Killer Tier List (Personal)

Malakir
Malakir Member Posts: 799
edited December 2018 in General Discussions

Since I don't really know if there is an official tier list and don't think there is I wanted to share what I think about the killers and make a tier list based on my personal opinion. Its arguable of course and I'd like to see the feedback.

Premises The list might change during future patch notes and would be updated to see feedback by more experienced player or other people thoughts in general.

God Tier

Nurse

Nurse can approach survivors ignoring the limitations that every other killer suffer. She can teleport and have a huge impact during the game, extremely difficult to deal with in the right hands. Her only weakness is stealth, good stealthy survivors can be able to make it out alive. Even in that case tho, if she finds you pray won't be enough

HillBilly

Thanks to his power, Billy can create a massive pressure, few maps makes him tricky to play, but when you get the hang of it won't be a problem. His insta down is massive if timed right cutting the chase in half ( get it? ). Unlike nurse he won't be able to ignore every obstacle but his chainsaw help a lot even in that situation giving him more than one chance to mind game survivors and secure a broken knee

High Tier

The Spirit

The spirit even if slower than the average killer, can instill fear just by her scream. It's not easy to pick up and require to be careful even to the tiniest sound since when leaves the dusk behind, she become blind and only the sounds are your ally. Her mind game is solid making the survivor make the wrong choice in a stall situation. With the right equipment and in the right hands she can be a real threat

The Huntress

One of the most innocent, yet threatening killers. Her hatchets will reach you wherever you are, no obstacles would matter when she hunts her prey. Running won't be enough, no matter how fast you can vault windows or try to dodge, since one hatch might be enough for your demise. Hopefully you would be smart enough to not hide in a locker against her, right Dwight?

--- Mid Tier---

Mid High Tier

The Hag

Scary Looking, Queen of the jumpscares, the Hag can be devastating if you don't take her seriously. Her traps makes the trials she's in a battlefield, every step can be your last. When she chases even a little mistake can lead to your death, a trap triggers and you would miss a vault that might have saved your life even for just a little longer. For those who knows her strength, she's unstoppable, nowhere to hide and nowhere is safe. Better don't make fun of her height, she might appear behind you and won't be pretty

The Pig

_She might look funny but the only things would laughs are the JigSaw Boxes. Her reversed bear-traps are an ingenious method to keep busy her prey. The have to make a choice to survive, if they choose wrong.. Silent and deadly the Pig can force the poor victims to fall on their own tricks with a dash at the right time in the right place. Even if you won't say by her look, her speed won't betray you and won't be too hard to start a little game with those who steps in the trials

Michael Myers

_Myers, how can you forget of this face. One of the most scary entities you can find in the trials. He would stare at you in the shadow, when you realize you ain't alone would be already too late. He's might get pretty obsessed with some people, its really hard to understand how he chooses his favorite victim but it would make sure you won't forget his face. No matter how far you goes, he watches you and more he watch less possibilities you would have later on to survive. Our little neighborhood stalker _

Mid Low Tier

The Clown

Nobody can resist to his sex appeal. This kinky unit would make sure you would get the best smoke you would ever had, too bad would even be your last. Eyes in tears, coughs and confusion are just for starters, then as dessert you can't miss his Finger Food he prepared just for you. Even from a distance he will be able to spread his little gifts, just be careful, he's faster as he looks!

The Doctor

His smile is just delightful. You won't miss him, he loves to make an electrifying entrance in the trials. Victims screams are his favorite song, no matter for how long you think you can hold it, you'll eventually sing for him. Even if his electrical stick look scary, don't worry, he's a medic after all. Sadly his impatience makes him miss few swings but don't worry, he'll take care of you. Its not the most threatening killer but he can still instill fear for those that tries to hide from him

Low Tier

The Cannibal

Shouldn't surprise you what he loves. He's just a simple guy, give him a chainsaw and he'll be happy the whole year! He can't stop swinging that thing left and right, let's hope nobody is in his way or he might decide to wear it whoever it is. The only problem with him is enthusiastic behavior, that might lead to lose his prey quite often, maybe that's why he's so protective when he catches one

The Wraith

Our shy Killer it's quite a loner. He never knows how to introduce himself, maybe that's why he got that bell. Lucky for him that gives him the ability to lurk around without being spotted and block with his gracious shape any escape. Might be easy to spot but I bet that's his intention so everybody would be prepared for the slaughter. Too bad he loves so much long chases, sometimes might make him lose his new friends

The Trapper

This lovely guy loves to decorate the trial with lovely bear traps, loves to see them flourish like roses when someone steps on them. Maybe that's why he has such a big smile on his face, nobody can resist especially when trying to make the same one on your face. Despite his shape he's quite fast and won't be too hard to catch up to fool victims, careful where you step

DARN Tier

The Nightmare

A man, an Entity, a Dream, a Nightmare. Better if you stay awake or his finger nails you will taste. His lullaby would make you sleep and a nightmare you will perish. The Nightmare of the trials, even if in the entity world, for the wrong reasons, The nightmare would make sure everybody would take a nap and just have some fun.

Post edited by Malakir on

Comments

• Malakir

@friendlykillermain there you go. Took it long to make it but at last I did it haha

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469

Clown? Low tier?! ... Well you did say this was your own opinion.
    I also realized the descriptions were more jokey and cutesy character profiles than actual game-play notes.
    So .. entertaining read :)

• Maelstrom1313
    Maelstrom1313 Member Posts: 230
    Personally for me outta that list Freddy should be higher then the pig an the clown should be on the bottom as since his release I think I've faced off against him like 4 times an the fact he only has 1 good perk (pop goes the weasel) for me his toxin is way to easy to dodge but that's just my opinion
  • Malakir

Clown? Low tier?! ... Well you did say this was your own opinion.
    I also realized the descriptions were more jokey and cutesy character profiles than actual game-play notes.
    So .. entertaining read :)

Thanks, btw he's mid-low for me not really low since he has a lot of potential but the vault changes kinda messed him up. I divided mid tier in high and low since I didn't like the D to S rate

Yeah that's more of a mental note I got inspired to share. Wished to have a HTML code to work with to make more interactive stuff. Plus listen others opinions is always appreciated
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    If I had to use 6 tiers like you have...

Top tier
    Nurse
    Billy

High tier
    Spirit
    Hag

Mid high tier
    Huntress
    Myers
    Clown

Mid low tier
    Wraith
    Cannibal

Low tier
    Trapper
    Doc
    Pig

Special tier
    Freddy

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I'd mostly agree. I would just put clown above pig and possibly above myers. I definitely wouldn't consider him low tier though.

• last_juggernaut
    last_juggernaut Member Posts: 44
    Whoever says Michael is mid or low haven't played him like he is supposed to be played. With him you don't  chase. You hunt. There's a difference. I've done it all the way up to rank 1s. There is no answer when you use scratched mirror, M&A and some speed perks on him. You can see while not be seen. Pick people off and hide and bait. You don't even need to charge EVIL within to get 4ks. Add PWYF and/STBFL and he flies through the map when needed. There's no looping him because he doesn't chase you. Just wait and watch till they think they're safe and then strike when they least expect it. 
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@The_Crusader said:

Top tier
    Nurse
    Billy

High tier
    Spirit
    Hag

Mid high tier
    Huntress
    Myers
    Clown

Mid low tier
    Wraith
    Cannibal

Low tier
    Trapper
    Doc
    Pig

Special tier
    Freddy

Like most people, you put way to many killer to high.
    Top tier is ONLY Nurse
    The next tier is ONLY Billy.
    And from there you can go further.
    Personal preferences can vary, but Myers is overrated and Cannibal is a low tier killer, because he has nothing going for himself.
    I personally would place Doc higher, but I perform well with him, because I like his PBAoE playstyle... suits me in a lot of other videogames as well.

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469
    edited December 2018

My tier list

Queen -

Nurse

King -

Hillbilly

Bishop -

Spirit
    Hag
    Huntress

Knight -

Meyers
    Clown
    Doc

Rook -

Wraith
    Cannibal
    Trapper
    Pig

Pawn -

Freddy

Post edited by Onionthing on
  • The_Crusader
    Wolf74 said:

@The_Crusader said:

Top tier
    Nurse
    Billy

High tier
    Spirit
    Hag

Mid high tier
    Huntress
    Myers
    Clown

Mid low tier
    Wraith
    Cannibal

Low tier
    Trapper
    Doc
    Pig

Special tier
    Freddy

Like most people, you put way to many killer to high.
    Top tier is ONLY Nurse
    The next tier is ONLY Billy.
    And from there you can go further.
    Personal preferences can vary, but Myers is overrated and Cannibal is a low tier killer, because he has nothing going for himself.
    I personally would place Doc higher, but I perform well with him, because I like his PBAoE playstyle... suits me in a lot of other videogames as well.

If I do letter grades then I put nurse as SS and billy as S, but if doing it this way I'll put him with nurse because i consider them both OP.

I think Myers is overrated too but he's a step above the rest like doc and pig due to instadowns.

Same for LF. With a few decent add ons hes better than a number of other killers purely for instadowns. That really adds a lot to a killer. Also his erm..."defence" game is strong.
  • Malakir
    I see some people thinking mid low its equal low and mid high is equal high even when there is a clear Mid Tier as header.

Mid high tier are those who would need some tweaks to reach higher tier while mid low needs more buffs but not huge ones. 

So there's actually 5 tiers, mid tier high or low still mid tier

@The_Crusader

@Blueberry in fact he is mid. Mid low caused by the vault changes making his gas being kinda messed up, like a indirect Nerf not necessary
  • BingBongBoi
    BingBongBoi Member Posts: 90
    Special tier? Don't you mean the D A R N tier?
  • Malakir
    Special tier? Don't you mean the D A R N tier?
    Omg that's genius hahaha I'm gonna edit that tomorrow
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i love your descriptions on the killers!

also, my list would look somewhat like this:
    Nurse
    Billy
    Myers
    Hag
    Huntress
    Spirit
    Clown
    Trapper
    Doctor
    Wraith
    Pig
    Leatherbilly
    Fredster

• Wolf74

@Mister_xD said:

Nurse
    Billy
    Myers
    Hag
    Huntress
    Spirit
    Clown
    Trapper
    Doctor
    Wraith
    Pig
    Leatherbilly
    Fredster

Trapper is to high :P

• Mister_xD

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

Nurse
    Billy
    Myers
    Hag
    Huntress
    Spirit
    Clown
    Trapper
    Doctor
    Wraith
    Pig
    Leatherbilly
    Fredster

im a trapper main, so yeah...
    i cant place my boy at the bottom, can i?
    that would be heartless...

• Wahara
    Wahara Member Posts: 237

In what world is the huntress better than the hag? I'm willing to listen to arguments about why the spirit may be stronger than the hag, but huntress? I'm going to have to poor a drink and sit down for that one.

• Malakir

@Wahara said:
    In what world is the huntress better than the hag? I'm willing to listen to arguments about why the spirit may be stronger than the hag, but huntress? I'm going to have to poor a drink and sit down for that one.

Would love to. Well my reasons are simple. Huntress is easier to use than Hag which you need to know where to place traps, map knowledge, power knowledge so you can put them in specific spots where survivor might loop so they take extra time to vault for example during a chase caused by the a sudden trap that makes your char goes in that way giving you extra time to hit. The knowledge you need to be a very good Hag its higher and the reward might be almost the same as Huntress but instead of have all that map knowledge, loop location knowledge and power management, you just need a good aim and punish obvious routes and animation locks.

I make this tier, which is just based by personal opinion, even by how hard is to learn X killer and how rewarding is its power. I play hag way more than huntress and love to play even more but I can see that Huntress have lesser requirements with higher rewards compared to hag that have to consider all the points that I made and even more that I might ignore for sure since I'm not that experienced compared to others. That's the reason, a simple scale on learning curve and rewards

• Wahara
    Wahara Member Posts: 237
    edited December 2018

Well, are we really considering ease of use for where place killers on the list? I don't think it's really relevant when we're talking about how powerful a killer is or isn't in the right hands. The rest of your points make sense, though. My only counter point is that the Huntress's hatchets are relatively easy to avoid, and she's easily baited into a spot where it will be difficult for her to have clear shots. You can waste her time for days around the shortest and simplest pallet loops on Macmillan's for example before she gives up and just decides to M1.

A teleport, by comparison, is almost a guaranteed hit. I'll agree with Tyde Tyme that it's not absolutely guaranteed, but virtually are.The chances are absurdly high. As long as you don't reflex hit immediately out of teleport and actually make sure the survivor is facing you first, so as to not suffer from the missed cool down (SpaceCoconut, I love the guy, but he does this a lot), you'll get a hit seconds afterwards. I'll concede that she suffers more in terms of set up, but the rewards are far greater if she has the aforementioned knowledge of maps, routes, etc. She not only gets nigh guaranteed hits, but the power to pressure multiple survivors on different areas of the map at once.

Huntress lacks any real strength to pressure unless you want to count crazy hail Mary shots from across the map. She still slugs around from one corner to another at base 110% movement speed.

Though, I have been told that Huntress, similar to nurse, is more threatening on PC because aiming is easier. I'm on console and never feel particularly intimidated by any huntress unless they're bringing one shot hatchets.

• Wolf74

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

Nurse
    Billy
    Myers
    Hag
    Huntress
    Spirit
    Clown
    Trapper
    Doctor
    Wraith
    Pig
    Leatherbilly
    Fredster

I am a former trapper main.
    It hurts my feelings to say this, but he got weaker every patch and now he can't keep up with all the gen rush and voice com.
    To many direct or indirect nerfs.

• Mister_xD

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

Nurse
    Billy
    Myers
    Hag
    Huntress
    Spirit
    Clown
    Trapper
    Doctor
    Wraith
    Pig
    Leatherbilly
    Fredster

It hurts my feelings to say this, but he got weaker every patch and now he can't keep up with all the gen rush and voice com.

that is true.
    however, i believe that you can still make some good use out of him, when you play him right.
    he can shut down loops and end chases at once.

• Wolf74

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

Nurse
    Billy
    Myers
    Hag
    Huntress
    Spirit
    Clown
    Trapper
    Doctor
    Wraith
    Pig
    Leatherbilly
    Fredster

that is true.
    however, i believe that you can still make some good use out of him, when you play him right.

Of course you can have good matches with him… but very inconsistend.
    And since the effective size of his beartraps got accidently reduced, he can't shut down loops anymore.
    Survivors can squeeze past the trap, but he himself gets caught.
    Devs admitted that the change was not intended, but also never fixed it.
    I am still waiting for them to "look into it".

• Mister_xD

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

Nurse
    Billy
    Myers
    Hag
    Huntress
    Spirit
    Clown
    Trapper
    Doctor
    Wraith
    Pig
    Leatherbilly
    Fredster

that is true.

And since the effective size of his beartraps got accidently reduced, he can't shut down loops anymore.

yes, i have noticed this BS multiple times now.
    as an example, if you trap a window and the survivor fastvaults it from the other side, chances are that he will just jump over the trap, while you still get trapped when trying to vault it.
    or just recently, yesterday, ive had a survivor escape through the hatch, while there was a tra right in front of him. he simply jumped over it.
    devs need to loock back into that.

another thing would be, that he is very map depending. e.g. when playing on the farm, its almost certainly a GG. the mac millian estate though is the one location where he is actually good to play. something i really liked about the trapper was, that he was good on 2 out of 3 possible map locations, back in the old days, while killers like billy were only in their element when in the corn field or at a special map. sadly, none of the following DLC maps were good trapper maps...

• Wolf74

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

Nurse
    Billy
    Myers
    Hag
    Huntress
    Spirit
    Clown
    Trapper
    Doctor
    Wraith
    Pig
    Leatherbilly
    Fredster

that is true.

as an example, if you trap a window and the survivor fastvaults it from the other side, chances are that he will just jump over the trap, while you still get trapped when trying to vault it.
    or just recently, yesterday, ive had a survivor escape through the hatch, while there was a tra right in front of him. he simply jumped over it.

another thing would be, that he is very map depending. e.g. when playing on the farm, its almost certainly a GG. the mac millian estate though is the one location where he is actually good to play. something i really liked about the trapper was, that he was good on 2 out of 3 possible map locations, back in the old days, while killers like billy were only in their element when in the corn field or at a special map. sadly, none of the following DLC maps were good trapper maps...

https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/1354868867706403731/
    Take a look at this old steam thread. I made it in june last year. Since than nothing happend.
    Despite them answering my question on stream and since than a lot of trapper player confirmed the change.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hGYcAXHuN8
    Time 27:19
    But by now there are so many new player that learned that this reduced size is the size they have to play with.
    Only old player remember it the original size.

• Mister_xD

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

Nurse
    Billy
    Myers
    Hag
    Huntress
    Spirit
    Clown
    Trapper
    Doctor
    Wraith
    Pig
    Leatherbilly
    Fredster

that is true.

Take a look at this old steam thread. I made it in june last year. Since than nothing happend.
    Despite them answering my question on stream and since than a lot of trapper player confirmed the change.
    But by now there are so many new player that learned that this reduced size is the size they have to play with.

i have seen this one!
    had no idea this was you though...
    but i think they got reduced even further in later patches, as the window thing i mentiones is definitely not as old as your post / this stream...

• Wolf74

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

Nurse
    Billy
    Myers
    Hag
    Huntress
    Spirit
    Clown
    Trapper
    Doctor
    Wraith
    Pig
    Leatherbilly
    Fredster

that is true.

i have seen this one!
    but i think they got reduced even further in later patches, as the window thing i mentiones is definitely not as old as your post / this stream...

One main point to make Trapper great again, would be the fix for the size of his traps.
    Way to often survivor just run past them even in chokeholds.
    Blocking chokeholds should be the Trappers main strength, but the mechanic is not working anymore.

• Mister_xD

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

Nurse
    Billy
    Myers
    Hag
    Huntress
    Spirit
    Clown
    Trapper
    Doctor
    Wraith
    Pig
    Leatherbilly
    Fredster

that is true.

i have seen this one!

One main point to make Trapper great again, would be the fix for the size of his traps.
    Blocking chokeholds should be the Trappers main strength, but the mechanic is not working anymore.

i dont even know how to response to that...
    you completely nailed it xD

but its nice to have a conversation about the trapper with someone who knows what they are talking about...

Make_Trapper_Great_Again_!

• Wolf74

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

Nurse
    Billy
    Myers
    Hag
    Huntress
    Spirit
    Clown
    Trapper
    Doctor
    Wraith
    Pig
    Leatherbilly
    Fredster

that is true.

i have seen this one!

but its nice to have a conversation about the trapper with someone who knows what they are talking about...

THX^^
    2nd buff he would need is something needs to be done about the insane amount of time you have to waste on collecting all the traps across the map. Either they need to be on him from the start or they need to be way way way more effective.
    Something like a hindered effect on beartraps until healed… I mean, we are walking about a trap that is mangeling your legs!^^

• Malakir
    Wahara said:

Well, are we really considering ease of use for where place killers on the list? I don't think it's really relevant when we're talking about how powerful a killer is or isn't in the right hands. The rest of your points make sense, though. My only counter point is that the Huntress's hatchets are relatively easy to avoid, and she's easily baited into a spot where it will be difficult for her to have clear shots. You can waste her time for days around the shortest and simplest pallet loops on Macmillan's for example before she gives up and just decides to M1.

A teleport, by comparison, is almost a guaranteed hit. I'll agree with Tyde Tyme that it's not absolutely guaranteed, but virtually are.The chances are absurdly high. As long as you don't reflex hit immediately out of teleport and actually make sure the survivor is facing you first, so as to not suffer from the missed cool down (SpaceCoconut, I love the guy, but he does this a lot), you'll get a hit seconds afterwards. I'll concede that she suffers more in terms of set up, but the rewards are far greater if she has the aforementioned knowledge of maps, routes, etc. She not only gets nigh guaranteed hits, but the power to pressure multiple survivors on different areas of the map at once.

Huntress lacks any real strength to pressure unless you want to count crazy hail Mary shots from across the map. She still slugs around from one corner to another at base 110% movement speed.

Though, I have been told that Huntress, similar to nurse, is more threatening on PC because aiming is easier. I'm on console and never feel particularly intimidated by any huntress unless they're bringing one shot hatchets.

Mhm I don't disagree with that, at least not entirely. I play on console too but aside the facr I've seen god huntress even there where she hit me from the other side of the map, I count things in scenarios. With people that are good with them and facing good survivors too, these ones know how to manage a hag, traps included even if with someone tricks I've explained can do well.

Hag its on of the most fun killers for me but I can't judge her just from my experience since I don't have enough compared to really good ones. Seeing her weaknesses and her strengths yeah a teleport give you more map pressure-ish but like trapper suffer a little to set them up. Be for you get a chases gen might have been popped, a trap might be activated during chases in the other part of the map etc. The learning curve is high and even if the hundreds lacks in map control, her chases can finish way faster than the hag for her power. 

If huntress catch a person and take a book, she just need to see another one to start a snowball while having might lack on it depending on the traps that have been activated during the chase + time to set. Huntress I easier and more rewarding even if the Hag its harder and arguably less rewarding with her its like playing a real time chess and that's beautiful by itself. The problem is the very natural of this that put her slightly in disvantage

Like that reminder said this list can change anytime, its more a mental note putted on a thread. Even a slight variation on perks or mechanics can change everything, just look the vault speed change that in an indirect way nerfed clown. Wasn't even intended but it did

She's in a really good spot and mid high isn't bad, just means that to perform well you need more practice. A hag main that knows everything can be thousand years ahead of an average Nurse/Billy. Plus she is mid-high in my opinion, which means she needs a slight push to be high while mid-low risk to fall back if slightly nerfed

That's the reason why I divided mid tier in two trees

Another example before ending this answer, just changing the hex totems or totems spawns in general would change almost the whole list and have would be higher than the nurse easily in that case. For several reasons like hexes no being a gamble plus protected by her traps

Anyway thank for your opinions, they are pretty interesting 
  • The_Crusader
    So on your list where does balance begin and end for you?

For me it's between high tier to mid high tier. I think the top tier feels a bit cheap but killers below that feel like they can't win every scenario.
  • Malakir

@The_Crusader said:

For me it's between high tier to mid high tier. I think the top tier feels a bit cheap but killers below that feel like they can't win every scenario.

Same for me. even if more on high tier side. Billy is actually fine, I won't change much about it while Nurse might feel unbalanced but stealth would destroy her if done right. She might feel cheap when you play against her but that's actually how you would feel playing Trapper against good survivors so, mh

Before touching Nurse or even Billy to some extent I would look it up the map designs, maybe even take off the RNG on almost everything and redo every map with a good design. What I mean, take the map as they are, change some things like reducing the size or what not, put vaults and pallets in strategic points so there are few safe pallets for newbies but most of them can be mind gamed by either side. As survivor or killer mind game the opponent is so satisfying I would incentive this aspect.

So you would have nice chances to catch survivors or evade and/or hide, only then I would touch high tier Killers. Before that if I was a dev, I won't touch anything but low mid-low tier buffing them

• The_Crusader
    Malakir said:

@The_Crusader said:

Same for me. even if more on high tier side. Billy is actually fine, I won't change much about it while Nurse might feel unbalanced but stealth would destroy her if done right. She might feel cheap when you play against her but that's actually how you would feel playing Trapper against good survivors so, mh

Before touching Nurse or even Billy to some extent I would look it up the map designs, maybe even take off the RNG on almost everything and redo every map with a good design. What I mean, take the map as they are, change some things like reducing the size or what not, put vaults and pallets in strategic points so there are few safe pallets for newbies but most of them can be mind gamed by either side. As survivor or killer mind game the opponent is so satisfying I would incentive this aspect.

So you would have nice chances to catch survivors or evade and/or hide, only then I would touch high tier Killers. Before that if I was a dev, I won't touch anything but low mid-low tier buffing them

I think the rng is to stop the game becoming stale. It's already kind of predictable with where survivors will run, I assume with a static map you'd just get survivors all running for the same spots over and over again.

But on the other hand yeah I've always thought maybe good map design rather than RNG would help alleviate some of the BS we see in the game. Sometimes the rng creates such safe areas that it takes forever to catch survivors or you have to abandon that area entirely.

To be honest I'm not sure how they can buff mid-low tier killers without changing the game itself. Add-ons wont help them too much. They'd need to change pallets up and loops, which then risks making the stronger killers like Billy overpowered.
  • Mister_xD
    Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Mister_xD said:

Nurse
    Billy
    Myers
    Hag
    Huntress
    Spirit
    Clown
    Trapper
    Doctor
    Wraith
    Pig
    Leatherbilly
    Fredster

that is true.

i have seen this one!

THX^^
    2nd buff he would need is something needs to be done about the insane amount of time you have to waste on collecting all the traps across the map. Either they need to be on him from the start or they need to be way way way more effective.
    Something like a hindered effect on beartraps until healed… I mean, we are walking about a trap that is mangeling your legs!^^

I really like the ideas, however i feel like a more needed change would be to allow him replace disarmed beartraps on the spot, without having to pick them up first...
  • Malakir
    edited December 2018

@Mister_xD said:
    Wolf74 said:

I really like the ideas, however i feel like a more needed change would be to allow him replace disarmed beartraps on the spot, without having to pick them up first...

that would be awesome. Even some devs mentioned it on previous dev streams but still haven't done nothing about it

• Wolf74

@Malakir said:

@Mister_xD said:
    Wolf74 said:

that would be awesome. Even some devs mentioned it on previous dev streams but still haven't done nothing about it

And the traps need to stay in the same spot even if they caught someone.
    It is really messed up with the new iridescent stone, because a well placed trap is out of place after the first catch and reopens in an awkward location instead of the chokepoint that you wanted to block.