The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What is considered a win in this game?

Just occurred to me... And for both sides. I mean clearly if the killer kills all 4 survivors it's a win. If all 4 survivors escape it's a win. But what else is considered winning for the killers and survivors? Like is 2 kills and 2 escapes a tie? Can someone shed some light on this for me? The game doesn't seem to focus a lot on what's winning.

Comments

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

Whatever you make it out to be. To some, escaping or killing is a win. To others, getting 4Es or 4Ks is a win. To still others, pipping is a win. Some people even prefer to DEpip.

Some people think of winning as gaining all the achievements, maxing out all the characters, etc. It really boils down to personal choice. To me, escaping as a solo survivor is a win and getting at least a couple of kills is a win.

• velosinhooo
    velosinhooo Member Posts: 295

Yes, 2 escapes and 2 sacrifices/ moris is a tie, 3 escapes is a loose, 3 sacrifices is a win, there are some guys that consider pips the win, others consider bp winning, its very subjective to understand whats winning at this game.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

If you're playing for rank then yes, pipping is the determining factor between winning or losing.

HOWEVER

Tombstone Myers always safety pips at best even if you 4k. If Rank doesn't matter to you then it's just up to your experience with that trial. Was it satisfying? Did you enjoy giving that last survivor the hatch? Then...who cares. You win.

If you're survivor and you spent all game crouching in the corner and ran out the exit gate as soon as your team carried you, did you really win? Wasn't that boring? Yeah you didn't die but...I feel like you lost. You know?

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited June 2021

2-2 is a tie for either side.

3k is still a win on killer as all that typically means is they got hatch which you can hardly count as it's just a freebie pity escape and most don't wanna be forced to slug for the 4k.

1k on killer is a loss.

For survivor 3 escapes is a win, 1 escape is a loss.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

at the rate of games I've been playing, causing a DC or bullying someone to tears

• velosinhooo

PLaying as survivor or killer? Probably killer but just to specify

• bobateo
    bobateo Member Posts: 368

"I did better this game than my last game." That's my personal win condition no matter what role I play.

I've played trapper with a nasty 3 gen right next to shack with basement and absolutely wrecked an equally ranked team with literally 2 traps on shack. I've also gotten obliterated on Coldwind (I hate u corn).

I've had Surv games where I've gotten max BP (rarer with Surv) and games that were just a painful bloodbath.

Don't let anyone dictate the win for you, is my advice. We all want different things from the game.

• velosinhooo

Tombstone Myers is not SS tier as some people say, if you just normally loop him and get some distance you can avoid being killed by him, something good to know, is that when Myers has the tombstone, at tyer 3 his hand will be opened, his hand is normally closed at tier 3.

• velosinhooo

I mean there is no point the killer quiting the match after being in a hard chase, just if he commited to you for 4 entire gens, then its understandable, and I usually quit as survivor when I see a bad team, like they left me to die on my 1 hook after buying them 4 gens and not even being face camped, they just left me on the hook opened the exit gates and escaped the match, not even trying, thats why Im spirit main lol

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Win for me is having fun and earn decent amount of BP. Pip is a good bonus but that's just optional

• Paina
    Paina Member Posts: 231

It's different for everyone. For me a win is, when I've had fun and not, if I get a 4k. I've ended so many games after 5 minutes with 4k and yeah, not satisfying, not fun. Or I've escaped as a survivor, where the killer haven't seen me once, yay, awesome :/ Not fun, not a win. So you can't say 4k is a win, many BP is a win, a pip is a win, since everyone plays this game for different reasons. So you have to find out what's a win for yourself.

• ClumsyTrapper
    ClumsyTrapper Member Posts: 544

If something happens to make me actually laugh I call it a win, otherwise it's just another bp grind game

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Win condition is a pip.

Draw is a black pip.

Loss is a depip.

• Demiurg
    Demiurg Member Posts: 122

For me 1 or more escape gates = surv team win.

4k or 1 escape hatch = killer win.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,549

I’ve come to the realisation that I typically leave matches satisfied if I got 24K or more BPs out of it. As survivor, that tells me I did something for the team, regardless of my own survival. For Killer, it tells me I at least tried my best and at this point I don’t really care about anything else anymore. Emblems were never it for me.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    edited June 2021

If I play survivor, Escaping or completing my mission is a win for me. Or if I die but my teammates escape, that's also a win for me.

If I play killer, killing 3 survivors or completing a mission is a win for me.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

For me if 2 or more survivors escape, it's a survivor win. If 3 or 4 survivors are sacrificed/killed, it's a killer win. If I double pip, I also consider that a win.

• TwitchyMike
    TwitchyMike Member Posts: 759

I appreciate everyone's answers it actually helped me identify what I think winning is. I think if I get a challenge done, or a pip I guess is what they call it. Or I survive. Or get a decent amount of BP I feel decent. I guess I'm just used to a Win/Lose Ratio from certain games. But I guess the game doesn't really keep track of "Winning games" So it's nice to just focus on playing well I guess as apposed to just "winning the game" Or the match etc etc.

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148

As killer: 3k because of the thematic last survivor barely making it out through the gate. i treat it like a 4k if they get hatch.

As survivor: Me escaping or at least the rest escape. Minimum being 2 other survivors.

• Eros_LucianoTTV
    Eros_LucianoTTV Member Posts: 42

No clear definition. For me, pip is considered a win as killer. For survivor, an escape.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Yea 25k base points after a match is a good time spent in my books, therefore its a win no matter the outcome.

Pips can be good, but without BP it means nothing especially if you already got rank 1 many times before.

• Kate_Main_01
    Kate_Main_01 Member Posts: 504

2 escapes and 2 kills is what the devs have said is a balanced game. As others have said 4k/3k or 4e/3e is a pretty clear win for either side if that is the basis being used.

If I'm having a night where I'm focused on winning then I pay attention to points. Playing Killer will usually yield more points than playing Survivor (it's part of why the Survivor grind can be so punishing) but I have seen plenty of rounds where one or two Survivors will get more points even though they didn't escape. I think that this is usually a better gauge of my personal skill and gameplay than a pip/depip or an escape or not.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,116

It's whatever you decide. The devs have deliberately not defined it so people can make their own objectives each game.

Mine is simplistically: pip for win; black pip for draw; depip for loss. It doesn't matter how anyone else defines it, or attempts to force their opinion of a win on to you.

Enjoy the game as you like to.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

Its personal opinion

For me, if you as escape as survivor, that is an individual win, but for a team win three must escape.

As killer, 3 kills is a win, or no one escapes through exit gate.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

As killer 4 dead or 3 + hatch

As solo survivor pipping is a win

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

If you use pips to tell what is a win, then there can be win-win or lose-lose situations? Is it possible that the killer and survivors depip at the same time?

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited June 2021

For me a win is when I kill at least three survivors, two survivorrs a tie, only ony survivor or anyone a lose.

I don't really mind the pips or if the entity is displeased or not.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

At certain ranks, yes, which makes pips a bit irrelevant, if you ask me. Who's ever heard of a competitive game where everyone wins or loses?

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,896

I think the win conditions are pretty much set by the individual player at this point. For me it's a pip and 4 stacks of BBQ as a killer, and as a survivor it's at least 2 Head On's in a match and a pip (living or dying or killing doesn't come into it).

• velosinhooo

I care about pips because the game reseted me from 4-13 so I was pissed but now I could get back to r1 and I want to continue at my loved r1.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

I got a 3k at 4gens (with the 4th getting the hatch) and was informed I got "rekt" and should kill myself, etc. So I assume as killer you need a 4k and as survivor you need to spawn into the map?

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

For Survivor: Escaping

For Killer: At least 2 kills

That's how I see it as well as how everyone I know who plays this game sees it.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,494

*sees mandys survivor conditions they set* me:*runs mettle of man* the true chad win condition lol.

• MrCrazyCat62
    MrCrazyCat62 Member Posts: 168

I once heard someone say 3 kills/escapes. 2 being just a draw.

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 1,021

for me, if I get 4 stacks of BBQ I win, cuz I will make more points than the survivors even they escape

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

For me: Getting at least one angry chat message for hook or basement camping.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,051

Make it up.

• TwitchyMike
    TwitchyMike Member Posts: 759

Hmm... Interesting. I mean I traditionally like a set of win conditions but I guess it's kind of nice. It makes trash talk interesting because if someone says.. "Boy you suck." And I could say, "What are you talking about? I won!" Cause maybe you got a challenge done, or a pip, or idk maybe winning is you hitting the wall 100 times in a match lol xD

• Quake
    Quake Member Posts: 230
    edited June 2021

Streamers like Otz with countless win streaks consider a win a 4k + 3k if 1 gets mercy/gets hatch and 2k a tie.

Others consider a win +1.

Depends how u see it.

• TroyXX
    TroyXX Member Posts: 69

Killer = Kills all survivors

Survivor = Escapes

Simple, don't overthink it

• arcticgirl36
    arcticgirl36 Member Posts: 137

I had a pig game where I did really well early on and 3 people with tampered timer and box of gears, and 3 people died early on without getting their traps off. The last person I let go through the hatch. Yes, I depipped. And yes, I considered that a win.

• Itooshie
    Itooshie Member Posts: 174

I consider a win, not feeling like deleting my game after the match 🤷