Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

New Killer Perk: Despoil

Peasant
Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
edited November 2018 in Creations
Edit: I realized that the perk synonymous with "Pillage" needed more of a reward so I have decided to add a BP bonus on breaking chests as well as an active effect.

Despoil:
This is your world, and everything in it is yours.

You gain the ability to break chests and items on the ground. Each time you break a chest that has an item inside you destroy the item and earn 250/500/1000 Bloodpoints in the Brutality category. If the chest has been opened you earn 125/250/500 Bloodpoints instead. When you break an item you will receive Bloodpoints in Brutality equivalent to the number of charges left times (1/2/3).

(Under consideration: You also gain a 50%/75%/100 Bloodpoint bonus to Brutality during the trial.)

"Gimme what you got."
@Jack11803 @S0ckenSchuss
Post edited by Peasant on

Comments

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

This perks just not useful. Franklins is better.

• Peasant
    edited September 2018
    @Jack11803 Eh, I am just brainstorming ideas for the developers. Not all of them will be good.
    Post edited by Peasant on
  • S0ckenSchuss
    S0ckenSchuss Member Posts: 110

For that the chest and loot system is too unimportant to the game. if you would say you need to open some chests to pick up parts for gens/exit gates, then its more important and a perk like that is more useful.

• Peasant
    Bumped for edit.
  • CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    You could have it so when you "break" an item it becomes faulty. When this item is used after 15/10/5 seconds of using the item you hurt yourself which injures you and breaks the item completely. Same idea applies to the chest.
  • FoggyDownpour
    FoggyDownpour Member Posts: 288
    What if the perk's base use was to make all items get used faster depending on the number of gens on? It could be a hex perk, and you would be able to wreck dropped items regardless of whether it was cleansed or lit. I don't think chests themselves should be touched, as that would make even more people use self care and people who didn't (newbies especially) would be at a heavy disadvantage if their source of healing was entirely reliant on other survivors.

Maybe a little something like this

Hex: Despoil (love the name and description btw)
    This is your world, and everything that's in it is yours.

You gain the ability to break items on the ground or in opened chests. Each time a generator is completed, Despoil receives a token. Each token penalizes all survivor's efficiency in using items.
    1 token: decreases the usage efficiency by 3%
    2 tokens: decreases the usage efficiency by 6%
    3 tokens: decreases the usage efficiency by 9%
    4 tokens: decreases the usage efficiency by 12%
    5 tokens: all items are unusable (broken status but for items?)

The token part is mostly off the top of my head and would definately need adjusting, but the idea is there. It would basically consume all items a ton faster the further into the match you were. Brown medkits would be like the original brown medkit, you would never get a full heal out of them without other perks and add-ons. 
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I like the token thing but I can already see the killer complaints about perk slots being used up especially when Franklin's already takes off % of durability. There's also teh it takes time off of doing gens, chases etc complaint. But there's ways to address that and perhaps make the perk better or even combine it with another perk.

I'll post some ideas later, about to eat dinner haha.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Peasant said:
    Edit: I realized that the perk synonymous with "Pillage" needed more of a reward so I have decided to add a BP bonus on breaking chests as well as an active effect.

Despoil:

You gain the ability to break chests and items on the ground. Each time you break a chest that has an item inside you destroy the item and earn 250/500/1000 Bloodpoints in the Brutality category. If the chest has been opened you earn 125/250/500 Bloodpoints instead. When you break an item you will receive Bloodpoints in Brutality equivalent to the number of charges left times (1/2/3).

(Under consideration: You also gain a 50%/75%/100 Bloodpoint bonus to Brutality during the trial.)

"Gimme what you got."
    @Jack11803 @S0ckenSchuss
    I feel like this shouldn't be a perk but be built in as a channelled action such as breaking a totem. Nice suggestion my friend! :)
  • Peasant

@Nickenzie said:
    Peasant said:

Despoil:

"Gimme what you got."
    @Jack11803 @S0ckenSchuss

I feel like this shouldn't be a perk but be built in as a channeled action such as breaking a totem. Nice suggestion my friend! :)

Well, I just always found it odd that killers can brutally murder and sacrifice living breathing survivors, but they can't seem to break a flashlight.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Peasant said:

@Nickenzie said:
    Peasant said:

Despoil:

"Gimme what you got."
    @Jack11803 @S0ckenSchuss

I feel like this shouldn't be a perk but be built in as a channeled action such as breaking a totem. Nice suggestion my friend! :)

Well, I just always found it odd that killers can brutally murder and sacrifice living breathing survivors, but they can't seem to break a flashlight.

I agree, there should be an option called "destroy". The killer points at the item or chest and the Entity traps it with its tentacles for X amount of seconds. After those X amount of seconds, the item or chest is destroyed by the Entity but... survivors can cleanse the chest or item while it's trap to free it from destruction.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Nickenzie said:

I agree, there should be an option called "destroy". The killer points at the item or chest and the Entity traps it with its tentacles for X amount of seconds. After those X amount of seconds, the item or chest is destroyed by the Entity but... survivors can cleanse the chest or item while it's trap to free it from destruction.

Well how about this instead, the killer can channel like you said with the break like on a gen but instead of destroying it it's damaged instead.

The effect would be that the chest that normally takes say 15 seconds to open now takes 30 and the chest has a damaged appearance.

Bonus effect: When a chest that has been damaged has been opened by a survivor the killer can close the chest to make it appear that it hasn't been opened before. You walk up to the chest similar to a gen and hit spacebar and it'll close the chest without making noise.

• DrBoneSaw
    DrBoneSaw Member Posts: 39

Not all perks have to be god tier, that's not what devs are aiming for, this sounds interesting, but plain bloodpoints aren't good enough really. Maybe something like everytime you break ANY chest or item, show the auras of survivors carrying and item for 5/7/9 seconds. Maybe more maybe less. Whatever, my idea