminating one of his counter plays.

like, as soon as you leave a locker once you are notified that the killer runs it by giving you the exposed status effect, so you will probaply never go in a locker ever again in this trial. if you are in a SWF group, no one will go in a locker anymore.
    this perk is too weak to even be a threat, so you will see literally no one use this perk in competetive and serious rounds.

This basically ^^

It's a highly situational perk that will basically never be used or be worth a perk slot bar troll builds/maybe doctor.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited December 2018

@Blueberry said:

@Mister_xD said:
    lets be honest here:

This basically ^^

It's a highly situational perk that will basically never be used or be worth a perk slot bar troll builds/maybe doctor.

Two-fold issue: The perk is broken with the Doctor (like BBQ & Chili is with Hillbilly), or the Doctor is broken with the perk.

And lockers are otherwise not very valuable against everyone else.

So, either lockers must change, or/and Doctor must change in tandem.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

@Eninya said:

@Blueberry said:

@Mister_xD said:
    lets be honest here:

This basically ^^

Two-fold issue: The perk is broken with the Doctor (like BBQ & Chili is with Hillbilly), or the Doctor is broken with the perk.

I really doubt this perk on the doctor will be broken. Maybe just wait until the patch releases and then we'll see. I just can't believe that people actually go into lockers that often when facing doctor that this perk would become more effective on doc than any other perk.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    Iron Maiden doesn't effect your ability to be good at the game though.

LOL if you think walking around waiting for people to scream in order to find them takes skill then your delusional. The only counter to doc was hopping in a locker, now there is no counter except looping which is dumb and you know it. Of-course we'll have to wait and see how it plays out on the live build but it looks like doc just got a whole lot stronger with no real counterplay.

Excuse me but calm spirit assista with countering the doctor
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

@Eninya said:

@Blueberry said:

@Mister_xD said:
    lets be honest here:

This basically ^^

It's not broken with doctor whatsoever. Heck I probably wouldn't even run it on doctor myself. The locker is just preventing you from getting found. Once they see the debuff and that the doctor has Iron Maiden they will stop using lockers. You don't need lockers when you can just loop.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Iron Maiden will work once or twice before Survivors stop using lockers and start looping. There's no problem here at all.