The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Escaping should stop you from de-pipping

You could be chased all game but if you somehow escape you could still lose a pip. I just don't see how that's fair if I'm being honest.

Comments

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

simple fix: escaping through the exit gate guarantees a safety pip

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510
    edited June 2021

I've noticed getting chased first is undesirable - it doesn't pay well in blood points. I think that is the problem that should get fixed over not de-pipping for just escaping. If escape is the only criteria then some survivors (many survivors) that don't do anything useful during a match would get their rank inflated unfairly - more so than what they are getting carried toward already.

Edit: Getting chased first = no lightbringer, probably no altruism (you become a source of other people's altruism), and you are risking unbroken. So yeah - that's the problem that should get fixed imo especially if devs want to encourage that kind of interaction.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

You are talking about two separate things: escaping and being chased whole game.

For being chased you should get more points.

For escaping you shouldn't get pip or safety pip by default, because maybe you didn't do anything the whole game.

• Babawizwiz
    Babawizwiz Member Posts: 347
  • Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

If they do that, getting a 2k as killer should get you a safety pip as well.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    edited June 2021

No, because someone could still do nothing, and have the other 3 survivors do everything else.

• Iseywan
    Iseywan Member Posts: 4

Yeah but what if you are a high rank and are getting chased all game or you're a high rank and the killer isn't great so you don't get boldness/altruism you can still lose a pip.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Only if escaping is a requirement for piping.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

If you did nothing towards your objective you probably shouldn't even safety pip I could see maybe making your boldness emblem worth more towards pipping but I don't think the Claudette who was blending the whole game and did not even half a gen or interact with the killer at all and escaped by being carried should even safety pip.

• Dodgingbears
    Dodgingbears Member Posts: 252

First of all, the pip system is there based on emblems to encourage good gameplay, less camping, less hanging around hooks, and it does work for the most part, especially at higher ranks.

Second, I understand the frustration, but what about someone who has a key and hides until the hatch spawns? They should not saftey pip. Adding conditions like "if you get max bold AND escape then you saftey pip" is one idea, but then things get complicated and killers like huntress and hag you will never max chase against... so it doesnt really work...

To me the reality is that you can just get it back next game... you helped everyone else in the team if you really ran them all game... and if you can manage to throw some other actions, you can saftey pip, but if not its not the end of the world.

The rank system is not an idication of skill. it is not based on mmr, you can get higher ranks by just playing a lot... so dont sweat it. dont let a game tilt you and continue to be positive and you will have a better experience... forget ranks. I never look at it.... and my gameplay is better and my experience is better for it.

ALso I would love to loop a killer all game over getting a superficial pip that means nothing.... that is my idea of fun and I do it all the time, or try to, and I very often pip or double bc a good killer should know when to break chase and that gives you some protection while you do other objectives.

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522

I think the entire pip system is weird. I can get 12k points and pip and I can get 20k points and not pip. I can kill every survivor and not pip, I can kill one survivor and pip. Its weird.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Disagree. Usually the survivors who depip when escaping are the ones who do nothing but gen rush or hide the whole game.

Same way a killer can get a 4k by camping and still depip

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,899

I will agree with that, whilst I don't think the Emblem System is without faults I do think that the whole idea behind the design of it works - you pip if you do a variety of things in the game and the game is very dependent on killer/survivor interactions. It does suck sometimes when you don't get the opportunity to get altruism points (for example) but then you can easily say that because you didn't get a chance to do any of these things, why should you get a pip to rank up, because you didn't show in that match that you earned that.

Objective points are only part of the pip system for survivors, and I wouldn't really like to see someone who only does gens, does no chase, doesn't assist with saving other survivors gain pips to rank up when they focus only on one part of the game. A pip should be awarded to players that interact with all parts of the game.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Exactly. There's times where the killer is afk the whole game or gives up early and your pretty much guaranteed a depip but unfortunately that's what happens.