Tedious maps that usually go under the radar

nursewannabe
nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
edited June 2021 in General Discussions

Yamaoka's family estate

Needless to say I just had it twice in a row and both games were utterly terrible so it's kind of a arnt thread. I just feel like this map is so insanely big and endless and long and with so many LoS breakers and I ######### hate it every time. Give me corn maps please not this one

Comments

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

No sure if it's under the radar because other people have complained about it as well, but I almost always get waxxed on Gas Heaven.

Tough map for killers.

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032

I hate..... HATE any I shaped maps. so azarovs resting place and sanctum of wrath are my least favorites in the game.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

I don't like Coal Tower.

The tower itself can be used as an infinite and most times I play on it as Survivor I lose because my teammates love running the killer instead of healing, unhooking, or doing gens.

I guess its all circumstance but the amount of bad games I've had on Coal Tower rival Haddonfield.

• ManWithALemon
    ManWithALemon Member Posts: 422

Badham. Every single building in that map is a W key fest with god windows and pallets, and the stuff on the streets isn't exactly the most unsafe thing in the game either.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

Sanctum of wrath is next on my list yes. Same problems as estate but at least from the central building you can get a good view of the map and spot stuff like crows or scratches

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,743

it's literally pyramid head's worst map. in the entirety of dbd. i despise it

and it's awful for survivor too

• MrPsych
    MrPsych Member Posts: 265

Seconding Azarov's Resting Place. The map feels so big and it's such a contrast from the main attraction of the map, the office, which is small and puny and tucked in the corner of the map. Say what you will about Sanctum's Wrath for having similar issues, at least the main building is impressive and offers hell of a nice view. It also has a better map flow in general.

Azarov's is just so boring and empty. At this point I'm happier seeing Gas Heaven pop up even though it's one of the worst killer maps. At least the main building is cool.

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446

Badham Preschool, Groaning Storehouse, Ironworks of Misery, Dead Dawg Saloon, and Red Forest maps to name a few more.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,463

As they say, to each their own. But I despise it: playing Freddy on it is not the most pleasant of experiences, it is bad for survivor, the map itself looks out of place and its main building is painful sometimes.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

I hate both haddonfield and shelter woods

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

Backwater Swamp. I'm perfectly fine with the grass, it's just that I get it, like, every other game and it's annoying to try and pressure.

Dead Dawg. Pretty much every killer I own is ######### on this map, and the breakable walls and basement placements are physically painful to me.

Wrecker's Yard. I hate the whole thing so much. Especially the gas station.

Yomaoka estate. Do I even have to say it?

And, of course, Badham, the Game, and Haddonfield.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,962

I've never liked yamaoka estate something about the environment and tiles is just ugh to me

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

Wish they just deleted Shelter woods, wreckers yard and rotten fields.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I still don't know why the devs think the Great Wall of Trash is necessary. If they wanted to keep it, redo the walls around the map as trash.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

Haddonfield is probably the worst map for me performance wise for killer, followed by red forest.

I actually like dead dawg saloon, not too big, and pretty decent for my 3 main killers. Doctor , Wraith and Demo.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Groaning storehouse has a 3 gen time waste with that little window on the side. If you run it the other way you can reset it with the big hole in the wall.

All Badham maps are disgusting

Haddonfun is tedious

The new corn needs to be deleted and reworked or just put the old corn back.

Basically all the reworked maps have been made worse in some way for killer.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Badham Preschool the people who say reworked maps have just deadzones ignore the atrocity of Badham.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,090

I kind of like the estate. It's far superior to Sanctum.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Dead Dawg Saloon can bite my ass.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

I really dislike Suffocation Pit, Azarov's Resting Place, Wrecker's Yard, Rotten Fields, and Shelter Woods.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Dead dawg matters which killer you are, but Suffo pit is hugely overlooked as it's easily one of the most survivor sided maps with such insane setup in the centre of the map. Doesn't matter about any other part of the map you can just run mid and get a ton of free chained pallets and windows.