The DBD Solo-q experience.

GoodBoyKaru
GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,763

Yui DC'd on second down.

Cheryl DC'd on first down, after Yui.

Dwight sticks it but kills himself on 2nd hook for me to get hatch.

And then there's me, chased for a lot of the game and did most gen progress.

Well this game was fun.

Comments

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Solo q is most of time waste of time... So I'm not suprised with that result nothing can surprise me in solo q anymore seems like it's actual bots not players

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521
  • malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Yep. The first hooked dude will often DC or just try to suicide off the hook as fast as they can. It's pitiful.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

DC on second hook? Lucky! My soloQ teammates DC right at the start of the game, just after half a minute in game, no hooks, nothing. And I'm not even joking, happened twice today. Btw, both were console players, too. Console survivor meta is never short of surprises.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

I know this sounds really backwards, but I’d rather have teammates that DC than teammates that don’t do ######### the entire game.

Its sort of the same effect on the game, except they’re just not waiting around for hatch.

• GoodBoyKaru

Bold of you to assume either of these two DCs occured past the 2 minute mark.

They didn't do anything anyway so I don't think it really mattered.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

That's not even the worst solo queue experience.

Yesterday I looped a Doctor for 3 minutes in 1 single chase.

He ended up begging the other PC players to sandbag me.

They teamed up, killed and bm'd me, then he let them go.

PC master race players at their finest.

Yes, I reported them.

No, they won't get banned.

• Milkymalk
    Milkymalk Member Posts: 221

Interesting. You do know that even on PC, killers can't communicate with the survivors until the match is over, right?

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,598

Is it bad I actually agree that this build can get a little oppressive? Especially on someone like Blight or Spirit.

• GoodBoyKaru

I don't think so??? It's like, against a 4man tournament SWF then it's completely fine but against 4 solos, who don't do anything then just DC, it's like,, how can people think it's okay vs them?

which then brings up the severe issues between solos and SWF so hey BHVR please buff solos and not in the form of perks thanks.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

I'm very aware of that my friend. That's why he swung in the air similar to "I want to farm". After they had been toying around they were all just running through the map looking for me. When they found me things went as described.

Maybe they were together before the match even started. I encountered lots of "the killer is my friend" survivors lately.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,153

The problem is both sides pushed each other to only play with a max efficiency load out in case the opposition is running that kind of power and when you don't then gg no fun allowed.

This time it was the killer going overboard next time it might be the survivors, solo or not.

(But yes, just like since 2 years already, they should buffs information for solo to equalize with swf and coms and balance killer accordingly aka bring all 3 groups on the same base level)

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,598

Yeah, it is not good that a Nurse can go all out against 4 solos, just like a SWF can go all out against a casual killer. But then again, I doubt this will ever change.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 753

I had a match where I got chased for a solid 3

min against a learning nurse who did seem to have some practice but manageable on my end. She eventually dropped chase with me. Only 1 gen was done. I then proceeded to complete 3 gens and 99 the last one as my last teammate alive was downed and left to be slugged. I picked them up, popped the gen as she downed him again. I opened the door and left.

from the little I could see my teammates just ran into the open never bothering to LOS at any point. Furthermore to my horror my r7 self had r1-3 teammates and we were against a r16 nurse. If I could have I would have told the nurse gg as she got 9 hooks.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,065

Full Slowdown-Blight as well. Someone who is really confident in playing Killer.

But yeah, this is the Solo Queue experience. Even tho, I would not really blame that Cheryl too much, the game was most likely over once Yui DCed... At least when it happens in my games, I cannot really be mad at people who want to get out of a game which is lost because some other Survivor DCed or suicided on first Hook.

• GoodBoyKaru

it's really, really annoying but yeah at this point people just run nothing but the best because DBD is cursed to give us the dreaded 4man (or really tryharding killer) as soon as we remove anything meta. like, i take off wglf for stake out and get this #########, game before is a twins, one of which wglf would've been amazing and the other was... this blight.

so yeah, there are a load of solutions to fix this issue but just... dont nerf swf, buff solos and then if needed buff killers. please bhvr i am on my knees begging by now.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

At that point as killer, I farm with the rest. But that's just me. I don't expect killers to do that, but I just don't want to face survivors who are at an unfair disadvantage. I've met some pretty cool survivors thanks to that, though.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

I generally end up playing with my food, so to speak. Giving survivors plenty of chances so I get more chases in, etc, because I find it really boring to 'win' without having done many chases.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited May 2021

I don't think I've seen the DC icon in months. My experience is more along the lines of potatoes playing like they're in a SWF team because they probably are but don't realise that co-ordination and communication doesn't extend to people not currently in their VC.

Like this crazy Cheryl that threw the trial trying to save someone from an obviously facecamping Bubba instead of doing gens. Or their other buddy that camped a ######### window against a Bubba. Congrats, he went into tantrum and you got a mouthful of soft, wet Badham mud.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

This is why I let survivors farm when I play killer. I know what it's like when the shoe is on the other foot.

Plus, 99% of survivors are very appreciative.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

Jarvis, select Blight, open loadout, run perks Tinkerer, Ruin, Undying, Pop, queue up.

(If you use these perks please no take this personally I'm just memeing)

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951
    edited May 2021

Is it not like console? On PSN, The Killer can easily communicate with any other PSN Survivor at any point in the lobby or even during the trial itself. And any dead or DC Survivors can contact The Killer if they are also on PSN. It happens when people want to farm or The Killer wants to target someone.

On topic, I have been left to die on the first hook WITH Kindred AND Open-Handed lol Everyone can clearly see The Oni 32 meters away.

• C_Frank
    C_Frank Member Posts: 179

Solo Q are cancer. i dont think mmr is the problem. we need a feature to ban or avoid bad team mates.

• GoodBoyKaru

this may seem like an odd request but can we avoid comparing a terminal illness to a state of play in a video game?

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    edited May 2021

What's wrong with agreeing with sluzzy? Just because he's provocative it doesn't mean he says wrong stuff. It's just stuff people don't want to hear. Sometimes he exaggerates (bbq is fine come on) but the overall message is not wrong, killers have it extremely easy most of the times

That build btw is oppressive against most swfs too, it's just killer easy mode, and I'm sorry you had to go against it, but hey what do you expect by a blight?

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

Also i know you're into cows, but i don't have any pic of them right now, so here's a picture of my cats begging me for food so you can forget about that game

• GoodBoyKaru

your cats are adorable and something i really needed right now

• Milkymalk
    Milkymalk Member Posts: 221

Yes, but no. Survivors can chat with other survivors in the lobby, and everyone can chat after the game. If the killer wants to talk to a survivor before the game ends, he would have to add that survivor to his Steam friends list, the survivor has to approve the friend invite, and then they can talk over the Steam client. As the survivors can't see the killer's name before the game ends, that is the only way.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

I love and hate solo q, I got to rank 1 with an amazing solo team against a great huntress and then the next day I had a red rank team urban evading and not doing gens ;w;

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

Well, I don't know what I expected.

• NITRAS42
    NITRAS42 Member Posts: 170

I’m a killer main. The reason I’m a killer main is because soloQ sucks.

I fully agree that the biggest threat to survivors isn’t the killer.. . . It’s the worthless teammates.

• GoodBoyKaru

unironically same the only reason i main killer is because survivor is unbearable to play lmao