Haddonfield...

sorrowen
sorrowen Member Posts: 742
edited December 2018 in General Discussions

Is literally the worst map in the game please devs change so its actually you know fun...

Post edited by sorrowen on

Comments

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    Is ANYBODY (killer) at their best in haddonfield?

Some killers may do better there, yes, but is this map a "strong" map for any particular killer!?
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

Some killers may do better there, yes, but is this map a "strong" map for any particular killer!?
    Trapper? Hag?
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@The_Crusader said:
    Attackfrog said:

Trapper? Hag?

They probably perform better than other M1 killers, but they dont really perform better on haddonfield than on other maps

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i think out of all the available maps, the city maps are the worst. not only do they have the usual number of pallets, but they also have ridiculous amounts of, mostly safe, windows.
    so haddonfield and springwood are literally the worst maps you could play on as killer (2nd place would go to indoor maps and 3rd to the farm btw).
    i think a good change would be to remove any windows from the 1st floor of houses, as these windows are always 100% safe, as there is no way for the killer to get an alternative route around this window (unless this one window in springwood) and the killer can also not see where the survivor is going when climbing through the window himself, which is very strong combined with the fact, that survivors could just go back inside the house and repeat this again and again.
    and dont even get me started on double window spots (jump out of a house and instantly over a fence) or even tripple window spots (looking at you, lerys memorial!)

all in all, i think these maps need some huge reworks, or, when they finally create a casual and competetive mode, taken ut of the map pool completely for competetive.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Trapper, but still bad
  • GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464

I would take Haddonfield over The Swamp or Lerys any day of the week!

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

yea! I DC always on these maps! I dont care. I play for fun. Not for stress.

• A_Crow
    A_Crow Member Posts: 193
    The swamp is worse.
  • last_juggernaut
    last_juggernaut Member Posts: 44
    edited December 2018
    Michael with scratched mirror and M&A is beyond lethal in Haddonfield. I've pretty much 4k in every map with him except for the ######### swamp. I can't even find my way in there sometimes.
  • NoodleLegs
    NoodleLegs Member Posts: 317
    The farm is the best for me as killer, i do worse on every other map. 
  • Oink_Oink
    Oink_Oink Member Posts: 79

@Attackfrog said:

trapper can place his traps really well in the hallways or around the houses. same for hag. myers can be more fun than strong but it's decend.

• KatFever78
    KatFever78 Member Posts: 26
    I wish Haddonfield was bigger. Such a small map. 
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@sorrowen said:
    Is literally the worst map in the game please devs change so its actually you know fun...

Are you talking from a killer POV or survivor?

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

I would say keep it the same, it is so fun right now and changing would make it weird, bigger would make the map worse for the killer side and easier for the survivor side, current state is different, but meh

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Haddonfield for someone who have a balanced landing is a heaven

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
    edited December 2018

@Attackfrog said:

Some killers may do better there, yes, but is this map a "strong" map for any particular killer

No one does, because it has too many safe areas, too many vaults, building jumps. Trapper should be able to put traps where survivors land, but there is way too many window vaults, they legit need to remove the rooftop awnings and replace them with simple drop openings like Mcmillan, and cut the upstairs building vaults in half, make shrubs shorter and less thick, fix fence rng to make more openings and maybe the map would be fair. Even Nurse does crap at this map unless gen spawn.

• Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392
    I love it when I am running my Hag. Knowing where people drop and setting traps creates a lot of chaos for those safe places. It’s the same reason I like Lerys.  

Other killers though? It’s a pain because of all those things. The inability to deny safety makes it easier for survivors to get around and away from you. Even a hillbilly struggles there as his greatest asset is removed from him on the majority of the map.