What do you think about a Chucky DLC?

Options
Kubui
Kubui Member Posts: 65

what do you think about this?

I hope we can get it in a future, i would say that is the second most requested killer (bc we all know the first one is Jason but that´s almost impossible).

Comments

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

Here the expert on this topic @Maperson

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,989
    Options

Would be really difficult to execute but it's not impossible, I'd love to see him among the other slashers in DBD.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

The perfect killer to sneak around tiles. Hope we get him eventually.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

One of the most popular requests for this game.

One of the most iconic classic slasher killers.

I am pretty confident he will be joining Dead By Daylight, and when he does, I will officially never leave.

• BuddhaBing
    BuddhaBing Member Posts: 248
    Options

Probably eventually. Victor shows a small killer can work and he could always have some sort of pyramid head like mechanic to hook survivors. It would even be kinda funny to just have him drag them, Nemesis showed that BHVR is willing to do unique carrying animations.

• Johnny_XMan
    Options

May I also say I really want Tiffany to show up with him. Could work similar to how Legion works, and you swap between her and Chucky.

“Barbie…eat your heart out” 💅

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    Options

It would be interesting. But he would be really difficult to make because he's really short.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Chucky is on my list of licensed killers that I NEVER want in dbd under any circumstances. Him along with candyman and any fnaf character 🤢

But to each their own.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

Perfect Chucky idea, Chucky and Tiffany standing on each others shoulders in a trenchcoat, that'd make their combined height around Hag or Blights old POV. Go for the triple whammy and give them a fedora for the Mr. X fanboys. Lean full bore into the ridiculousness of the Child's Play franchise. Hell, why not have 6 year old Andy as the Survivor?

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Would be an instant buy for me.

Probably the only licence that i would buy regardless of how good the chapter actually is

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730
    Options

Survivors can't be kids.

That's why they chose Steve and Nancy for the Stranger things chapter instead of one of the kids.

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761
    Options

I see the twins, specifically Victor, as the Devs doing a trial run for Chucky, just to see if a killer of that size could work. Clearly, it can. I think Chucky is guaranteed at this point. Not a question of if, but a matter of when

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730
    Options
  • Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options
  • bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Could do adult Andy from 3rd movie and have his foster sister from second movie as Legendary skin.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,044
    Options

I doubt it, to be honest. I can't really think of a power for Chucky which isn't pouncing at people or teleporting to doll boxes around the map, both of which have already been done before and multiple times. Plus, they'd have to create an entirely new skeleton for Chucky and his animations. How on earth would he break pallets or walls?

The more realistic option is a legendary set for the Twins that has Charlotte as Tiffany and Victor as Chucky. You could even have Chucky start spouting voice lines when attached to a survivor. This is, of course, assuming legendaries would change Victor's appearance, which they really should.

• Northener1907
    Options

Twins are boring. So i will not be happy if they do that. Chucky deserves to be part of family, not skin of most boring killer.

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 543
    Options

I thought the Twins were a test to see if Chucky would work. I have seen a few ideas where Human Tiffany would carry Chucky around, similar to the twins. I hope I am right.

• Johnny_XMan
    Options

Because of this post I just played a couple of matches as Twins and just ran around as Victor trying to impersonate Chucky 😂

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Victor isn't even remotely scary, I don't see how Chucky would fit.

• MadLordJack
    Options

The fact that Chucky is an actual icon is the problem. Everything you listed is original content that can be mocked, you can't do that with franchises that take themselves as ridiculously seriously as so many slasher fans do. It would be like them putting Myers in a chicken suit instead of Clown, not only would the rights holders not allow it due to potential image damage the hardcore purist fans would hate it.

Chucky would have to be more of a side-piece of his own power, sitting on shelves and creepily watching people until it's Mori time.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

I am 100% sure that we will achieve it soon, as Victor is small and shows us that if it is possible to make him fit, it worked, Nemesis in another case, is the highest killer in the game and does not carry the survivors on his shoulder, but on the waist, for Chucky I see him drag the survivors and it would be unique. There could be 5 dolls on the map and transfer his soul to one of them, so the survivors would not know which chucky is the real one, it would be fun to have him here, it would be my one of my favorite Mains along with GF, Myers, Nemesis and he if he enters.

• JHondo
    Options

Thought I was being obnoxious enough to make the sarcasm of my comment clear. That being said, Andy is a child in 1+2 and still literally a minor in military school in 3 and then takes a tertiary role from that point on. If they found a way to add a child's play chapter then more power to them and the people that would enjoy it but for me personally when I think Child's Play I think comedy horror and in terms of DBD a killer that could be punted into space lol

• Northener1907
    Options

Andy was adult on last movie. Before remake ofcourse.

• Johnny_XMan
    Options

@MadLordJack

Why do you have a problem with him being an icon?

Also, they don’t take themselves that serious when you consider that his 5th film had him becoming a “doll dad”. That’s not exactly what I would call serious.

Anyway, it’s ok that you aren’t a fan. It’s also ok not to like every killer that comes out. I don’t like the idea of Candyman being in this game, but I’m not going around telling those who want him in the game what a bad idea it would be. Not every killer is for everyone.

• JHondo
    Options

Sorry, Cult was so godawful I forgot it existed. So yes, adult Andy appears as a main character in the direct to streaming 7th movie in the franchise after only being mentioned in passing in films 4 & 5 and only appearing in the post credit scene of film 6.

• Northener1907
    Options

Chucky has so much movies but i only love original 3. I can understand why you forgot it because there is so terrible movies about him. But there is adult Andy and i am sure he will also be fit in DbD. He is one of the icon survivors in slasher movie story.

• JHondo
    edited June 2021
    Options

Personally I don't think he'd fit into DBD since, imo, the best part of Child's Play is Brad Dourif's banter and Don Mancini's writing leaning into the humor of the situations whereas, with the recent exception of the Trickster, killers are silent killing machines. They even went with the remake Freddy and not the bantery "#########" slinging Robert Englund version.

But like I said in a previous reply, if they were to add him I'd be okay with it.

• Hellbughunter
    Hellbughunter Member Posts: 83
    Options

Given his hight playing him would be one of the most miserable experience in game. I had problems looping when Blights camera was lower then now. And now lower that camera to the hight of a doll.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

I have always wanted a Chucky dlc since it was first discussed. Charles Lee Ray could be the killer, this compensates for the size of the killer due to hooking, and Chucky could be his power. Instead we get the twins, for this reason they will have to make them different enough from each other to be of value. They would have to use the 'dembella' (not sure if that's how you spell it) chant for the mori. Yes it would be tame in comparison but lore friendly especially if they get the sound clip of the chant.

I will be happy with the nemesis as my new main once released, depending on nerfs, as I am a huge zombie fan boy even if there are only 2.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264
    Options

But in all honesty do you play every killer in the game,I'm guessing probably not.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,999
    Options
  • kucerka
    kucerka Member Posts: 186
    Options

I would be ok if they added him but honestly? He would be just hilarious to watch walking or just doing anything. Victor is already a bit funny so adding Chucky would be like adding Scary movie to the game, basically a parody of a killer.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264
    Options

Yeah maybe, but from the demonstrations it doesn't seem like it would be that big of a deal.The only looping problem the blight has imo is trying to blight around a loop. I could understand where the height issue play in.

• MadLordJack
    Options

You might want to think that, but the fact remains it's a little doll that isn't even remotely scary with the camera angles and logic of DbD. The only people that would find it threatening are people with genuine doll phobias.

And therein lies the problem, the hardcore fans that have never even heard of DbD would hate it, the studio would hate it, even if the Devs got permission to release it the soured relations would potentially damage the company... You can't just mock a liscenced character lile that. I personally don't give two shites about Chucky, I'm just well aware that the developers have to treat liscenced properties with reverence or risk damaging the company.