Just got told Haddonfield isn't a good survivor map.

WishIcouldmain
WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

Rough game me for me had a ritual for Oni and a survivor burned a Haddonfield offering and another two were a SWF. Also for a ritual brought BL and another survivor had BL. So I got upset and said thanks for Haddonfield then this happened.

So yeah this person thinks Haddonfield is a bad survivor map. Everytime . I beg everyone please know the other sides suffering please. And thank the Lord when this map is changed. Everytime I was gonna get a down they were in a house with another safe window. And also said it was a great Oni map.

Post edited by WishIcouldmain on

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I mean he isn’t wrong about the narrow corridors. They can make ph and other killers pretty good.

• gnehehe
    gnehehe Member Posts: 510

Not all haddonfield versions are great ... the fun house can be located in corners of map (within gene-lacking area, just ignore it), most pallets can be located at street cars (easy hit with all 115 killers with some experience), lack of long windows-free fences, ...

Yeah, lots RNG variations of this map can be disgusting ... but this is a myth that all versions of the Myers map are nightmare for all killer classes.

• WishIcouldmain
  • Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

I just had the same thing happen to me but with spring wood:

House of pain with a god window spawn.

That's connected to the main building.

That's my only possible 3 gen spot.

That's surrounded on all sides with multiple random god pallets.

Has an insane amount of random LoS blockers making it impossible to rank up(I was Michael).

And finally the basement spawned in the killer shack instead of the basement meaning it was nearly impossible to hook anyone in said main building.

The saddest part is when I pointed out how the survivors got the free win map spawn they got offended!

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

This is what people believe when they only main survivor. If they only tried playing killer so many of their thoughts about the game would instantly change.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    edited May 2021

If he think's Haddon- [BAD WORD] is killer sided, then I'd hate to hear what he thinks of Coal Tower and The Chapel.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

I'm willing to bet my man's new to the game.

• ClumsyTrapper
    ClumsyTrapper Member Posts: 544

I love haddenfeild with self opening traps iron grasp and agitation

• Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother Member Posts: 149

I was told last night that I only beat this SWF on Gas Heaven because I was playing Legion.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,463

Don't worry, my friend, for the rework shall fix it:

-Worse visuals

-Breakable Walls which create infinites

-Safe pallets.

Fair and balanced map.

/s

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

I was told the same and that other maps should be like Haddonfield. 😂

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446

That survivor is on some good stuff.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

It's a Survivor favored map for sure, but I'm guessing you threw all the blame on the map and buried your head in unsportsmanlike text.

Like this one...

And I'm sure you tell the Survivors "I'm sorry, I got the map/Killer combo layout that was a free win for me." when the shoe is on the other foot?

Or since you probably will respond that's not possible.

Do you apologize to the remaining Survivors when people disconnect at the start of the match (or even really at all it can end the match there) even though you got a free win from it?

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

From the sound of it, it seems like you messaged them first. I agree with you and all this person sounds like an idiot, but DMing them to be passive aggressive sounds unnecessary to me. I understand you were upset you got screwed by a ######### map, but you should just move onto the next match next time.

• NoTerrorRadius
    NoTerrorRadius Member Posts: 201

Ouch. You just have to take that on the chin. I think I've only ever gotten 3K at haddonfield, it's tough.

As a survivor I usually have no issues there, although sometimes my team has been slaughtered (it's how I learned the POWER of The Executioner in the right hands.)

Tough match! It's part of the game, you can't fault the survivors. If they burned an offering to get that map, good for them. Playing to win.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723

The Myers house can become a near infinite if the survivor plays correctly.

At least 2 or 3 of the other houses have safe windows.

The house of pain is....the house of pain.

The fences and hedges can be stupidly long and impossible to counter without a ranged attack.

The spawn locations are unpredictable and if you spawn in as killer in the middle of the street, you're screwed on finding people quickly.

The gens are spread out and hard to actually get to/defend.

Numerous safe pallets connected to windows are a guarantee.

Yeah, killer sided map for sure....

• Avignon
    Avignon Member Posts: 133

Rofl, didn't ScottJund prove that the meyer's house with the window on basement side is a literal infinite vs 110 killers?

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,366

I remember someone on these forums saying that Azarov's Resting Place was a survivor sided map. Some people who play these games really don't understand how to play effectively on certain maps.

• WishIcouldmain

Yes I said thanks for Haddonfield sarcastically first because it was a frustrating game and I brought a killer who sucks on the map like most of them.