Trophies Transferring to PS5

kramer_21
kramer_21 Member Posts: 3
edited March 2021 in General Discussions

Will the trophies I’ve earned on the PS4 version unlock once I upgrade to the PS5 version? I understand currently this is not occurring, but is there plans or the ability to change this?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Best Answer

• kramer_21
    kramer_21 Member Posts: 3
    Answer ✓

Yeah thanks for the feedback. I can confirm DBD on PS5 will not automatically unlock earned trophies from PS4. The PS5 sees them as 2 different games. You can swap versions in the main hub. Your DBD profile however will have everything synced always. Some PS5 games do have Auto Unlock’s but the majority doesn’t.

Actually I’ve been rePlating the PS5 version and it’s actually not too bad because a lot of them work together. The worst one: for killer - skilled huntress (evil incarnate isn’t bad just gotta focus on it) for survivor - left for dead. Still haven’t got it but got damn close.

Answers

• MetaDeth
    MetaDeth Member Posts: 31

Bump.

I'd like to know as well.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,936

No, the trophies earned on the PS4 do not unlock on the PS5 as far as I'm aware. I also don't believe this will change.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

So i gotta unlock the platinum again? :O

Do you know if this counts for other games too?

Because if yes i gotta need to unlock alot of plats before i get my PS5 this month.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,936

I don't know if it counts for other games, I believe it does but I'm not sure.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,501
    edited June 2021

Cold war transfered my platinum from ps4 to ps5? Idk why dbd wouldn't. Now im over here trying to get skilled huntress a second time. Upsetti spaghetti. Cold war might save the progress internally so you auto unlock them when you transfer over to the ps5. At least thats my best guess why i kept mine.

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 616

I can confirm that it does not unlock 99% of trophies, as I have the platinum on PS4. The trophies related to 50-3 do unlock. This was very annoying to me, as they obviously took the time to give us credit for the one thing we might not be able to do again, but expect us to redo some of the worst trophies to ever be created and didn't bother making sure they work. The PS5 trophies are even buggier than PS4 were. For instance, killing 4 survivors in the same match (not sacrificing) triggered for me on a second sacrifice while two others were still alive.

They are still as grindy as they were the first time, so I have no intention of finishing them again, but my son is working on and almost has his platinum for a second time. He only needs to finish sac 500. The hatchet throws was the worst if I remember correctly. Requiring Merciless victories for killers adepts when survivors can crawl out after hiding in lockers all game to get their adept is another reason I refuse to waste my time.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

Nope you have to unlock them allll over again.... I refuse to re platinum this game 😂

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

Not a chance in hell I will be re-doing three years worth of work. RIP Platinum.

• kal2210
    kal2210 Member Posts: 13

Why is this not an account unlock? Every other similar game to this handles it this way and they track everything. It seems like it’d be possible to implement.