Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why dont more people run Alert

Its just generally a super good perk on knowing where the killer is , it activates so often and , sure in the later game when pallets or breakable walls are fewer its not as good, but this information just cant be beat by any other killer reveal aura perk or addon, right now i just cant live without it.

Comments

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Great perk for stealth builds and tracking. I've even used it to juggle multiple gens solo when teammates were hiding all game.

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730

I like it, but prefer chase and flashlight save builds.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Alert is a mainstay in my survivor build. I prefer it over Spine Chill and other aura perks.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

It's an excellent tracking perk but it's probably because people are used to using other perks.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

I prefer spine chill and Kindred. I feel like they are generaly much more usefull.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

Spine Chill is better.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

I just don't like the perk. It good yes, but not for me. It's too situational in my opinion and I don't really need the information. I would rather use Object of Obsession now when it got reworked.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Because there's such a huge selection of perks it's hard for something to get a spot. Which is not to say it's a bad perk, it's pretty good really. It's just not going to fit in very many builds.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Bur how so, it just tells you when the killer is looking in ur direction while alert shows there aria for 5 seconds everytime

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

„do-do-doo working on gens do-do-doo Not paying attention“

*Myers tier up sound*

(Gotta love Samination for being so accurate)

• Gay_Police_Dept
    Gay_Police_Dept Member Posts: 743

Because Spine chill procs more easily and only does it when the killer is getting close to you. Being able to see killer's aura on the other side of the map doesn't help much either.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

It's super good and underrated but I personally don't think it's worth an entire perk slot.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

I know where the killer is by using Bond. That survivor running towards you as the heartbeat grows louder and louder, yeah, that's where he is.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

I used to use it a lot, then I was a kindred gamer for a minute, then addicted to Spine Chill but anymore I've built up enough game sense I prefer to use perks that help me with the things I can't fully rely on teammates for. Lately I run BT, Lithe, Inner Strength, and Stake Out and if I have a challenge that needs a specific perk or would be easier with a different perk I lose Stake Out.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Arguably the most useful perk in the game. Activates so often and useful after pallet breaks during chases.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

I like it, but there’s no way to justify using a perk slot for it, unless you don’t have a lot. As people said, Spine Chill gives much better info and hard counters stealth killers. You can’t see the killers aura when they’re undetectable, which makes alert just solid.

• Xaggy
    Xaggy Member Posts: 330

I consider Empathy as a better perk.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Because OoO exists and Alert is mostly good against weaker killers or bad players.

It used to be nice, but then Ruin came back into fashion, Surge got buffed, Wraith got popular, and so on and so forth.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

I'm addicted to spine chill, so that's one perk slot out. I like borrowed time a lot so that's one more slot. I often use an exhaustion perk, so that's dead hard for you. And I'm left with one perk. Admittedly, there are better choices for me than alert, for example, I really like windows of opportunity, that gives a lot of info for what my teammates used. Spine chill basically tells me if the killer is coming or not, so that's everything I need right there :/

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

If I'm in Solo Queue, Alert means I expect my team to actually use pallets, which they don't. In SWF my team can just call out where the killer is. If I'm going to run an information perk as a survivor it's always Spine Chill.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

I love alert even though I don't run it often. The information is great.

• Anara
    Anara Member Posts: 1,297
    edited June 2021

I love Alert, but im waiting for the graphical update to be complete, so every maps will have breakable walls so Alert will be even more useful.

• YuisPinkBob
    YuisPinkBob Member Posts: 353

It's a decent perk, that's for sure. I personally don't run it because I favour others over it and so don't find much use for it in my builds.

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 668
    edited June 2021

As a survivor I find there are better perks to use the slot on. As a killer granted at times helps the survivor however I find many times it just slows things down however it the end it doesn't help the survivors that much. Especially if the other survivors aren't doing very well in the match.